Skip to main content

Eurovision 2020

Columbo

Never again

SBS and production partner Blink TV have today announced Vanessa Amorosi and Casey Donovan will compete in ‘Eurovision – Australia Decides’ in February 2020.

good or bad?

oh well, it doesn't matter anyway. we'll lose again like a bunch of losers.

i think we should send a magpie as our entrance. have it squak during the performance. the setting can be something pretentious like brexit.

and the magpie's moves will be something out of this world, though we may have to give the audience buckets with eyes on them.

I'm highly convinced this is the song Vanessa is participating with, it's the only one on the album she dropped today that's exactly 3 minutes long, it's cute I guess?

Reactions: kxk
I'm going to be at this live show, if these are the two biggest names SBS was able to pin down I'll be spewing that I wasted money on this

I'm going to be at this live show, if these are the two biggest names SBS was able to pin down I'll be spewing that I wasted money on this

To be fair, every time a 'biggish' name has participated in Eurovision they have flopped. Darude this year and Bonnie Tyler and Cascada in the past.

To be fair, every time a 'biggish' name has participated in Eurovision they have flopped. Darude this year and Bonnie Tyler and Cascada in the past.
But bigger domestic names like Poli, Eleni or Luca have increasingly been doing well. I'm excited for what the UK is doing for 2020 seeing as they've got BMG backing their participation now

I love Vanessa A, hope she wins, she has a fantastic voice and looks good......I like that song in the clip

I would rather someone who is less known that might benefit from it, even if domestically only.

I suggest Elen Levon!

there's a good voice hidden behind all that autotune

but good choice

though tbh, i prefer the original (well the first half of it anyway).

there's a good voice hidden behind all that autotune

but good choice

though tbh, i prefer the original (well the first half of it anyway).

I think a mid-tempo dance sound similar to this would work well for Europe.

There have been too many Australian Idol or X factor alumni representing and I think Amorosi is too established for Eurovision. I do not want Eurovision Australia Decides to eventually become a career revival competition.

I want a less known representative who's career might evolve from participating.

I think Levon also seems to have had minor impact in Europe so I think she has some appeal that might grow.

I think a mid-tempo dance sound similar to this would work well for Europe.

There have been too many Australian Idol or X factor alumni representing and I think Amorosi is too established for Eurovision. I do not want Eurovision Australia Decides to eventually become a career revival competition.

I want a less known representative who's career might evolve from participating.

Levon also seems to have had minor impact in Europe so I think she has some appeal that might grow.

Yes, far too many reality fools contesting.

She could have impact like Tina Arena, the greatest artist of all time!

Back