Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

...that is a very good point there Brekkie... and surprising too of them allowing that to air... I agree with you about their "confidence in the way that they quite ethically run the show"... it kinda tells us that even though BB Worldwide are all parts of the same apple that some segments are so different when separated... good on BB Canada for allowing that to be aired... after that video above posted by Sleepysonic and that email posted by DigitalCorp way back then it really goes along with what we have always suspected about all of the manipulation within the 'reality' of any type of of 'Reality Show' doesn't it?...

...it's a refreshing change to get some sort of valid confirmation... I would love to see Tim snapped up by some other TV Channel and used against one of Channel 9's higher rating shows and beat it in the ratings... that would really put a rocket right up Channel 9's arse wouldn't it?... lol!... it would be brilliant to see Tim in "I'm a celebrity get me outta here"... he would so annoy so many other so-called 'Celebrities' for the time that he spent in that camp lol!...

...okay... I have a dream... Channel 10 snaps up the rights to Big Brother and have Tim Dormer Produce it... he would most likely take the show back to it's grass roots and 'make it real' as it used to be... he would allow the Live feeds to run 24/7... there would be no more 'storylines'... the contestants would be the people that go through the actual process of auditioning the old fashioned way and none of them would have an Agent or be tied to an Agency either... there would be Unicorns and Rainbows and the birds would sing and... and... um... er... sorry about that I just went off into LaLah Land for a few seconds there peoples... right!... back to reality... again... sorry about that... just remember... dreams are free... I'll shut up now... cheers.
I LOVE this post, Mr S :thumbsup:

Agree with everything you have said.

P.S Even the part about unicorns, rainbows and birds singing :laugh:;)

Last edited:
how much time does Tim spend reliving his 'glory days' on the big brother canada show? A lot? Or only a bit?
Jesus, Mary and Joseph. This is unbelievable.

I still maintain good on Tim for not bullshitting and speaking the truth about how he felt.

Albeit he did screw himself over career wise with "That" channel but probably didn't really give a shit at the end of the day. May not have been happy but still having the last laugh.

Look where he is now.;)

Last edited:
Even if Tim had never sent that email i don't think he would still be at channel nine. Like @Fuzz said his shtick was one dimensional.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. This is unbelievable.

I still maintain good on Tim for not bullshitting and speaking the truth about how he felt.

Albeit he did screw himself over career wise with "That" channel but probably didn't really give a shit at the end of the day. May not have been happy but still having the last laugh.

Look where he is now.;)

P.S .I know it’s only a short term gig BBCA but who knows what it may lead to?

Didn't David say that he fully intended all along to shave his beard off? Possibly he grew it to the length it was just for the show? Or did I imagine that? It goes against what Tim says if true, but I still believe Tim that that season in particular was highly manipulated.

Didn't David say that he fully intended all along to shave his beard off? Possibly he grew it to the length it was just for the show? Or did I imagine that? It goes against what Tim says if true, but I still believe Tim that that season in particular was highly manipulated.

I think so. Which would have gone against Tim's "I'm such a genius" narrative.

Tim was definitely not the "Puppet Master" let's put it that way.

That was my observation and opinion.

I think so. Which would have gone against Tim's "I'm such a genius" narrative.

Tim was definitely not the "Puppet Master" let's put it that way.

That was my observation and opinion.

Yeah, whilst I'm sure there is truth in what he is saying it's pretty clear we are getting his version of the story, plus it's been like 18 months since so it's not exactly a fresh memory.

In his original season, I think Tim was only a puppet master until halfway, when the Justynn stunt frazzled Tim and Boog mentally dominated his character. Tim was quite an emotional mess towards the end and succeeded on the back of his earlier good work.

I doubt that was the end of the conversation, so a part of me is annoyed that they cut away from it.

I wonder if this will have a knock on effect for Mavroidakis with TEN - Tim was saying things like "the producer's wanted", not "the network wanted" or "the network made the producer's...". It's very clear it was them coming up with the plans and executing them.

Just thought of something. Tim was on "Celebrity Apprentice" so all must have been forgiven with ch 9.

Just saying.

Just thought of something. Tim was on "Celebrity Apprentice" so all must have been forgiven.

Just saying.

Channel 9 bought the rights. They don't have anything to do with who's on it. That's up to Mark Bouris.

I informed David Knox (TV Tonight) about this last night and he wrote a story early this morning about it and now every major news site is writing about it (and as far as I have seen TV Tonight is the only site to have credited Behind Big Brother.)

Alex & Co will go mental.

Back