Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

Gretel of course would be my first choice!
I hope it isn't Luke Jacobz, he's about as bland as white bread.

I think Tully would find it too difficult to be non biased if someone had an emotional time in the house. It would take her back to her own time there. She tends to reach out to people from reality shows who have had a tough time. The host needs to be neutral.

It’s hard to see who the perfect host is without knowing the format and concept of the reboot but so far out of the names thrown around I like Julia Zemero the most, or however you spell her name. She’s an experienced host plus funny and smart. You need somebody intelligent yet funny to host, that’s why Gretel was so good. I think anybody that ticks those two boxes would be fine...

I remember a few years ago she was on a sketch for The Chaser, it was either Chasers War On Everything or CNNNN. She played Gretel (they never actually acknowledged her as Gretel), but she did a good job telling the audience "calm down" with the hands.

Reactions: kxk
I think Chrissy would be the perfect host, as not only does she now have TV hosting experience, she has already been through BBAU, and has that sort of insight.

However I wouldnt be unhappy if Gretel hosted, after youtubing a bunch of BBUK, she is a bit like Davina.

But it could also come down to location... first the rumours were Melbourne, then Sydney, so if Ch7 want to save money, they'll want a host based where its filmed.

Director of Programming: Angus Ross said:
I am expecting to have a host (TV Tonight)

It looks like we can put to rest the 'no host' rumour, for the time being. Although the wording doesn't provide confirmation of a hosting role, only 7's intended direction.

To be honest without a live show probably more than any version Big Brother Australia could survive without a "host" if "Big Brother" himself was implemented in the same way as previously. It's also worth remembering that in the North American format the host only really interacts with the houseguests in three ways - to reveal twist and to oversee the eviction and HoH process, and in all three "Big Brother" could perform that role.

I don't think it would be the right call to drop the host, and I suspect any host will take on the role of narrator too if the show is pre-recorded, but if any version could survive without one it probably is BB Australia.

Reggie just shared an article on Facebook from the daily telegraph claiming Gretel has been signed as host. It probably is a rumour but it would be fantastic if it’s true. I tried uploading but it wouldn’t let me.

Reggie just shared an article on Facebook from the daily telegraph claiming Gretel has been signed as host. It probably is a rumour but it would be fantastic if it’s true. I tried uploading but it wouldn’t let me.

It's not true.. yet. :'(

"Despite some outlets reporting that original host Gretel Killeen has already been confirmed as the series ringleader, a Seven spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au there has been no conversations around a host."

Gretel Killeen has been signed to host Seven’s rebooted series of Big Brother next year, television insiders said last night.

Fresh from her surprise appearance on Ten’s The Masked Singer, the one-time Midday show comedian entered into talks last month to make her prime-time comeback at the helm of the show she launched in Australia and hosted on Ten for seven years from 2001-07.

Gretel Killeen has been signed to host Seven’s rebooted series of Big Brother next year, television insiders said last night.

Fresh from her surprise appearance on Ten’s The Masked Singer, the one-time Midday show comedian entered into talks last month to make her prime-time comeback at the helm of the show she launched in Australia and hosted on Ten for seven years from 2001-07.

There has been so many rumours and speculation about BB already I am not sure whether or not to believe this. It is according to "television insiders" the article said. Could all just be speculation and from anyone who works in the media directly involved or not? The article also mentions Sonia Kruger was in the running as well. But I can't see why she would want to give up her position on 9 with hosting Today Extra and The Voice Australia.

Fake News?

I am a big Gretel stan so even if BB is pre-recorded I would still love her hosting.

Back