Skip to main content

10 PILOT WEEK

...Rove is so in his element in shows like this... he has a natural aura and presence in front of a Live audience... woohoo!... TOM GLEESON is on!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...I think that over the top slapstick isn't funny in itself... I get the laugh out of the fact that THEY think that they're being funny... I've been watching Glenn Robbins playing Russell Coight just to see how many of the gags endings that I can predict will happen before he actually does them... most times you can foresee what's going to happen... but I suppose that he's at least giving it a go to revive that character that some people really liked all of those years ago so I take the show with a grain of salt... at least his gags are a sort of mild and subtle bit of slapstick so he almost gets away with it with me kxk lol!... cheers.
I cannot cope with slapstick comedy, therefore Russell Coight leaves me cold. I'm more skit comedy. Immediate, quick and to the point. Watching Saturday Night with Rove. I don't mind Rove but at this stage it's all a bit forced. Love Tom Gleeson and Judith Lucy too, but again, feels forced.

They repeated Drunk History again tonight. It still looked absolutely terrible.
The bits I saw of the Dave show were at least marginally funny, but not strong enough for a full series.
They must be pinning ALL their hopes on the Rove show now.
I didn't mind Drunk History. Can't stand that NZ bloke though.

Yeah Tom as good as ever. Liking Judith’s banter too.
I'd put Judith, Tom and Kitty as my favourite comedians. Oh, and the Kransky Sisters. Not big on when people start working blue though. Kind of spoils it for me. On another note, Lawrence Mooney. Malcolm has been ousted, so does this mean he's got a loss of potential comedy? Hope so. He's piss poor on triple m, lol.

Back