Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

In one episode Mark said to Tim, I picked you for the show, because I knew you had potential etc.
As I didn't really watch the show (only saw a couple of episodes) I didn't see this particular episode you have mentioned but thanks for clearing this up for me.

Yeah, they're not together anymore but I guess that ruins Tim's heroic narrative a little bit.

I actually do like Tim and love this development, but there are holes in what he is saying.

I thought they split then got back together again.

Yeah, they're not together anymore but I guess that ruins Tim's heroic narrative a little bit.

I actually do like Tim and love this development, but there are holes in what he is saying.
He was trying to wrap up the details. No one cares in bbcan if Jake and Lisa are together or not ,when you're telling a story it's just easier to say they are together outside the show (which was true at one point ) then add extra details about their on and off breakup .

I thought they split then got back together again.

It's possible. They did split and possibly were back together but last I heard they were apart again, but really who knows.

He was trying to wrap up the details. No one cares in bbcan if Jake and Lisa are together or not ,when you're telling a story it's just easier to say they are together outside the show (which was true at one point ) then add extra details about their on and off breakup .

Yeah I get that, I mean it's easier to say they're still together than to get bogged down in the details, it just seems like it'd be just as convenient to say that they dated for a year afterwards but this made him sound better somehow. It's more indicative to me of a slight embellishment of facts to fit his angle, but more likely he is just recalling details with his own bias, something which all humans ultimately do.

I feel like rewatching that episode where Tim went into the house again because the only thing I really remember from that night is Cat expressing an interest in Lawson which lead to the birth of.......CLAWSON!

It would be interesting to hear @gemma6foot6's opinion in regards to the fact that producer meddling ensured she would be the first evictee. They obviously knew all they had to do was get David and Sandra enough votes so that Gemma and Jake would be trailing in the votes (since she was public enemy #2 due to that weird strategy) and then they concocted that bizarre eviction format that would seal her fate - because they knew the housemates would save Jake if given the chance.

They wanted to save David, and rigging it so that Gemma ended up leaving would still result in a somewhat plausible eviction after the events that had occurred in the house. Her strategy to cause drama basically handed her head on a platter to Mavroidakis to act as the scapegoat.

AKA Cancer

the show was already cancerous before them.[DOUBLEPOST=1458642221][/DOUBLEPOST]
It would be interesting to hear @gemma6foot6's opinion in regards to the fact that producer meddling ensured she would be the first evictee. They obviously knew all they had to do was get David and Sandra enough votes so that Gemma and Jake would be trailing in the votes (since she was public enemy #2 due to that weird strategy) and then they concocted that bizarre eviction format that would seal her fate - because they knew the housemates would save Jake if given the chance.

she had her revenge with the curse though.

Thanks for that sleepysonic.

Bit of a bummer they cut away from him in the end. His story was getting interesting.

Well it's good to have some BB stuff happening, disappointed about how scripted that stuff all was, really takes the reality out of the show haha. Channel 9 should market BB as a drama not reality haha.

I want it back, and at its roots with 10.

No worries.

I was a lurker in 2014, I vividly remember all this drama going down because of it.

I wonder if @DigitalCorp feels bad for playing a part in ruining Tim's career...

Ohhh, I love ethical stuff.

I had a look back on that thread you posted and I don't really think that digitalcorp should feel bad for what he posted. For one thing he was encouraged by other members here to post the full reply by Tim. I imagine the attention that he would have felt would have been intoxicating. Secondly, he did ask Tim's permission to post it. Thirdly, it was technically a pm rather than an email. I know and understand that when I send a pm here it may not stay private (i.e. might get reported and read by moderators.). Fourthly, I get the sense that they were trying to get rid of Tim anyway and the pm was just the excuse they needed. And lastly, i have noticed here that we tend to blend the public and personal lives of ex-housemates here. By that i mean we comment on their relationships and their careers. Therefore it can create an atmosphere of blurring what is private and what is public, especially in regards to private messages sent about the show.

So yeah i think ethically digital corp is in the clear in that regard.

I don't think Tim ruined his career with this - irreverence is a part of his brand. By telling this story here he is doing a bit of spin doctoring of his own, whilst giving the middle finger to Channel 9 from an international stage.

Woot, didn't expect this to get any traction in the media. I was watching when he said it live and was like woh :O . But I thought only we would be interested in hearing about it ^_^ .

1. Tim's career with channel 9 obviously wasn't over because of the apprentice, they just said it was over.
2. The manipulation Tim talks about is when he was hired as a guest not as a housemate. That doesn't mean the housemates are on a script. They did try to make it seem like Tim wasn't being told what to do though, but we all know that guests are given suggestions on what to do.
3. In terms of "she was meant to be the winner" and stuff, I feel that when they draft the housemates they look at all the scenarios. They want to sort of have an idea of the dynamic, who might go far, who might win, who might be out first, etc. I don't think that's malicious. I don't think they were actively trying to get certain contestants to win, there's no point in that.
4. Don't quote me on this but sometime during the feeds he said when he was a housemate in 2013 he went into the diary room feeling frustrated and wanting to leave and the producers told him that the show was mostly about him (Tim) and to stay. There's no way I could find the feed of that though as it was over a week ago, and I may be remembering it slightly wrong.

He has talked a lot about his time in big brother australia. He now actively tries to not talk about it, or only talk with Nikki because he feels the other housemates are getting sick of it. Most of what he has said was just re-telling of his experience and stuff that happened, nothing that juicy.

Back