Skip to main content

The Bachelor 2018

A lot of people attribute the fear to fear of heights. Could the fear of flying be the same thing? Shouldn't be a fear of planes unless the person is incredibly panicked on the ground.

From what i have read, flying fear is about lack of control, anxiety about lack of control, confined spaces

Lots of pilots are afraid of heights, and like us they don't associate that with flying

Fear of flight people talk about how they don't trust how a plane can work, how can that huge heavy thing fly

Definitely started awkward, but there was a smooth enough recovery. I suspect their relationship has ventured somewhat into the friend zone and Nic is happy to have someone familiar about the place, but not really interested in pursuing things romantically.

HOW does Jamie Lee get sent on an obstacle course date in a CAM boot?!

True CAM boot story - I've been wearing a CAM boot the past eight weeks or so. One night early in the CAM boot wearage, our regional train crashed into a car which had gotten stuck at a level crossing. Luckily the driver of the car had enough time to get out. The sound of the train hitting the car was horrifying and the smell of petrol was so strong. The train eventually ground to a halt and I think everyone was a mix of in shock and in denial. At this point, we didn't know whether someone had been killed and the mood went between making jokes and being in total silence. The driver and conductors were clearly shaken up.

Eventually, we were ordered to evacuate the train. To do so involved climbing down a step ladder and on to the tracks. The ladder wasn't as difficult to negotiate in a CAM boot as were the tracks and rocks we had to cross to get to the nearest road. We ended up having to stand in a thunderstorm for an hour and a half till replacement buses arrived. We all huddled together and shared umbrellas and jokes. The smell of petrol didn't stop people lighting cigarettes, which was astounding. They were eventually convinced to put them out and a thunder storm started, complete with lightning!

Anyways, the moral to the story is, don't ask a girl in a CAM boot on an obstacle course date!

...wow!... that's awesome Twist but I'm so glad that it didn't happen to me... lol!... thanks for sharing that my friend... cheers.

Purpose of this Sticky....Nick gets to manhandle every girl
The entire series is about Nick getting to snog, squish, molest, a number of attractive women with no bad consequences
I think he had bets with his buddies
And, they have formed a line

I am absolutely terrified of how eights. I can’t get any higher than standing on a chair and sometimes even that is a challenge. Definitely not related to s fear of flying which I can do no trouble.

Purpose of this Sticky....Nick gets to manhandle every girl
The entire series is about Nick getting to snog, squish, molest, a number of attractive women with no bad consequences
I think he had bets with his buddies
And, they have formed a line

...bwahahaha!... a great theory that you have there kxk... and probably the EXACT reason for it lol!... as a guy I should have realised that lol!... perhaps I'm getting old or something?... lol!... cheers.

For me fear of flying is fear of crashing... and road accidents are not as scary to me, because it's usually over almost instantly, while in a plane it takes a while and you're less likely to know what's happening exactly... and the idea of having a few minutes where you're terrified and just waiting to die and there's nothing you can do about it, is scary.

I still fly though because I like to visit different countries. :p I don't like it, but it's not at phobia level.

Oh yes mate, is that why I find it hard to ask for help being one of too many kids????
Yeah, we never felt we could

How interesting, something profound for me from trash tv

You can tell that it was a lie. I think Nick is the type of guy who does not want to ask for help for fear of giving up his dignity? (Probably believes he needs help from no one?). It is pathetic and I don't understand why some guys are like that for.

For me fear of flying is fear of crashing... and road accidents are not as scary to me, because it's usually over almost instantly, while in a plane it takes a while and you're less likely to know what's happening exactly... and the idea of having a few minutes where you're terrified and just waiting to die and there's nothing you can do about it, is scary.

I still fly though because I like to visit different countries. :p I don't like it, but it's not at phobia level.

...the only time that I would have a fear of flying Lyf is if they ran out of alcohol on long flights I imagine?... but that might just me me lol!... cheers.

Reactions: Lyf
I was on a plane with a bomb threat, and even that didn't bother me much.....it was a decade before 9/11 and our horrid terrorist era
That would have made it different
They had to empty fuel and turn back, and we landed in the paddocks with ambos and fire trucks

You can tell that it was a lie. I think Nick is the type of guy who does not want to ask for help for fear of giving up his dignity? (Probably believes he needs help from no one?). It is pathetic and I don't understand why some guys are like that for.

No idea about Nick
But it is something I never realised that is very true of all the middle kids in our too big family

...I also don't understand why some guys cannot admit to being wrong and apologising sometimes... I've had a few mates like that in my lifetime... cheers.

...I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dasha that goes home tonight to be honest... if not her... Cass... cheers.

Back