Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Have you seen the ratings, woo hoo

4THE BLOCK -MONNine 940,000.............Melbourne 283,000

AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MONNetwork 926,000..............Melbourne 316,000

So close to beating the stinking Block

In Melbourne it often beats the Block, please F... Off we hate you
Survivor beat the Block in Perth last night also

Will we crack the magic million mark? Or will everyone who's ~never watching again!!1!one! keep it under.

Woohoo cracked the million and beat the stupid boring block

Australian Survivor finale beats The Block
September 18th, 2019 By David Knox 1 commentFiled under: News,

The finale of Australian Survivor last night beat The Block.
The show drew 923,000 for the bulk of its broadcast, rising to 1.04m for the moment Pia Miranda was declared winner. That bettered 2018’s finale of 922,000 / 667,000 when Shane Gould won.
The Block was still strong but defeated at 857,000.

Finale: 926,000 peaking at 1.04m.

Last year's numbers David quotes seem to be wrong as he posted 862,000 peaking at 877,000 at the time.

Overall average (overnight) viewers per episode for each respective season are:

2016: 691,769
2017: 614,615
2018: 672,375
2019: 747,833

Note: I use the main episode value for my stats when it comes to the finale, not the winner announcement peak.

Untitled-1.jpg

Brilliant ratings, stuff you stinky Block

And as I have said before, we need to change our rating system it does not work

I think a bigger indication of viewers will be Luke's final donation tally.....

GOOD NEWS
Apparently we will get 2 series next year,
ALLSTARS & the usual whatever that may be next time, main point is ALLSTARS bonus not a replacement

GOOD NEWS
Apparently we will get 2 series next year,
ALLSTARS & the usual whatever that may be next time, main point is ALLSTARS bonus not a replacement

I'm sceptical tbh. It's possible 10 is taping the next season just to cater to switching up their 2020 schedule, and there won't necessarily be a second season next year, just this earlier, all-stars one. Unless they have officially stated there will be two seasons?

So glad it's finally getting the sort of ratings it deserves and though it seems a bit quick I think capitalising on it with All Stars sooner rather than later is probably good for momentum. I think it'll get the slot between I'm a Celeb and Masterchef which was very much a void this year. As such I believe a second series will follow later in the year as can't see Ten wanting to give up the slot it's beginning to make progress in.

Reactions: kxk
Monday's All Stars launch: 624,000

This is the lowest rating launch since 10 picked up the show, just under 2017's 639,000. It was up against tough competition though.

Maybe if it had a better lead in show than the hipster project survivor would get a few more viewers. But I can just imagine people changing the channel from ten after suffering through stories of plant based diets or why Morse code has replaced the telephone among millennial hipsters.

Tuesday: 562,000

That's a disappointing result... but not nearly as bad as MKR which came in fifth, after ABC and SBS on just 402,000. Ouch.

FWIW, last year Survivor's third ep came in at 562k as well, but as the season unrolled it turned out to be the highest rating season they've made so you never know.

Back