Skip to main content

Survivor Season 33

Me too, next thing I knew I was 22 minutes into the episode. Despite my misgivings over god bothering shit etc the end result was good.

As for why Zeke is returning for the next season, I guess the producers thought he was an entertaining character, when really he was an annoying prick. A la Russell. I was taught conflict = drama, but I guess dickhead = ratings.

Russell could have some humour, and he helped create drama, most of those he targeted were bad players anyway.

I still like Ken and Adam. This episode didn't change my opinion of either, though Adam undoubtedly came out of it as a nicer human. I don't have a problem with Ken "testing" Will, as it was obviously that Will was playing both sides and enjoying being the "swing vote" and "making a big move" a little too much. I never liked Will, but his golem-like contorting tantrum at being lectured by ken was really ugly and childish.
No tears from me over Zeke going, and I can't see why he's returning next season either.

I don't think Ken's move was good at all. He just seemed thrown by being told by Will that he was a target, information he gave to build trust. He needed to act much cooler and without the emotional kind of play that he always seems to do. The other side needed Will so the idea that they would turn on him didn't seem very clever. Ken wasn't really in a position to make a move.

Zeke seems to have lost a lot of weight in the transition too. Good for him. He wasn't my favourite on the show, but they are personality issues regardless of gender. He seems to have transitioned well, and unlike others on here, I wouldn't have noticed.

There's a really good interview with Nick Iadanza on the RHAP site talking about this episode. I'd link it, but I'm on mobile.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/12/go-will-fast-track-survivor-finale.html

This almost (but not quite) makes up for the dire playout of Survivor this season…..

Next week Survivor fans will be getting a daytime finale for the series, followed by a primetime replay.

The Millenials vs Gen X series will kick off at 12 midday AEDT on GO! in all states, followed by the all-important 1 hour reunion on Thursday December 15th.

All three hours will then be repeated for those who are unable to catch it, from 7:30pm local time.

But first there is a one hour episode to get to tomorrow night on GO!

Reading all this stuff about the scheduling of Survivor 33 in Australia, and considering the boost Australian Survivor must have had in the show's popularity there, what are the villains at channel 9 doing? Is it incompetence or sabotage?

Reading all this stuff about the scheduling of Survivor 33 in Australia, and considering the boost Australian Survivor must have had in the show's popularity there, what are the villains at channel 9 doing? Is it incompetence or sabotage?

I have thought all along it was sabotage (of Ten's Survivor). But you can never underestimate Nine's level of incompetence either.

I have thought all along it was sabotage (of Ten's Survivor). But you can never underestimate Nine's level of incompetence either.
Yeah I think by putting it back on Nine they were attempting to draw a bigger audience for it and undermine Ten. But due to their programming incompetence their efforts backfired and as usual it's been kicked from pillar to post, further alienating their audience and probably killing whatever ratings it had to begin with. lulz

Yeah I think by putting it back on Nine they were attempting to draw a bigger audience for it and undermine Ten. But due to their programming incompetence their efforts backfired and as usual it's been kicked from pillar to post, further alienating their audience and probably killing whatever ratings it had to begin with. lulz
Totally. Should have piggy-backed off the Australian one instead of trying to "get" them. The last season they aired at reasonable times should have shown them the audience was there and ready.

What an episode! Happy with the boots.
Hannah, Will didn't save you, Adam did, he played his idol for you. Will just tried to pad his stupid resume, which no one will care about in the real world anyway.
Jay, having an brain aneurysm versus stage 4 lung cancer, two totally different things. I get both are scary, but you can survive one of them. Thinking Adam could just take this out now, helping Ken win, freeing up his targets, getting the idol flushed out.
And loved the challenges!

What an episode! Happy with the boots.
Hannah, Will didn't save you, Adam did, he played his idol for you. Will just tried to pad his stupid resume, which no one will care about in the real world anyway.
Jay, having an brain aneurysm versus stage 4 lung cancer, two totally different things. I get both are scary, but you can survive one of them. Thinking Adam could just take this out now, helping Ken win, freeing up his targets, getting the idol flushed out.
And loved the challenges!

I hope not, Adam is the person I want to win the least.

People I don't like mostly win, I move on from it after a few days.
Having said that, prior to the loved ones visit, Adam was a wreck, and would never have thought he'd make the next tribal, let alone make the final. He's upped his game big time.

Really enjoyable episode. Happy with both boots.
Will needed to go, and Sunday was barely present anyway.
I really want Adam or Ken to win, but I didn't want to see David go tonight, so everything aligned.
Well, apart from Jay surviving, but at least his idol was flushed.

I really want Adam or Ken to win, but I didn't want to see David go tonight, so everything aligned.
Mostly agree Meglos. Will seemed so full of himself.. but what a shame it turns out Jesus doesn't love him after all.

I'd like Dave to win, but if Adam or Ken does it wouldn't bother me.

Remembered where I'd seen Jay before:

onetel_wideweb__430x211.jpg

The icing was that Jay didn't need to play it.

Adam will use his mother's story before the jury, that could make him a bigger target.

Going after Brett like David said may have been better for Hannah at this stage. I doubt she trusts him much either, and it still breaks up that duo, he's also a bigger comp threat. David is obviously one of the few she does trust.

Nice to see more immunities which aren't just balancing with strength. I didn't like Adam helping Ken though, it's supposed to be an individual challenge and that really shouldn't be allowed.

That was a boring episode.

What idiots - here's your chance to get out David, but no, Sunday Burquest! FFS.

I don't know if it was the right time just yet to get rid of Sunday, but I'm glad she's gone. She might just have goated through to the final two, not being a target due to not being any kind of threat and having not offended anyone... and that would be a snoozefest.

I wish David would work with Ken & Adam, they really need to get rid of Jay and Brett next.

I wish David would work with Ken & Adam, they really need to get rid of Jay and Brett next.

On the same page! Alright?! I wish Jay would work with Adam, Brett, whoever! - they need to get rid of David and Hannah next - but I'd be happy if they got rid of David and Adam, too.

Back