Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

Finally watched the er, finale.

I thought it was good to see Laurina so happy, but those highlights definitely dampened her mood, which was a shame.
This finals week has been a bit repetitive in terms of commentary, a lot of rehashing of the same stuff over and over.
Thought the show was probably a week too long, I couldn't be bothered catching up on any bits I'd missed anymore.
Though if I hadn't tried to also watch IACNOW maybe I'd feel different.
Not sure really about IACNOW, there's just not enough new material, it's like hearing the news all over again from two new newsreaders.
I wouldn't say Fev was one of my faves, but I'm not annoyed that he won.
I think if you're a sportsman with young kids who likes a laugh, this is the reality TV show for you.

...oh good... thanks for that Melore... at least I'm not alone on this... I have no idea as to why Peter Abbott was not running it this year but I have a sneaking suspicion that Peter sets a new show up and then if it works he hands it over to Alex to stuff it up with his shit leadership... and then Peter moves on to another show set up... I dunno... Peter Abbott set up the revival of Big Brother on Channel 9 and Alex finally killed it off with him directing that ship like the Titanic... I'm guessing that with his first time at the helm of this ship then Titanic II is on the horizon... if you want a good rating show to sink then just hand it to Alex... perhaps Channels 9 and 7 are secretly paying Alex to kill high rating shows on other Channels off?... just saying lol!... cheers.

My understanding, Sticky, was they shafted Peter Abbot part-way through the show last year - somewhere near the end. He did not leave of his own accord.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03...s-im-a-celebrity-before-production-wraps.html

I don't think he was ever involved in 9's version of BB, only the original one on Ten and I think only for the first three series of it. Alex is juvenile. I think they make a big mistake giving him power over these shows.

My understanding, Sticky, was they shafted Peter Abbot part-way through the show last year - somewhere near the end. He did not leave of his own accord.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03...s-im-a-celebrity-before-production-wraps.html

I don't think he was ever involved in 9's version of BB, only the original one on Ten and I think only for the first three series of it. Alex is juvenile. I think they make a big mistake giving him power over these shows.

...great article there Melore... quite interesting on how Peter was treated eh?... thanks for posting it my friend... cheers.

I think if you're a sportsman with young kids who likes a laugh, this is the reality TV show for you.

It definitely went the way of a predictable outcome. Male, ex-sportsman, larrikin. Maybe next year it'll be Shane Crawford?

I still think Laurina should have won. Yet, I think she can take a lot away from it. She beat out people with many many more followers. She beat Shane, Anthony, Jo Beth, Havana, people with much higher profiles and people you'd assume would have more public support. But people were voting for Laurina because they wanted her to win, no other reason. One day "celebrities" like Shane Warne will realise people are following them not because they like them, but simply because they are watching to see the mess unfold. Anyway, he showed his true colours within two minutes of leaving the jungle pretty much undoing any good he did.

It definitely went the way of a predictable outcome. Male, ex-sportsman, larrikin. Maybe next year it'll be Shane Crawford?

I still think Laurina should have won. Yet, I think she can take a lot away from it. She beat out people with many many more followers. She beat Shane, Anthony, Jo Beth, Havana, people with much higher profiles and people you'd assume would have more public support. But people were voting for Laurina because they wanted her to win, no other reason. One day "celebrities" like Shane Warne will realise people are following them not because they like them, but simply because they are watching to see the mess unfold. Anyway, he showed his true colours within two minutes of leaving the jungle pretty much undoing any good he did.

...haha!... Warnie did didn't he?... what you said about Laurina is so true davidfw... a good post my friend... cheers.

Yep good old Warnie - showed his true colours so quickly ... the snarky text re The Project had me laughing ... does he think they'd WANT him back on?

Laurina was full of shit, when she was telling Havana that Warne loved Havana etc.

That was one of the reasons I think the others didn't like her, she BS's

Back