Skip to main content

Celebrity BBUK - 2018 Part 2

Wow that has been some of the most amazing reality television i have ever seen.

i admit to getting teary eyed for Ryan in the last episode. i cant imagine how he must of been feeling, like a real life nightmare. Thank god it was caught on camera, he literally could of had his life ruined, possibly gone to jail. I feel sick in the guts, i really do.

I have gone from angry with Roxanne to feeling scared for her. She is clearly not right in the head and needs some help which i hope she gets.

I'm feeling exhausted myself after watching all that, i cant believe what i have witnessed i guess.

I know right? It's like she forgot she was being filmed and reverted to behavior that she has done before to other men. 11 000 complaints to OFCOM and all of them in his favor

Ugh this is such a no win situation. Ryan's mental health gets smashed. Roxanne, while I don't deny the feelings she had at the time (even though they were wrong), now has no career. There's a flow on effect for real victims of violence against women. Big Brother as a concept gets an unfair hit. Mens rights activists could jump on this bandwagon to further their cause. Just terrible all round.

No wonder Emma wasn't having it.

Sally. What a bitch!

She and Hardeep had a perfectly friendly chat about her feet and bunion, as old folk are wont to do about their various ailments. Then she twists it completely when Hardeep does a call-back joke about it later, as if he'd said it out of the blue to be insulting and nasty, and starts a fight between H & Ryan.

Cow.

And she's a piss weak psychic too. Red X's galore!

Last edited:
Sally. What a bitch!

She and Hardeep had a perfectly friendly chat about her feet and bunion, as old folk are wont to do about their various ailments. Then she twists it completely when Hardeep does a call-back joke about it later, as if he'd said it out of the blue to be insulting and nasty, and starts a fight between H & Ryan.

Cow.

And she's a piss weak psychic too. Red X's galore!

Honestly I get the feeling Hardeep is on a mission lately to piss everyone off... He's been "playing the game" since day 1 and he clearly has an advantage going in to the finals having faced nearly every eviction... Clearly his conversation with Sally was just to wined her up... As for Ryan since the Roxanne incident his ego has been inflating... No doubt he thought defending Sally would help win him more support from the public... IMO it just made him look like more of a twat... Aside from Dan he's been the dullest of all the HM's this series...

Ugh this is such a no win situation...

True. I can't help but wonder why BB let it go on as long as it did. It fascinated, appalled, outraged, and no doubt ratings spiked as a result, but at what cost, including to the possible continuation of the show itself? Like others I was moved to tears.

True. I can't help but wonder why BB let it go on as long as it did. It fascinated, appalled, outraged, and no doubt ratings spiked as a result, but at what cost, including to the possible continuation of the show itself? Like others I was moved to tears.

Like Tim said it was a no win situation... I think BB handled the situation the best they could without causing too much unnecessary drama... By no means could they ignore the fact that Roxanne felt uncomfortable with the situation nor could they punish Ryan further than they did... Once other HM's were involved BB basically told them they had nothing to worry about and that the situation might have been blown out of proportion without making light of the situation...

As for ratings I have no idea what the actual figures were as they've only been posted through the 2nd week... I doubt this whole ordeal really made an impact... If anything it kept ratings steady where they normally would have trailed off... In terms of whether it's affected the show in the long term the damage was done long before Roxanne set foot in that house... If BB is in fact cancelled the decision not to renew the contract was made long before this series was even in the planning stages... If the show does in fact continue this entire incident is just another drop in the bucket...

I can't stand the fact that Kirstie has a good shot at winning this thing... In terms of casting this series has been a massive disappointment... Had there no been the potential for this to be the last series I wouldn't have kept watching...

Sorry for the multiple posts but feel the need to add to my last post...

Tonight Hardeep proved that he is by far the most interesting HM and that all the others in there were fodder... BB made a massive mistake by not trying to build on the more “high brow” approach to the show they took last series...

Also I think Hardeep is wrong in his comments about TV as a medium... Going forward the internet is far more impactful that television ever was... We live in an age where we carry access to an endless stream of information in our pockets... If it wasn’t for media conglomerates continuing to fight a losing battle TV as a traditional medium would already be dead...

I feel the need to rant a little as I can’t believe how this series has played out and how unwatchable the last two episodes have been... On so many levels production has really cleaned up its act and started doing a lot of things right but on others it’s clear things are still the same...

I complete disagree with how production have been pushing Kirstie to the forefront of almost everything... She’s by far the dullest of all the HM’s if not the entire series... Her stories are not at all interesting... The entire reason she fit the theme of the series was due to her belief in Scientology and when asked she told Rodrigo to do his own research... She avoided confronting Natalie during her fit about the President task... In terms of the majority of tasks she hasn’t played a major role in any of them outside of the Presedency... And yet production are so desperate for her to win the series that’s she’s dominated more than a handful of episodes... More so in these final episodes leading to the finale... If she didn’t have the help from production no doubt she’d have faded in to the wallpaper long ago..,

I’m also not a fan of BB selecting roles for the HM’s to play during tasks or tasks that have been built specifically for ... For a series that’s been relying on naturally occurring drama it should only make sense to let the HM’s decide for themselves... Back in the C4 days I remember several fights that broke out when people weren’t delegated the specific role they wanted... Or tasks that were failed because the wrong person took on too much.., As for tasks designed for specific people it’s clear that today’s Thirsty Kirstie task had to do with helping her win more votes and keeping her in the public’s eye...

Also while it’s been refreshing to see consistent nominations it’s clear that head to head evictions aren’t working... We need at least a 3rd person up for the VTS to work properly and to ensure entertaining HM’s can stay throughout the series... Head to Head evictions should happen more later in the series where the stakes are higher...

I have LOVED this series!

I thought Kristie was awesome. I still have to watch the last ep. somehow I still don’t know who won. But I would be happy with any of them tbh

I have LOVED this series!

I thought Kristie was awesome. I still have to watch the last ep. somehow I still don’t know who won. But I would be happy with any of them tbh
I liked her too,what a refreshing change from the usual American celebs they put in there.

Reactions: Tee
I really loved this series and I am gutted it’s the last one.

I really loved this series and I am gutted it’s the last one.

Given that Emma introduced the civilian version as the last on Channel 5 and Endemol Shine’s statement about being positive about the future leads me to believe they may have an idea about where the show can go from here... It seems to be on an upward trajectory at the moment so there’s a chance they have found an alternative broadcaster... I do think it’s sad that it’s taken the threat of cancellation to snap back in to shape though...

Back