Skip to main content

R U OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I forgot to add, I wonder if the mentioned 'I can see Brinkpeople' on their profile, actually trys to help others?

Hmmm. @hooleydooley, talk of Charlotte Dawson sounds serious, I'm not sure if it is or not. Others obviously judge it as an outpouring of toxicity, but I'll respond, giving some attention to it, which is obviously part of the aim.

Charlotte was told by her friends to get off social media btw, but I also understand there is another view : 'why should I have to?'

Brinkpeople - don't know the intended meaning, but there have been other references to @Mooseface 's 'brinkmanship', and "I heart brinkmanship"... Which by dictionary definition means:
The art or practice of pursuing a dangerous policy to the limits of safety before stopping, especially in politics. So there's another take on it.

Of course, those custom messages are there for a reason and assumingly designed to create an effect, IF a person allows them to. (We are all responsible for ourselves, but arguably may expect safe environments - which comes down to what is considered reasonable, I suppose). Some may even view the titles as a form of psychological manipulation... which might affect different people in different ways, IF allowed to.

One answer is not to buy in, fuel and engage in it. Besides which, there is hypocrisy.... claiming to have higher standards and more noble beliefs than is the case.... I've concluded that many people could be deemed hypocrites (not excluding present company).

Do take care of yourself hooley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really quite concerned at the way some people (well, one in particular) posts on these forums. I was given a type load of words that was very nasty and for someone that says that they can see Brinkpeople is very concerning. The words that were spat at me, could turn a person, at the Brink - to make a very bad decision.

I think this persons words sum it up, who this person really is. I believe I am compassionate and try to understand whatever people posts are about and are going through. Going off topic on a thread, can happen - but to upset the people that are having a chat about a meeting up and by who would never intend to ever meet up, is beyond me.

This is what is had said to me

Kindly speak on your own behalf, hooley. You are neither objective nor mentally equipped to judge others. Your repetitive hard knock life self pitying skit and bellyaching are hardly intelligent, constructive or enjoyable. Move on. reepbot has more optimism in his 'dribble' than your jaded at life toxic bile.

And that was in response to this:

umm I think this thread was about a real time meet up, that I am sure you or WB would never be interested in - so why bother posting in here?

I can so understand Groovers frustration at your 'different' ways of posting, when she posts facts and how she really feels. I so get her frustration with the way you act around here, I get it but I have been trying to understand why you keep on doing so.......... attention seeking? I really don't get it.

Just to make life better for others on the forum, that wish to have a friendly chat and on the point - maybe I suggest, why don't you just stick to your own thread? You will get the people who wish to converse with you there. I do think you have good qualities - but sometimes you can be a really annoying poster - with nothing but dribble that makes no sense .......

Think about it ..........

ANYWAY - I won't be go taking my life over it, even though the person that can see 'brinkpeople', and he may want me to , seeing he said what he did about me and I am so not like that ......

The point is - that there are fragile people out there - those brinks - people do NOT need to be TOLD that they are this and that. He has it STATED on his profile that HE CAN SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so MAJOR BULLY TACTICS and what brings a person to do that, to another???????

Anyway, all is good - My Life goes on and maybe soon there will be no Forum here and that might be a good thing, if people like this are allowed to say things about others and drag up the past, that they have moved on from

#RIPCharlotteDawson xxxxxxxx
Hey Deb

I am not sure what thread you are talking about, but forget him. Do what Mooseface did and put him on block if it is affecting you to the point you are feeling sad.

He is a faceless lonely man who gnashes in a BBB forum looking for arguments 24/7. He thinks he is a mass debater extraordinaire, but please remember, without a response he is just an sad, lonely, impotent nobody. When you respond to him, you assist in his mental mass-debation. Don't be his KY gel!

Love sent :)

*Good behaviour bond flys out of window due to strong northerly, back-to-work flush of hot air*
:roflmao: :roflmao:

*Good behaviour bond flys out of window due to strong northerly, back-to-work flush of hot air*
:roflmao: :roflmao:
After reading Deb's heartfelt and emotion filled response to the spiteful words he directed at her and how it made her feel, it looks to me that his "good behaviour bond" flew out the window quite before the "strong northerly, back-to-work flush of hot air" posted.

But let's not let the truth get in the way of your obvious passive aggressiveness when it comes to trying to cyber nip at my heels.

I changed to 'I see brinkpeople' when Groover first started waving her "I'm leaving" brinkmanship flag to throw her weight around before finally taking a low, gutter cheapshot at reepbot on the way out that few self-appointed social justice warriors have had the spine to point out. hooley's own rhetorical diva departure that she derailed multiple threads advertising lasted how long in preparation and how long in total? Threatening leaving is meaningless, especially of it's a free card to be vile to people, as hooley used it, only to return shortly after.

hooley, kindly name the list of people you have ushered to post in only a single thread other than reepbot. Your actions were passive aggressive bullying layered under unintelligent, patronising deceit and misdirection.

