Skip to main content

Celebrities that annoy you.

I like Amanda Kellar.

Jessica Rowe, Miranda Kerr, Shannon Noll, I agree with.

Jimmy Barnes and John Farnham I like up to a point - that point being 20 years ago when they should have retired/stopped screaming when you have no voice left/stop rehashing the past with one last tour.

Tina Arena was ok until her fan overhyped her - and her personality is grating.

I reckon all musicians should retire once they reach at the most 35 because they are not going to get any better.

And yes I do include Tina.

When did Channel 9 turn 60 Minutes into a full on family affair? Karl & Brother. Back to back. Yuk.

As for Stiff...He presents like a plank of wood trying to be all serious journo, but on inside I bet he's jumping up and down going "Look at me. Look at meeee. Me too. I'm here too... I've got my big boy pants on..."

Sure you have Karl.... Until tomorrow morning when you're back in the play pen with Sponge Bob, playing with Monopoly money (to you, anyway).

Peter Overton must be embarrassed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a funny thread. Some very good nominations here, maybe after everyone has had their say we include everyone in a vote for The Most Annoying Celebrity Of All Time, lol.

So glad someone said Adam Hills, he really irks me. I used to like him on Spicks and Specks but he's just a self-righteous know-it-all on The Last Leg, preaching to the converted but acting like he is changing the world. Some comedians can do anger comedy, Bill Hicks was the best. But Adam tries to be both inclusive (which he does well) and outraged (from a morally entitled point of view, which is where the 'annoying' bit comes in).

I have a few more ...

upload_2017-3-19_23-3-53.png
Russell is an awesome actor, but has an ego the size of a planet. Perhaps deserved, but still annoying.

upload_2017-3-19_23-5-51.png
Jacquie Lambie is a great crusader for veterans and families suffering from addiction, but the rest of the time she is as annoying as it gets.

upload_2017-3-19_23-8-58.png
Andrew Bolt, soooo smug for a climate change denier.

What a funny thread. Some very good nominations here, maybe after everyone has had their say we include everyone in a vote for The Most Annoying Celebrity Of All Time, lol.

So glad someone said Adam Hills, he really irks me. I used to like him on Spicks and Specks but he's just a self-righteous know-it-all on The Last Leg, preaching to the converted but acting like he is changing the world. Some comedians can do anger comedy, Bill Hicks was the best. But Adam tries to be both inclusive (which he does well) and outraged (from a morally entitled point of view, which is where the 'annoying' bit comes in).
That was me. I got annoyed with him on Spicks and Specks when he did that pen twirling thing. As if to say, look what I can do. I was told years ago that everything he says on air is so scripted and doesn't like it when it goes off script. Not sure how that works when other people are involved.

That was me. I got annoyed with him on Spicks and Specks when he did that pen twirling thing. As if to say, look what I can do. I was told years ago that everything he says on air is so scripted and doesn't like it when it goes off script. Not sure how that works when other people are involved.
They're scripted too?
It's kind of funny, that they assume we think they're natural funny, we all know who are.

I have a few more ...

View attachment 52516
Russell is an awesome actor, but has an ego the size of a planet. Perhaps deserved, but still annoying.

View attachment 52517
Jacquie Lambie is a great crusader for veterans and families suffering from addiction, but the rest of the time she is as annoying as it gets.

View attachment 52518
Andrew Bolt, soooo smug for a climate change denier.

Long time ago but I thought that this was an interesting read.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/when-i-was-russell-crowes-stooge/2006/06/06/1149359738242.html

They're scripted too?
It's kind of funny, that they assume we think they're natural funny, we all know who are.
I certainly get the impression that he doesn't like it when he's not in control or the centre of attention. I never get that feeling from Wil Anderson. Love him on Gruen.

And some others ...

upload_2017-3-19_23-33-50.png
Geoffrey Edelston, he's made my skin crawl since the 80s.

upload_2017-3-19_23-35-37.png
Barry Humphries ... good characters but totally full of himself.

Plus all the 'psychics' on Psychic TV ... totally unashamed scamming. I should be impressed by their huge balls to go on TV with a straight face and talk complete shit, but I'm not.

And some others ...

View attachment 52519
Geoffrey Edelston, he's made my skin crawl since the 80s.

View attachment 52520
Barry Humphries ... good characters but totally full of himself.

Plus all the 'psychics' on Psychic TV ... totally unashamed scamming. I should be impressed by their huge balls to go on TV with a straight face and talk complete shit, but I'm not.

This lady used to shit me to tears on the radio.
"Around you, around you, I sense someone all around you."

ann_1310.jpg

Doesn't surprise me. Now he has those two stooges on Last Leg to fawn over every lame-arsed unfunny idea he has. Adam isn't all bad, but I just can't get past him telling me what to think, even if at times it is what I actually think. Alex is the best of the bunch.

I'm going to read this properly but I just skim read it. This line seems to sum it up: Here was the Russell Crowe I had read about all these years, the superior, self-centred, Hollywood jerk I had convinced myself - and anyone who'd listen - was nought but a cynical media fiction.

I didn't read it all either, but I got the gist of it by skim-reading too. And that was ten years ago, imagine his ego now.

This lady used to shit me to tears on the radio.
"Around you, around you, I sense someone all around you."

ann_1310.jpg
She really calls herself Ann Ann?!! Well that's reason number one to find her annoying, lol. And then for her to be described as Woman's Day's clairvoyant, has the magazine no shame ... obviously not, although no surprises there. I don't even know her but I already find her false-hope, fake-arse 'sensing murder' irritating.

She really calls herself Ann Ann?!! Well that's reason number one to find her annoying, lol. And then for her to be described as Woman's Day's clairvoyant, has the magazine no shame ... obviously not, although no surprises there. I don't even know her but I already find her false-hope, fake-arse 'sensing murder' irritating.

Yes, it was a dreadful syndicated radio show, on Sunday nights I think, with "Ann Ann the extraordinaire". She would take callers who would ask leading questions like "my mother passed away, is she proud of me?" and Ann Ann would reply with wishy-washy stuff like "I sense her around you, around you she's all around you. I can also sense an animal spirit all around you, did you once have a dog?" It was disgusting, and taking advantage of vulnerable people imo.

I'm going to read this properly but I just skim read it. This line seems to sum it up: Here was the Russell Crowe I had read about all these years, the superior, self-centred, Hollywood jerk I had convinced myself - and anyone who'd listen - was nought but a cynical media fiction.

Russell Crowe, although I admire his acting, is someone who doesn't strike me as very warm. And arrogant too like that article mentioned.

Yes, it was a dreadful syndicated radio show, on Sunday nights I think, with "Ann Ann the extraordinaire". She would take callers who would ask leading questions like "my mother passed away, is she proud of me?" and Ann Ann would reply with wishy-washy stuff like "I sense her around you, around you she's all around you. I can also sense an animal spirit all around you, did you once have a dog?" It was disgusting, and taking advantage of vulnerable people imo.
Haha, psychics love generic.
The way you describe her spiel she reminds me of the hypnotist on Little Britain: not the best example but you'll know what I mean ...

Back