Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

RHAP know it alls rob and Stephen podcast of episodes 3 and 4. Be sure to listen to the last few minutes because they highly praise the show. They start off very upset that tribal was canceled. (If you wonder why, it's because the only way to really know tribe dynamics is to see how they vote. But also its not as entertaining.)

I put this here even though its not an article because I didn't want it lost in the episode thread.

http://robhasawebsite.com/australian-survivor-week-2-august-29-2016/

RHAP know it alls rob and Stephen podcast of episodes 3 and 4. Be sure to listen to the last few minutes because they highly praise the show. They start off very upset that tribal was canceled. (If you wonder why, it's because the only way to really know tribe dynamics is to see how they vote. But also its not as entertaining.)

I put this here even though its not an article because I didn't want it lost in the episode thread.

Thanks Rose. I didn't listen to it all, it's waaaay too long, but I fast forwarded through the random moments and they raised some interesting points. I particularly like their theory on the contestants, and who is possibly getting a winner's edit.

Thanks Rose. I didn't listen to it all, it's waaaay too long, but I fast forwarded through the random moments and they raised some interesting points. I particularly like their theory on the contestants, and who is possibly getting a winner's edit.
It's an hour and 10 minutes. I listen to it on the bus home tonight. The two of them know a lot about survivor. They are both picking up nuances I missed. I've gotten used to listening g to Rob while I do commute or errands or clean so I don't notice the length.
I liked that they predicted who is in trouble on each tribeand might go home next, and we don't have to wait a week to find out!

I'm glad the US fans are loving our version. I was so worried that we'd stuff it up, but this season is on par with the best.

Woman's Day has run an attack on Jonathan LaPaglia, in which unnamed sources claim he's rude and unprofessional on set and his ego is out of control, as well as claiming he's bad at hosting,
getimage.aspx

Woman's Day has run an attack on Jonathan LaPaglia, in which unnamed sources claim he's rude and unprofessional on set and his ego is out of control, as well as claiming he's bad at hosting,
getimage.aspx

I wouldn't take anything written in Woman's Day seriously, they are not exactly known for great journalism.

Reactions: kxk
I wouldn't take anything written in Woman's Day seriously, they are not exactly known for great journalism.
Yep, anything to sell a mag. I would have said it was typical for a mag from Nine's stable to have a go at another network's show, except Nine sold ACP Magazines to a German company a few years ago so it's not that.

Thanks for that link. It was interesting to listen to. I wish they had discussed episode 5. I guess I will have to wait for that.

Thanks for that link. It was interesting to listen to. I wish they had discussed episode 5. I guess I will have to wait for that.
Glad you like it! I'm disappointed they won't be able to
keep up with the shows too.
They scheduled the podcast to be recorded on Mondays (US evening so they could watch Sunday and Monday's episodes) before the third episode was added. They can't change their recording schedule. As far as I know, a US show that is successful or just started, has never changed schedules like this to add another show.Maybe it happened sometime. I'm still puzzled by this move but I understand Australians are used to it.

As it is they manage to finish watching the episode just before they podcast. Rob has made a fulltime job of podcasting and he covers a lot of shows. He has another channel called post show recaps. Stephen has another fulltime job.

I'm happy they are covering the show and I love their enthusiasm for it. I'm even happier that people here are enjoying the podcast!

Australian Survivor contestant Kate Campbell boils over after emergency treatment

Australian Survivor contestant Kate Campbell, 28, says having her underarm boil treated on the reality show was one of the most painful things she's ever endured.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-after-emergency-surgery-20160905-gr9gc5.html

Kate is awesome - I was looking at her and thought I knew her from somewhere. That accident she had was horrific!!!! Being local it was in the press everyday!
Good Luck Kate :)

'It's a real-life reality romance': Hunky Australian Survivor's Lee Carseldine and fellow castaway El Rowland are 'seeing each other' off the show
By CHLOE-LEE LONGHETTI and JACQUES PETERSON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 18:23 +10:00, 5 September 2016 | UPDATED: 19:05 +10:00, 5 September 2016

Australian Survivor's Lee Carseldine and Elena 'El' Rowland made headlines recently when former castaway Des Quilty hinted a romance was happening between the pair.

