Skip to main content

2015 Today I...

I have spurts of motivation but i'm too easily distracted. OMG look at this on the internet!!

If i'm not locked into something I have the attention span of a gnat. Yet I thrive on stress and productivity in my working life. I like to be busy but I don't make myself busy in my not working life if I don't have to be....

*insert whiney child voice*

I get that. I am annoyed with the pressure I am under at work atm, because other people are being lazy, but it is also motivating to know I am working harder and contributing more and I can see myself being able to do roles now I could never see myself doing even 3 months ago because I have more confidence in myself

I don't know. I bet you are enjoying making me feel small. 'Squish squish le reepbot!'
That is not my intention, I just want to know how you see yourself and if you have an ambition to make something of yourself... You don't have to be ranking in the money or anything, but wouldn't it be good to be living a productive life? I know that that is something I was craving when I was depressed and in a bad way.

I get that. I am annoyed with the pressure I am under at work atm, because other people are being lazy, but it is also motivating to know I am working harder and contributing more and I can see myself being able to do roles now I could never see myself doing even 3 months ago because I have more confidence in myself

That's EXACTLY why I thrive in those situations. It's more for myself than anything. It's such a great feeling to feel confident in your capabilities. Good on you :)

Can I ask what it is that you do, I think you might have mentioned it before, but I can't recall.

That is not my intention, I just want to know how you see yourself and if you have an ambition to make something of yourself... You don't have to be ranking in the money or anything, but wouldn't it be good to be living a productive life? I know that that is something I was craving when I was depressed and in a bad way.

i'm not depressed i don't think. i do feel empty and sad sometimes.

i see myself as trapped. i want to be a writer.

What about getting a part time job? so you can study at uni, get some real world experience, interact with other people.... But while your doing all that you think and plan how you are going achieve you dream of being a writer.

Also how are you trapped? What is keeping you trapped?

What do you write about? Is there anything you specifically want to write about? Like a genre... fiction, non-fiction...

Tell me to stfu & keep my nose out of your business if you want :)

What about getting a part time job? so you can study at uni, get some real world experience, interact with other people.... But while your doing all that you think and plan how you are going achieve you dream of being a writer.

Also how are you trapped? What is keeping you trapped?

yes a part time job would be good for the money. i really don't have the desire to interact with other people, but money would be a big factor for me people not so much.

and i am already planning my writing career with the uni degree.

i'd rather not talk about what is keeping me trapped as it is private but i have told you about it before

yes a part time job would be good for the money. i really don't have the desire to interact with other people, but money would be a big factor for me people not so much.

and i am already planning my writing career with the uni degree.

i'd rather not talk about what is keeping me trapped as it is private but i have told you about it before
What about collecting trollies at Coles or washing dishes in a restaurant?

So beside the uni course what else are you doing to get this writing thing going?

And sorry I don't recall what it is that you said that has trapped you.

What about collecting trollies at Coles or washing dishes in a restaurant?

So beside the uni course what else are you doing to get this writing thing going?

And sorry I don't recall what it is that you said that has trapped you.

yes those jobs sound good.

writing competitions, writing for literary magazines, wanting to write a children's book. (also want to thank you for providing the inspiration for the unicorn story i submitted to uni).

also it doesn't really matter what has trapped me because only i can get out of it.

What do you write about? Is there anything you specifically want to write about? Like a genre... fiction, non-fiction...

Tell me to stfu & keep my nose out of your business if you want :)

i like writing about absurdist fantasy stuff type of thing. or may be alice in wonderland, wind in the willows type of stuff.

Awesome @Sweetgeek! Congratulations, that's so great and good to know your hard work has paid off and that you are doing the right course.

I remember result days were so nerve wracking. For my last lot of results they were dekayed a day and I stayed up most of the night refreshing the screen and i had nightmares about it all night and then kept refreshing at work all day the next to finally see that I had graduated.
Yep, that was me! Lucky my tutor put us all out of our misery and posted marks early. I'm loling about you having nightmares, but when I get there I'm sure I will be the same no doubt.

...2015 Today I... am posting my creation of the day... I spent about 6 hours yesterday creating this terrarium in an old 45 litre carboy bottle from a laboratory that I got from work one day many many years ago...I had spent about 4 hours in creating the gardening tools for it prior to putting it all together... (the tools are sitting beside the bottle in the first image)... I had plants growing in it for about 8 years way back many years before... they all got attacked by insects when I forgot to put the mesh insect screen on the bottle one day... (you can see it in image #5 in place)... it's been sitting in my shed for about 5 years after I got disheartened with it and stored it away... I rediscovered it and here you are... my new bit of paradise!... lol!...

...I have another two about the same size still in the shed... they will be next... one of them will have just carnivorous plants like sundews/venus fly traps and pitcher plants in it when they come into season pretty soon... (I can't wait to do that one lol!)... the third bottle I haven't decided what to do with... (any suggestions?)... the bottles used to store Hydrochloric Acid and other such liquids in them... the lab technicians were just throwing them into a giant bin and smashing them as I walked past one day and I managed to rescue 3 of them... my heart had a palpitation when I saw that they had already smashed about 10 of them!... what a waste...

...the last image was taken of the inside of the carboy right in the mouth of the bottle and if you're curious it's sitting on a spare turntable that I use for my Bonsai plants when working on them so that I can turn the terrarium each day so that the plants don't grow in just one direction only... anyhow... I present to you... my new terrarium... ta dah!... cheers.

DSC00685.JPG

DSC00692.JPG

DSC00693.JPG

DSC00694.JPG

DSC00695.JPG

DSC00689.JPG

DSC00699.JPG

Back