Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

MrS - isn't it a shame they didn't think to send those bottles to somewhere like Reverse Garbage where others could find them and put them to great use :) I guess because of what they used to store they have to be careful ... but still ... such a lot of great stuff gets wasted these days

...2015 Today I... am posting my creation of the day... I spent about 6 hours yesterday creating this terrarium in an old 45 litre carboy bottle from a laboratory that I got from work one day many many years ago...I had spent about 4 hours in creating the gardening tools for it prior to putting it all together... (the tools are sitting beside the bottle in the first image)... I had plants growing in it for about 8 years way back many years before... they all got attacked by insects when I forgot to put the mesh insect screen on the bottle one day... (you can see it in image #5 in place)... it's been sitting in my shed for about 5 years after I got disheartened with it and stored it away... I rediscovered it and here you are... my new bit of paradise!... lol!...

...I have another two about the same size still in the shed... they will be next... one of them will have just carnivorous plants like sundews/venus fly traps and pitcher plants in it when they come into season pretty soon... (I can't wait to do that one lol!)... the third bottle I haven't decided what to do with... (any suggestions?)... the bottles used to store Hydrochloric Acid and other such liquids in them... the lab technicians were just throwing them into a giant bin and smashing them as I walked past one day and I managed to rescue 3 of them... my heart had a palpitation when I saw that they had already smashed about 10 of them!... what a waste...

...the last image was taken of the inside of the carboy right in the mouth of the bottle and if you're curious it's sitting on a spare turntable that I use for my Bonsai plants when working on them so that I can turn the terrarium each day so that the plants don't grow in just one direction only... anyhow... I present to you... my new terrarium... ta dah!... cheers.

View attachment 50356

View attachment 50357

View attachment 50358

View attachment 50359

View attachment 50360

View attachment 50361

View attachment 50362
This looks sensational and so pretty. Totally agree with Crimmy's perspective. I thought of Honey I shrunk the kids movie when I read her comment, and how big everything else seemed in their backyard when they shrunk

@Mr Stickyfingers they are sooooo cool. Can't wait to see your carnivorous one. What a fabulous idea!!!

...thanks shaydee... I'll post the photos as soon as the carnivorous plants come into season and I can create it... I'm looking so forward to making that one because the scenario I have in mind will be such fun to do...

MrS - isn't it a shame they didn't think to send those bottles to somewhere like Reverse Garbage where others could find them and put them to great use :) I guess because of what they used to store they have to be careful ... but still ... such a lot of great stuff gets wasted these days

...yes crimmy for sure... I just died when I saw all of those broken ones... that particular bottle that I used is an old vintage bottle... it was worth about $600 on the Internet when I checked it out about 5 years ago... I have no idea about how much it is worth now though... I can't even find an image of that particular bottle now to let you know the price of it today... imagine how much money was smashed in that bin?...

This looks sensational and so pretty. Totally agree with Crimmy's perspective. I thought of Honey I shrunk the kids movie when I read her comment, and how big everything else seemed in their backyard when they shrunk

...haha!... I love that movie sweetgeek...wouldn't it be weird to be in that situation lol!... each one of those pebbles in that bottle would be like boulders... sounds like hard work to me lol!... cheers.

Updated my resume, looked for some jobs, and expressed interest in two volunteer jobs.

Absolutely NOTHING. :mad::rage::rage:

I have applied for zillions (ok, maybe not a zillion) of jobs & it's rare you hear anything back if you aren't shortlisted. That in itself can make you feel crappy. Anyone will tell you, job seeking is a soul destroying exercise, but don't let it define you or make you feel like you're not good enough. Even trying to get volunteer work is brutal these days. The application process is enough to make the baby Jesus weep!! Hang in there & keep trying. What is meant for you will turn up eventually. :)

I have applied for zillions (ok, maybe not a zillion) of jobs & it's rare you hear anything back if you aren't shortlisted. That in itself can make you feel crappy. Anyone will tell you, job seeking is a soul destroying exercise, but don't let it define you or make you feel like you're not good enough. Even trying to get volunteer work is brutal these days. The application process is enough to make the baby Jesus weep!! Hang in there & keep trying. What is meant for you will turn up eventually. :)

Oh don't worry I will continue searching for jobs and stuff like that. My life in the real world is far more important than my feelings.

Oh don't worry I will continue searching for jobs and stuff like that. My life in the real world is far more important than my feelings.

I do agree that it is not easy and that persistence is key! :)

Man I wish I was like that. My feelings get in the way of the real world far too much.

TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!!

I imagined what it would be like to be a candy cane. How it would feel and act in different situstions.

THIS WAS FOR A STORY. THAT IS ALL. SORRY.

Today I had my first ever job interview! :nailbiting:
It was a little different to what I expected. :confused:
It was an online video (not live) interview through the Sonru website.

I don't know how I went honestly because... well, I've never done one before.

Sounds like a fairly efficient way to have an interview. And as a bonus for you... You don't even have to wear pants!

That's cool! What industry uses that website?

Back