Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

Nope. Hate to say it but Heather is not very good. Joel is OK but Heather is just there to wear short skirts and laugh at his jokes. You can tell they are both new at presenting because of the awkwardness, poor timing and not particularly good gags. You aren't missing anything by not watching, for example, they cross to camp while someone is picking their nose, and read off tweets. Effectively, the public is giving them all their material. It was slightly less cringey the night Joel hosted it alone but not much.
I always feel as if Joel is trying too hard to be funny, accepted, hip, cool, whatever, in anything I've seen him do. The funniest thing he ever did was last season when Chrissie asked about gorillas in the jungle and he indicated Merv Hughes who was sitting on his cot without a shirt on.

Only saw a bit of the Akmal exit interview. Interesting to hear that he felt a tangible pressure to be "on" all the time as he was the "comedian".A pressure he exerted upon himself I think. I dont think others on the show were monitoring the quality of his comedy output and I can certainly say as a viewer that he did not disappoint at all in any regard.
I really did appreciate his honesty in revealing what he was feeling.
One thing good ol Akky shouldnt have worried about was the degrees of celebrity and the fact he was only a comedian.
I think everybody tacitly accepts that this show has a very broad definition of "celebrity" and Akmal was certainly no less than any of them.
I think what separated him from others in his mind that he was a comedian. A job. A trade. And didnt define or want to pursue himself as a celebrity.
Will be missed.
A natural genial empathetic chap.

Okay I'm sure that this has been talked about somewhere but I just realised that Havana's bf 'Vince' is Vince Deltito from Young Talent Time! I hadn't realised that before lol. I obviously haven't googled Havana before.

Okay I'm sure that this has been talked about somewhere but I just realised that Havana's bf 'Vince' is Vince Deltito from Young Talent Time! I hadn't realised that before lol. I obviously haven't googled Havana before.

...Havanna's boyfriend is Vince Do Doo Di Doo Doo... um I mean Vince Deltito?... I didn't know that either so you're not on your own Insomniac... cheers.

Laurina, they only told you you were pretty because they had their beer goggles on. Is waitress code for dancer?

Think Havana could win?
220px-Havana-Brown2012.jpg

Girl's got serious fans, and seriously look at that.

Can't 10 make up some other show for these 2 to host? They are my favourite thing on TV ( besides Doctor Who of course:))

...wow!... Dean is saying something!!! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:... he finally has to do a task believe it or not?... there are ants/locusts and cockroaches plus others in there and he keeps speaking?... WTF is wrong with him?... as soon as they put the cockroaches in there I would've been screaming like a little girly man... there were thousands of dead flies dumped on him in the end... the ones that were alive in Bonnie's task the other night perhaps?... lol!... cheers.

Rotflmao at Dr Chris and Julia 's response to Laurina's explanation for people not voting for Akmal :hilarious: Riiiiiight, be right back. Hehe.

...that really was hilarious wasn't it?... their facial expressions got me cracking up lol!... my god what the hell was Laurina actually talking about?... she lost me... I had no idea... cheers.

Julia's response re Lizzy Hurley made me scream with laughter :laugh:

...she is so funny each time that she comes on isn't she?... she is a lot better than she was last year in my books... she really has found her 'flow' with her humour this year... Doctor Chris has really come good with his comedic abilities in being the 'straight guy' this year too... a great comedy act going on between them methinks!... cheers.

...she is so funny each time that she comes on isn't she?... she is a lot better than she was last year in my books... she really has found her 'flow' with her humour this year... Doctor Chris has really come good with his comedic abilities in being the 'straight guy' this year too... a great comedy act going on between them methinks!... cheers.
Dr Chris and Julia are killing it tonight with their banter. They're on fire.

Back