Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

LOL, I love prawns, I love cheese, I love pineapple. Together? Not so much. It's a wonder we survived the seventies. EDIT : and banana too! VOM.
All of those on a pizza work well though, excluding banana. That goes well on crepes with maple syrup and bacon on a toasted bagel.

What?! I have NEVER seen a banana and bacon pizza. Is that a thing??!
Kookaburra Cafe in Brisbane does them - with a sweet chilli sauce.
My favourite coffee shop in Warwick recently closed its doors but they used to do an open melt sandwich that was banana, bacon and cheese. Yum!!!

My favourite coffee shop in Warwick recently closed its doors but they used to do an open melt sandwich that was banana, bacon and cheese. Yum!!!
Not sure about the cheese for me. Tuna with cheese on a melt I'll do. With my toasted bacon and banana bagel, the bacon had to be chopped. Didn't have the same effect if it was on one piece. Now I'm rather partial to a toasted vegemite and guacamole sandwich. Our caf at work does a lovely guacamole or I'll occasionally go a toasted salami, pineapple, cheese, tomato and olive sandwich. Pizza without the expense :)

fav easy lunch for me is a caprese panini ... aka spinach, tomato, mozzarella, basil pesto toasted sandwich ... I toast it at home and then heat up in oven at the office (hopefully remembering to keep an eye on it as I have been reminded a few times when smoke starting pouring out of the oven :arghh::woot:

will have to try bacon and banana combo on our next homemade pizza - bought one of those pizza oven/box things that sit inside bbq - easy way to use up left over bits and pieces ... fav combo has been bechamel sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and bbq chicken ... but have to say bacon and banana sounds very tempting!!!

Not sure about the cheese for me. Tuna with cheese on a melt I'll do.

Tuna & cheese melted toasties are one of my standby lunches. Like a tuna mornay without the fuss. I don't think I'd ever have pineapple or banana on it though. Maybe I could try hot banana and cheese....

Do they have tomato paste and cheese on them as well? I'm not a fan of sweet chili sauce I'm afraid...

And weirdly, because a LOT of pigs get eaten here, bacon is actually not very common. 'Speck' is relatively common (but it's often chopped small and snuck into things without my permission - I don't love it!! - it has an odd taste, in my opinion. Smokey or something...) and they have a lot of pork belly style cuts, which tastes ok, but it's not quite the same as bacon.

Tuna & cheese melted toasties are one of my standby lunches. Like a tuna mornay without the fuss. I don't think I'd ever have pineapple or banana on it though. Maybe I could try hot banana and cheese....
Banana and cream cheese, I can do. Or apple and other cheese. Not convinced about banana and regular cheese... maybe if it also had grated apple and sultanas or something....

will have to try bacon and banana combo on our next homemade pizza - bought one of those pizza oven/box things that sit inside bbq - easy way to use up left over bits and pieces ... fav combo has been bechamel sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and bbq chicken ... but have to say bacon and banana sounds very tempting!!!
Never would have thought to put those ingredients together on a pizza! Creative!

I have even more thoughts on this topic....! Obviously I should get out more and/or get a more challenging job. And some additional ingredients.....??

Do they have tomato paste and cheese on them as well? I'm not a fan of sweet chili sauce I'm afraid....

I'm not a fan of chilli either so I get them to use a BBQ sauce base instead. And there is definitely cheese.

I'm telling you it is absolutely delicious!

I'm not a fan of chilli either so I get them to use a BBQ sauce base instead. And there is definitely cheese.

I'm telling you it is absolutely delicious!
A pizza place near me makes a lovely sweet chilli chicken pizza. Makes a nice change from the tomato bases. They also do another good one with prawns and avocado.

Back