Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I wonder if Australia will do a version of The Masked Singer. Celebrities sing in animal costumes, and you only find out who they are when they are eliminated. I'm watching the American version, but it's a bit of a dud because so far they've all been sports people who are only famous in America.

It is beginning after I'm A Celebrity. Can't wait.

Samuel Johnson is really famous, he was one of the names being thrown around in the I'm A Celebrity thread.

Wow. Never heard of him. Interesting.

Don't know the other two, though I think I've heard the Curtley name, a sportsman of some sort.

Apparently he plays cricket. Don't know him either but assumed sports person.

The woman in the middle is Karl's ex (Karl Stefanovic that is, not Karl from neighbours).

Oh my... What makes her famous exactly?

Curtly is a cool dude, most of that legendary West Indies Cricket team are legends.......and they are all cool dudes,with that fantastic islander fun attitude,,,,he should be a star

Samuel Johnson is an Aussie legend now, I love him so much

And stupid Karl.......his ex wife is a classy intelligent lady.......wonder how long his mid life crisis bimbo marriage will last?
I would give it 6-12 months......new wife was counting on a rich glamour life, now.....he is trainwreck, with probably on a quarter of the old pay

He was in a lot of Australian shows, and does charity work in honour of his sister who died of cancer.
Home & Away
Rush
The Secret Life Of Us
Molly Meldrum mini-series

Explains it. I don't watch any of them.

Best of the 3 for me at the moment. Will be interested to see how he goes.

I heard Jett Kenny (Lisa Curry's son) is going to be on it as well

Also Michelle Bridges

I hope Jett doesn't appear on it. Another no name.

Michelle Bridges would be a good name to have on the show. Even though she is generally disliked, she is at least well known.

Oh, I hope Lisa's kid does do it,just for eye candy......that boy is Hollywood HOT, kind of like a striking Viking, or adonis

Sam will win, just because.........of his charity and all he has been through. He has an aim to raise 10 million more for cancer, he has already raised millions.
And in this goal he has already raised over 7million..........how can you have missed him @Affable, and Love Your Sister charity???

If for nothing else you should be aware he rode a unicycle across Australia raising money,,,,,,,,,do you not read newspapers???

I forgot, came here to say I have become addicted to slow tv, I love watching these long trips
The Kimberley to Darwin one.......oh wow.....now on my bucket list it is sooooooooooo beautiful
I find this stuff very soothing

Rumoured Dancing with the Stars cast

Confirmed: Cassandra Thorburn, author (and ex-wife of Karl Stefanovic)
Confirmed: Sam Johnson, actor
Olympia Valance, actor
Michelle Bridges, ex Biggest Loser trainer
Miguel Maestre, Living Room presenter
Denise Scott, Studio 10 presenter, comedienne
James Rees, Giggle & Hoot presenter
Jett Kenny, ironman (son of Grant Kenny / Lisa Curry-Kenny)
Confirmed: Curtly Ambrose, former cricketer
Constance Hall, blogger

Hoping not to see MBridges,,,,,,revolting person

Would be surprised if they don't chuck in some Bachelor people

Olympia and Michelle are the only two that I know well enough on that list and like. Hopefully they are the final 2.

I've heard of them all apart from Karl's wife and the Giggle & Hoot guy (though I guess I've heard of him too because I know what it is and whenever I've stumbled across it there's been a guy standing next to the puppets).
Miguel & Denise will be there for the comedy bad.
Isn't that Constance from Big Brother?

I've heard of them all apart from Karl's wife and the Giggle & Hoot guy (though I guess I've heard of him too because I know what it is and whenever I've stumbled across it there's been a guy standing next to the puppets).
Miguel & Denise will be there for the comedy bad.
Isn't that Constance from Big Brother?

Yep. She's a "Mummy Blogger" now

I'm sitting up in bed this early on a friday night as I've got an early start at work tomorrow and am keeping all my usual recordings etc for the werkend. Ive just found on sbs catch up a program called Supervet. I already record Vet On The Hill. I love these programs although they reduce me to tears. It's bucketing down outside and a huge storm been and gone with another one approaching.
Good night to be sitting up in bed.

Last edited:
The old guy from Julia’s dating show who thought he was a Sean Connery lookalike was just on The Chase. Didn’t make it through.

Reactions: kxk
Back