Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

They should steal Rachel Corbett from The Project, and all her other stuff editing/presenting major podcasts, and writing.

She was an intruder Series 1. Only stayed for 4 days.
She is lovely......and that is a very cool BB connection

Or get Julia Zemiro, with Sam Pang please, they would be great:)

My suggestions might not be for the most likeable people but I do want a series that is interesting and sometimes more polarising people might be good for that (including the host).

I want a risk not someone who is just a host without interest or opinion.
I actually agree with this however i feel like someone like peta credlin or roxy jackenko are too controversial. The host needs to be someone who the audience can get behind, however, can also hold their own. I feel like peta would probably attack housemates and be biased towards them and not focus on the actual show and make it about herself and her controversial opinions. This in turn may put a negative vibe on bb which would kind of drain it/make it unenjoyable. Roxy seems abit too fake, she would make it about herself, and try and make out as if she knows what shes talking about and try and be controversial and put on a persona. It would just make the show seem fake.

I think the host really rubs off on bb and really shapes what the show looks like, so if they have a host they need to think carefully. Sonia put a filtered, fake vibe to bb, however, gretel wasn't afraid to have an opinion and was more free on the mic, therefore giving an attitude vibe to bb that wasnt afraid to tackle sensitive topics, which is what the show should be.

I would choose kitty flanagan, julia zemero or Chrissie Swan as host. They are all real, audiences can get behind them, they aren't afraid to have an opinion and don't have to filter their personalities on the mic/put on a persona, and would give the show a good vibe.

I actually agree with this however i feel like someone like peta credlin or roxy jackenko are too controversial. The host needs to be someone who the audience can get behind, however, can also hold their own. I feel like peta would probably attack housemates and be biased towards them and not focus on the actual show and make it about herself and her controversial opinions. This in turn may put a negative vibe on bb which would kind of drain it/make it unenjoyable. Roxy seems abit too fake, she would make it about herself, and try and make out as if she knows what shes talking about and try and be controversial and put on a persona. It would just make the show seem fake.

I think the host really rubs off on bb and really shapes what the show looks like, so if they have a host they need to think carefully. Sonia put a filtered, fake vibe to bb, however, gretel wasn't afraid to have an opinion and was more free on the mic, therefore giving an attitude vibe to bb that wasnt afraid to tackle sensitive topics, which is what the show should be.

I would choose kitty flanagan, julia zemero or Chrissie Swan as host. They are all real, audiences can get behind them, they aren't afraid to have an opinion and don't have to filter their personalities on the mic/put on a persona, and would give the show a good vibe.

I think this is a valid post.

Would you consider Yumi Stynes?

Reactions: kxk
I think this is a valid post.

Would you consider Yumi Stynes?
I think Yumi Stynes would actually be a good choice shes opinionated, intelligent, and likeable, but i dont think she would pop with audiences or be very entertaining she would probably lean more towards sonia personality wise.

Prue Macsween is a very interesting choice, but i just don't know if she has that likeabilty factor/if audiences would get behind her. And she has been known to have controversial views so bringing that to bb would make the show very attackish, and audiences would feel confronted/overwhelmed.

But i do think these are the type of names bb should be looking at, maybe just not as controversial. The host needs to be intelligent and opinionated with a good sense of humour, and not one like sonia that is childish and makes you cringe, but one that is actually funny like gretel. but also know when there opinion is not needed/when viewers would feel attacked or overwhelmed. and they would also need to ensure they are not making the show about them/ being polarising.

I do think it would be interesting to see though whether they filter the hosts personality or let them be free on the mic. e.g. someone like kitty flanagan, you would expect to have a laugh when watching her, but would channel 7 make her tone her comedic ways down and come off more serious, or let her be herself. Even someone like Peta Credlin, you would expect her to be highly opinionated and controversial, but would producers tell her to tone that down and be more family friendly. I wouldn't be suprised if they made someone like her walk out shuffling to party rock like they made sonia do.

But i do kind of think it would be necessary for them to filter someone like kitty's personality, because bb isnt exactly a stand up comedy routine, and if she was to finish every sentence with a joke which she tends to do, it would kind of be confusing/overwhelming and lose a sense of seriousness/ take away from what bb is.

I always felt sonia had the potential to be a great host but the problem was what she was given to work with. When she is herself and not under producer influence she can actually be quite an interesting funny character and as seen on today she isnt afraid to voice her opinion and have a discussion. But ofc channel 9 had to be 'family friendly' so made her lose all personality and take on the persona of a witty, quirky character, who can't hold their own. If only channel 9 let her be herself on the mic, where we are today could've been miles different.

I just don't think Sonia is that great a host full stop. From her links to camera, her talking to the house and her interviewing the housemates there is just nothing rememberable about her as Big Brother host.

I just don't think Sonia is that great a host full stop. From her links to camera, her talking to the house and her interviewing the housemates there is just nothing rememberable about her as Big Brother host.

You're spot on... That said based on what I saw of her prior to BB I actually thought she had potential. The fact that Nine did everything in their power to shape BB in the image they wanted to present could be partly to blame for Sonia's lacklustre performance.

Reactions: kxk
But i feel like this was nine's fault, not hers. They would of told her how to act, talk, and exactly what to say and because they wanted the show 'family friendly' it didn't allow for her to have any substance/depth and restricted her from having opinions so she could come across as neutral and likeable. Ten gave gretel and kyle and jackie o more freedom, hence allowing them to come of as natural and they were in an error of tv which wasnt family time so they could be controversial, have opinions and have a personality that wasnt a family friendly one which made them great hosts. well maybe not so much kyle and jackie.

When you watch clips of sonia when she isnt under producer influence, she does have opinions and actually has a personality unlike bb where she was portrayed by nine as quirky which was cringe worthy.

We can wish and hope.....and then we will likely get Joanna Griggs, she quit HR probably to do this
7 are going as cheap as they can, they will use someone contracted already

We can wish and hope.....and then we will likely get Joanna Griggs, she quit HR probably to do this

Sonia Kruger might go back to 7 soon if she gets kicked off of the Today show?

Ha you're probably right. If it was 10 it would be Angie and/or Yvie hosting it.

This is possibly a very highly unpopular opinion, but I feel Yvie Jones would actually be quite a decent Big Brother host personally.
Yeah it's a moot point, but I actually agree, she might have been ok. No way to tell without putting her in front of an audience with an autocue though.

Back