Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kafka is great reading. The Castle particularly good.
Dostoevsky required reading too imo. "Crime and Punishment" and "The Idiot" should be on every school curriculum.
Camus and Sartre too. Seems we have similar reading habits @kxk :)
But Ive also been reading Batman for most of my life. Way before he exploded onto the screen. So I like my diversity.
And writers like Hunter Thompson. Bukowski also a personal favourite.
But Arthur Rimbaud the french poet who turned established poetry upside down and quit writing by the age of 17 and went on to become one of the first white men to establish trading in West Africa probably my fave. I deliberately learnt french to help me get a more accurate understanding of his work. Something always gets lost in translation. Particularly in poetry.
But his poetry is that good imo it reads well in english and remains a powerwful influence on me and literature to this very day.
Ooops. Sorry to rattle on. Reading is one of my great passions.:)
I love Reading too. But you have some confronting authors as your faves.

Yes, Trump fan. Just admit it. You can come clean now.

yes. all hail trump. i have always supported him but have had to try and hide my true feelings towards him because of some bullying posters here. with their nasty and personal attacks towards me. well no more.

I love Reading too. But you have some confronting authors as your faves.
Confronting authors push boundaries. May not be morally sound or good but always thought provoking. Makes one examine their own moral codes and ethics. But I listed a very small snapshot of the hundreds of authors and poets I love.
The Batman is a good guy tho Frau Moosen. A tad dark but fights for justice!
Hope you are well and thriving in Deutschland.

Art to me in any form is turning things upside down and around to examine all sides. But before this can be achieved you have to understand the basic rules of the discipline before you shape shift them to another plane.
Reading is such a magnificent pastime.
I sometimes on the odd occasion will drift into the local Library which is now like a ghost town. There is something comfortable to me about a Library and what it represents.
Perhaps I am just a relic of a bygone era. I do read both digitally and physically now.
But there is still something comforting and exciting to me about physically holding a book in my hand and turning to the next page.
The tangibility. The tradition. The familiarity. I dunno.
If Im on the go a tablet just seems so foreign to me so my travelling backpack is always full of books.
Impractical but Im happy to be a Dinosaur in this respect.:p

Books, and writing my emotions down...saved my life.
I grew up in huge, dysfunctional, loud family......
I could lose myself...in books

Why is your library a ghost town @Fuzz?
That is so sad.

I use all of my libraries, we have 4 near me. And they are buzzing all day long.
Techie stuff did not kill libraries it gave them a boost in Melbourne
3D printing, talking books, different languages, old people learning computers, people grabbing a dvd, and kids doing homework
And all the What's On stuff.

Why is your library a ghost town @Fuzz?
That is so sad.

I live not that far from the city in an old established suburb with an antiquated Library built eons ago. And I think the average age of where I live resides somewhere between 105 and 110 so maybe its hard for them to get there.:p
It does have some of the facilities you mentioned but it has a great musty feel of history in the air. Its a grand old building almost Victorian in its architecture.
I like it.

tina arena the pure art of expression she expresses in her music. no longer constrained by the whims of others, and by the past, a past she appreciates but knows will not help her become the musician that she can be.

Ban the T word.....anywhere but in that old thread
You twisted that joke way too far and long..............at least contain it where we can avoid it
Can't be bothered with anything to do with him or USA, unless I need to be afraid of them effecting us/Aus....
Seems we are immune, no tariffs for us:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back