Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to see if a potential alternative location for filming would be the Docklands Studios in Melbourne; working the house ala BB Can (with an indoor simulated backyard, especially given Melbourne's shit weather in winter). They wouldn't be able to get a comparable house size to Dreamworld through any of the sound stages, though; so the only option would be to build a 2-storey house - possibly with upstairs bedrooms or something - in one of the smaller sound stages - possibly 2 or 4?

If they saw the possibility of raising the profile of the studios they could consider it; but I'm not sure they'd willingly depart with one of their sound stages for a permanent fixture.

Ohhh i like that idea. Just for the simple fact that I like Melbourne better than Sydney.

I would like to see BB back, but not on TV.

Stan- part owned by nine and Fairfax. I believe would be a good home for BB.

They could do a live feed, make a new house in a new location and have it more adult orientated.

I would 10000000% get a Stan subscription if they had BB and I would keep it for as long as Stan were making BB.... But alas this is all just a fantasy. Doubt Stan would want to revive BB.
stan ew

Interesting point about the ability to sell old reality tv seasons for re-broadcast or streaming.

Good drama or documentaries lend themselves to it.

I guess it does prove that the best reality TV is - LIVE.

that is so true. live is best.

It's true. I keep forgetting that ultimately we're in the minority of people who do have an interest in re-watching reality TV, no matter how new or old. Heck, I actually binge-watch more past Australian reality TV seasons (BB, TAR, IACGNOH, MKR, TM) than I do of Netflix. But obviously that isn't everyone.

Although in saying that, they haven't actually tested the theory yet so who knows. I could see old seasons of something like TAR for example being of interest to people for "light entertainment".

It's true. I keep forgetting that ultimately we're in the minority of people who do have an interest in re-watching reality TV, no matter how new or old. Heck, I actually binge-watch more past Australian reality TV seasons (BB, TAR, IACGNOH, MKR, TM) than I do of Netflix. But obviously that isn't everyone.

Although in saying that, they haven't actually tested the theory yet so who knows. I could see old seasons of something like TAR for example being of interest to people for "light entertainment".

I spend my whole life on internet binge watching reality shows. Ive watched every series of TAR,TBL,BB,IACGMOOH,MS. Ive watched them all. I love reality TV and its a shame majority of people wouldn't want it on Netflix to stream.

Paging Channel Nine

Paging Channel Nine

DID YOU HEAR THAT TULLY? (I mean Channel 9)

YOU WANT US TO SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK??

LIVE IS BEST

AND AGAIN?!?

I can just picture channel nine sticking their fingers in their ears, not wanting to face the truth because that would mean that they were wrong and they hate to admit that.

Although the minority, it is still enough to sustain a shitty created reality show. On the other hand, if done correctly...? Then more viewers are able to be attracted.

Anyone heard of Hayu? Just launched in Aus, essentially its a reality tv streaming service. So literally netflix or stan but reality tv.

Anyone heard of Hayu? Just launched in Aus, essentially its a reality tv streaming service. So literally netflix or stan but reality tv.
Yeah, but it's not necessarily "game show" reality tv. It's only all the Kardashian/Real Housewives type of 'reality'.

It's funny though, because this article almost contradicts what Netflix were saying in the article posted above by @reepbot.

"All the Kardashians, top chefs, Hollywood psychics, real housewives, sassy salon workers, formal wars and Vanderpumps you could want for $5.99 a month. Apparently, we’re assured, people do want these things. [...] Hayu is after a very specific audience, one that is highly passionate about “their shows”." lol

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...y/news-story/1ab615f8061ab7a05a4a891d97433129

to be honest, i don't want them to renew big brother if the reason is plain desperation for ratings, because i think they'll try some dumb gimmick to advertise with, the season will flop and if it gets cancelled AGAIN i highly doubt it will ever come back. They should just wait until they are feeling steady and comfortable to renew it, even if thats in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back