Skip to main content

Eurovision 2019

Enough people liked for her to win our national final by far and she also won her semi coming 2nd in the televote.

Just shows how low the bar is in Australia for talent, hey? There are serious problems with our music industry if Kate is the best performance that we could send.

The semi final that Kate was in had the weakest singers that I have seen in some time. So the televote and other factors don't say much at all considering how weak the semi final was.

Their jury votes got thrown out because their jury members revealed how they voted prior to the final being on TV. Instead an aggregated result was used to give their votes.

I read that in the last hour actually. Explains everything.

Just shows how low the bar is in Australia for talent, hey? There are serious problems with our music industry if Kate is the best performance that we could send.

The semi final that Kate was in had the weakest singers that I have seen in some time. So the televote and other factors don't say much at all considering how weak the semi final was.

We can send Tina Arena next year. Then we shall be guaranteed first place.

Still Kate did much better than Jess last year who was also in a weaker semi. And we got back in the top 10 again, so I am happy. 4 out of 5 years in the top 10 is great. Kate was also the highest ranked qualifier from the first semi.

Reactions: kxk
No. The strict definition of "we" denotes two or more persons which fits what Meglos is saying.

Yes, obviously I didn't mean that literally every single person in Australia didn't like the song much, but it's a general consensus based on comments I've seen here, on facebook and in the press.

The best chance that we will ever have of winning Eurovision is Delta Goodrem. However it never happens for some reason or another.

If that was the case then she wouldn't have even gone to eurovision.

Just from my experience and opinion (which is what we are all entitled to talk about, as you do about Tina Arena), there was an overwhelming feeling of support for Dami Im, perhaps a little less for Jessica Mauboy, and quite a lot less for Isiaih Firebrace. Kate is somewhere above him in popularity I feel, but not particularly loved.

Just from my experience and opinion (which is what we are all entitled to talk about, as you do about Tina Arena), there was an overwhelming feeling of support for Dami Im, perhaps a little less for Jessica Mauboy, and quite a lot less for Isiaih Firebrace. Kate is somewhere above him in popularity I feel, but not particularly loved.

Why?

Back