Skip to main content

Celebrities that annoy you.

Yes, it was a dreadful syndicated radio show, on Sunday nights I think, with "Ann Ann the extraordinaire". She would take callers who would ask leading questions like "my mother passed away, is she proud of me?" and Ann Ann would reply with wishy-washy stuff like "I sense her around you, around you she's all around you. I can also sense an animal spirit all around you, did you once have a dog?" It was disgusting, and taking advantage of vulnerable people imo.

I just knew you were going to post about this.

CrackedCrystalBall_400x400.jpg

I certainly get the impression that he doesn't like it when he's not in control or the centre of attention. I never get that feeling from Wil Anderson. Love him on Gruen.
I love Wil ... his hang-shit is so much more believable than Adam's, plus he's genuinely funny. Maybe part of the difference is that on Gruen, Wil has a panel who doesn't always agree with him, while Adam surrounds himself with paid sycophants on Last Leg. Adam sets off my bullshit-o-meter, Wil doesn't.

Peter Overton must be embarrassed.
Actually, Peter Overton annoys me, he comes across as pompous. I was very surprised when I first found out he was married to (the even more annoying) Jessica Rowe.

Pretty much everyone named in the thread is annoying, with the exception of Waleed. Mmmmm, Waleed <3

Oh, and Jason Alexander is ok: the George Costanza character was meant to be annoying. Although he annoyed a friend of mine into not watching Seinfeld any more, so I can understand he irked some people.

I'd like to nominate Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. Can't watch anything containing either of them.

Actually, Peter Overton annoys me, he comes across as pompous. I was very surprised when I first found out he was married to (the even more annoying) Jessica Rowe.

Pretty much everyone named in the thread is annoying, with the exception of Waleed. Mmmmm, Waleed <3

Oh, and Jason Alexander is ok: the George Costanza character was meant to be annoying. Although he annoyed a friend of mine into not watching Seinfeld any more, so I can understand he irked some people.

I'd like to nominate Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. Can't watch anything containing either of them.

I agree with Jim Carrey however one of my favourite movies is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind so I make a big exception for him there. Oh actually I like The Truman Show too. But he is still so annoying!

If that picture was at the Grand Final a few years ago, well, yes, annoyance plus.
The third one was. It was a photographical biography.
A slice of his life.
And yes. Meatloaf tastes bad.
Every single slice.:D
I agree with Jim Carrey however one of my favourite movies is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind so I make a big exception for him there. Oh actually I like The Truman Show too. But he is still so annoying!
So true. Annoying git. But can act.
Sunshine he was good. Man on the moon (movie about Andy Kaufman the comedian) he was brilliant.
And lil bits and pieces he has made me double up laffing. Notably a few scenes in Cable Guy where he improvised scenes in the medieval knights part. Rubbish movie apart from that. Liked the first half. Second half was dire when it changed gears to be a universal truth about the dangers of passiveness and the numbness of TV and entertainment. But that was Ben Stillers fault as director rather than Carey.
So. Carey is a borderline for me.
If he adopted his Mask personna full time in real life to piss people off he might just win me over for good.:D

The third one was. It was a photographical biography.
A slice of his life.
And yes. Meatloaf tastes bad.
Every single slice.:D

So true. Annoying git. But can act.
Sunshine he was good. Man on the moon (movie about Andy Kaufman the comedian) he was brilliant.
And lil bits and pieces he has made me double up laffing. Notably a few scenes in Cable Guy where he improvised scenes in the medieval knights part. Rubbish movie apart from that. Liked the first half. Second half was dire when it changed gears to be a universal truth about the dangers of passiveness and the numbness of TV and entertainment. But that was Ben Stillers fault as director rather than Carey.
So. Carey is a borderline for me.
If he adopted his Mask personna full time in real life to piss people off he might just win me over for good.:D

Oh crap I forgot about Man on the Moon... don't make me like him! I guess in that and Truman Show he was able to be whacky and zany amongst the seriousness. It's rare to be a good comedic actor and also good at the subtle dramatic acting but he does it.

Umm I still find him irritating though!

Oh crap I forgot about Man on the Moon... don't make me like him! I guess in that and Truman Show he was able to be whacky and zany amongst the seriousness. It's rare to be a good comedic actor and also good at the subtle dramatic acting but he does it.

Umm I still find him irritating though!
I can help you with that. He picks crappy roles most of the time. When he (or someone else) picks good roles, he's okay, his toilet humour doesn't work for me.

I can help you with that. He picks crappy roles most of the time. When he (or someone else) picks good roles, he's okay, his toilet humour doesn't work for me.
Agree. I will chuckle at few improv scenes in Cable Guy but by and large the Ace Ventura stuff is like flying high.
So many gags are thrown at you. Spray and pray humour.
Cept flying high has a higher percentage good gag rate sitting at approx 34%. Which is quite high for spray and pray comedy.
Ventura and Mask run at about a 7 % good gag rate.
But its all subjective.
Statistics dont mean everything.:D

For the purposes of this thread I think it's fine to appreciate someone's talent but still find them annoying. That's probably true for most talented celebs, lol.

Jim Carrey's an interesting one, because he is clearly annoying AND talented. Jerry Lewis paved the way for Jim Carrey's imbecile type of comedy (and others before him, like Abbot and Costello, the Marx brothers, the Three Stooges, etc), but Lewis once said that despite Carrey's obvious talent he will never reach his potential because he can rely on CGI rather than have to stretch his physical comedy further. I think he was right, but then again, drama is another thing altogether. Perhaps not relevant to this thread, but I wanted to say it, lol.

Agree. I will chuckle at few improv scenes in Cable Guy but by and large the Ace Ventura stuff is like flying high.
Cept flying high has a higher percentage good gag rate sitting at approx 34%. Which is quite high for spray and pray comedy.
But its all subjective.
I LOVE that you've brought stats into this!!!

For the purposes of this thread I think it's fine to appreciate someone's talent but still find them annoying. That's probably true for most talented celebs, lol.

Jim Carrey's an interesting one, because he is clearly annoying AND talented. Jerry Lewis paved the way for Jim Carrey's imbecile type of comedy (and others before him, like Abbot and Costello, the Marx brothers, the Three Stooges, etc), but Lewis once said that despite Carrey's obvious talent he will never reach his potential because he can rely on CGI rather than have to stretch his physical comedy further. I think he was right, but then again, drama is another thing altogether. Perhaps not relevant to this thread, but I wanted to say it, lol.
And Jerry Lewis knew his shit. Carrey seems to have gone for the quick pay off, the easy path. Perhaps mental health comes into play, but then, Robin Williams didn't seem to cop out, where Jim Carrey has had more bombs than hits, Robin Williams, did he have any "bombs"? Maybe it comes down to management

Surprised no one has said Andrew O'Keefe. His forced laugh drives me crazy, but aside from that I find him tolerable to likeable. But Mr Nutmeg CAN'T.STAND.HIM.
Used to feel that way. But he redeemed himself for me when he had his drunken off his face stumbling in gutters after nightclub thing.
I guess he misread the Oscar Wilde quote. Andrew, you dont actually have to lie in the gutter to look at the stars.:D
0,,6409996,00.jpg

But its all subjective.
I wonder how much responsibility comes down to the writers and execs of studios. In modern days we know that execs water down talent because they think they know better and are risk averse, with comedy being a serious risk because it is so subjective. So are modern comedy actors being let down? Bad choices, bad writing or bad acting? Or maybe a bit of all.

Back