Nicely thread derailed hooley. Really spreading your net. Feeling sorry for yourself over the term 'brink' in a brinkmanship context really shows the lengths you go to to drum up sympathy, pity party planner.

it seems that discrimination against people with disabilities is encouraged very strongly here by posters. which is very scary. who knows how far they will go? which is sad as i thought that this forum was a place for tolerance and understanding.

the over worked and fair moderators can only do so much. but they can't change anybody's bigoted and frightening nature.

it seems that discrimination against people with disabilities is encouraged very strongly here by posters. which is very scary. who knows how far they will go? which is sad as i thought that this forum was a place for tolerance and understanding.

the over worked and fair moderators can only do so much. but they can't change anybody's bigoted and frightening nature.
Are you taking about Witty's post in the politics thread where he used you as the butt of his joke when he implied you were too stupid to understand what the Pirate Party stood for?

All that proves is that you are unhealthily obsessed with me and you are completely fixated on a post you found from 2012, that involved consenting adults, laughter and sexual content. If you are not interested, why do you continue to search through my posts and fixate on me?

There are 24 hours in a day and personal responses and mood throughout that day varies. You can be playful, sad or sexual at one point in the day, and feel indignant at another. It is called a range of emotions, and it is a normal human response.

But to get this back on topic. RUOK? Because this mental forum crusade you have concocted where you are the self proclaimed truth speaker and clique slayer is not normal. This constant changing of custom titles, sig lines and profile pictures to try and mock and upset your newest fixation is not normal. Judging by the different interpretations to what you no doubt saw as clever mass debating word smithery with your "I see brinkpeople" proves you are no where near as clever or as easily understood as you think you are. Hooley thought it was about her, Bluefin thought it was about Mooseface, then came the surprise, after you explained, it was discovered that it was in fact directed to your newest fixation Groover! Again, this is not normal.

The vast majority of your interactions in this forum are argumentative, have you ever stopped and wondered why that is?

Given that I asked you a direct question I am quietly confident your cleverly well thought out response will include the usual:- I have a crooked tooth, I used drugs over 20 years ago, I have jowls, I am overweight, I like sex, and I once posted about using a champagne bottle sexually in 2012.
Catch up dopey, bluefin was spot on and providing prior historical examples of 'brinkmanship' usage that escaped hooley's low and selective grasp. And apparently yours. LOL that your failure to understand that now becomes 'proof' positive.

Plenty of my life is abnormal to you, such as being clean, employed and paying tax in the 90s or getting a home loan not having to lean on someone else's age eligibility :p Weird concept, huh?

Regarding arguments, it's because flawed groupthink instinct believes intelligence is cumulative. I don't ponder it much as much of the heavy lifting has been already performed by Dunning and Kruger.

@Witty Banter for further clarification, what exactly was I spot on about?
That brinkpeople is a PC play on 'brinkman'/brinkmanship and hooley's self harmy narrative was misdirected.

The thought of hooley self harming due to tuttle saying she was quitting MasterChef forever,( but not, again) and Groover spraying threats to leave in multiple threads is ridiculous. Bringing up Charlotte Dawson is misguided also, as Charlotte used cyberbullying to flog her biography, launched 2 weeks later. It was her publisher exposing her to pressure she was ill-equipped to mentally deal with. There are no parallels other than self pity.

@Witty Banter for further clarification, what exactly was I spot on about?

Catch up and follow the bouncing ball, dopey! You were spot on providing prior historical examples of 'brinkmanship' usage that escaped both my and hooley's low and selective grasp.

He was as always, as clear as mud with bipolar.

:laugh:

why do people want to try and control me?
I think control is the wrong word. But I think its fairly clear that in general they dont like that you repeatedly post very random stuff that has nothing to do with what eceryone else is discussing and that you provoke. And - it seems - intentionally try to derail a thread. And they would like you to tone it down and have asked you to and you refuse. I think basically thats the 'issue'.

For those that don't get the references, I posted this in the Masterchef thread, about page 200? (ask Witty, I'm sure they know)

Sums up the red team perfectly. "We're just chucking things everywhere"
If they get through, I swear, I am so done with this show.

Now, anyone who watches the show would understand why I posted that at the time, and in fact a few people "liked" the post, so I guess they felt the same way about the show at that time. Just after that Witty posted a personally nasty gif, and that was the last night I posted in the MC thread until last night, because I've been away. But Witty always seems to think 2 +2=5. Even though last night we established that Witty isn't as intelligent as they think they are, and that Witty is a self admitted bitch.
These posts were removed, something Witty is probably eternally grateful for because who wants everyone to see them naked? (unless you're a Kardashian of course)
I have nothing to do with hooley's posts, or Groover's, but totally understand why they posted why they did, as I'm sure most non troll like people do, you know, real people.[DOUBLEPOST=1467873993][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think control is the wrong word. But I think its fairly clear that in general they dont like that you repeatedly post very random stuff that has nothing to do with what eceryone else is discussing and that you provoke. And - it seems - intentionally try to derail a thread. And they would like you to tone it down and have asked you to and you refuse. I think basically thats the 'issue'.
Yep, it's not "control" it's stop interrupting conversations you have no interest in.

No the issue here is other posters trying to tell me what I can and can't post on here. Also their hypocrisy in regards to what they get outraged about on this forum.

Ok Kids. Tonic. This Thread is for Support. Take the toxicity elsewhere.
The bigger point is, every thread people choose to post in is important to them for whatever reason, whether it's about a TV show, chit-chat or about mental health. All troll posting anywhere is toxic. Don't like the posters, don't interact, don't like the topic, don't interact, it's not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back