And this week, Woman's Day has reported the pair are 'still seeing each other' now that filming has ended, after 'secretly hooking up' off camera.

A source told the publication: 'It's a real-life reality romance.'

Scroll down for video

37AEB2CF00000578-3773974-Off_the_market_-m-65_1473057820414.jpg

Off the market? Australian Survivor's Lee Carseldine (pictured) and Elena 'El' Rowland are reportedly 'still seeing each other' after filming for the show wrapped

The source further described the hunky 40-year-old former cricketer as being 'smitten' with his new army corporal love.

Castaway Des Quilty, who was eliminated on the first episode, recently indicated to TV Week that sparks could be flying between the two genetically-blessed single parents.

The 59-year-old courier driver says El has Lee 'wrapped around her finger,' before adding that the twosome were sleeping next to each other in the Aganoa tribe's shelter.

37AB698A00000578-0-image-m-22_1472432877727.jpg

37AB697C00000578-0-image-a-23_1472432886978.jpg

Love Island or Australian Survivor? The hunky 40-year-old former cricketer is apparently 'smitten' with his new army corporal love, El (R)

37756B1500000578-0-image-a-24_1472432951037.jpg

• Spilling the beans: Eliminated castaway Des Quilty told TV Week that he believes El has Lee 'wrapped around her finger' and that the pair sleep next to each other in the shelter

TV Week he'd be open to finding love on the show.

'Who knows what can happen when you get stuck in this situation? I can't rule anything out,' he said.

He also told OK! Magazine that he auditioned for the 2013 version of The Bachelor Australia in his bid to find love.

'I tried out for the first season,' he said, with Tim Robards being chosen.

377B287100000578-3752400-Big_challenge_Lee_opened_up_about_difficulties_of_being_a_single-m-38_1471846079422.jpg

Proud dad: Former state cricketer Lee has two boys (pictured) while El is the mother to one son

He added that he would still be 'open' to the idea of appearing on the reality dating show in the near future.

He explained he would consider being a Bachelor on the show as he is still yet to find his 'one'.

Lee told the publication he is after a woman who is 'active and healthy with an intelligent and fun personality.'
37AB699B00000578-0-image-a-25_1472432969504.jpg

Stealing the show: The 40-year-old hunk is a standout contestant on Australian Survivor

This week on the show, Barry became the fifth contestant voted off and having to leave the idyllic beaches of Samoa.

He said after his exit: 'My message to the Vavau team - my loyalty, just because I was voted out, won't stray. I'm Vavau, through and through. I wouldn't change anything.

'I think I stayed true and loyal to the way that I wanted to play the game, and true and loyal to myself. I think the team's voted well. Any team, you've got to let the weakest link go and I was the weakest link in today's challenge.'

37B631C600000578-3773974-The_tribe_has_spoken_This_week_on_the_show_Barry_became_the_fift-m-68_1473058261136.jpg

The tribe has spoken: This week on the show, Barry became the fifth contestant voted off and having to leave the idyllic beaches of Samoa

FULL ARTICLE HERE
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...way-El-Rowland-seeing-show.html#ixzz4JOgLRx8r

With all the things to discuss about Survivor, a romance is the least interesting. Plus it's a bit of a spoiler.

Of course if they are just going to tweet who gets voted off, there is no reason to watch the show later.

I just feel they aren't doing enough to build the buzz around the show and not giving access to people for exit interviews was a huge mistake. I don't think they understand the online community. If you get them interested,they can build a buzz that other people pick up.

It's really frustrating to see them mishandle stuff. As far as I know RHAP is the only podcast covering this . There are no bloggers covering it outside of inside survivor. There is almost no press about the show at all. I have looked from time to time but not found much.

Like I said before it's a massive difference to the US show which has so much coverage. I know the US show has been on longer but there are no Australian sites that are covering or discussing the show.

Back