Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it insensitive to be slightly jealous of this? I love being in places when they're lit differently to how they normally are. It's always such a strange and exciting experience, and it really makes you think about the importance of lighting. Also, I've always wanted to experience the apocalypse so anything resembling it sounds like fun to me!
Haha I won't lie. I did say to a friend tonight that I enjoyed driving around these 'city' streets in pitch black. It's kinda exciting. :p

Twix does sound better. I always forget how much I love Twix and I never have them, and then I have one and I'm always so happy.
For me it's club dark chocolate with almonds. Actually the Cadbury fruit and nut, or the hazelnut one is my weakness. I love my chocolate with nuts

Oh gosh! I can imagine it's quite upsetting for many people, has anyone around you been health wise affected from this? I heard there is health warnings about the water causing pollution and the elderly are the most affected
No one that I know. No flooding in my immediate area.

A really sad story a few minutes away from me. On Tuesday night when the storm was pretty bad, an 86yo woman was crossing the street when an old guy driving a car (76yo) hit and killed her. Tragic. No idea what she was doing out walking the streets in the middle of the storm. Horrible for the man who hit her. Would have been hard enough trying to drive in that weather.

Haha I won't lie. I did say to a friend tonight that I enjoyed driving around these 'city' streets in pitch black. It's kinda exciting. :p
This only reminds me when my girlfriends and I drove to picton point and the road was narrow and pitch black and out of no where a car drives out from nowhere and is chasing us... Scary as hell... Though I learnt under pressure I am an amazing driver and take full control. So yeah, this does not excite me lol. My mind will get more imaginative than necessary haha

A really sad story a few minutes away from me. On Tuesday night when the storm was pretty bad, an 86yo woman was crossing the street when an old guy driving a car (76yo) hit and killed her. Tragic. No idea what she was doing out walking the streets in the middle of the storm. Horrible for the man who hit her. Would have been hard enough trying to drive in that weather.
That's terrible! I feel heartbroken for the man driving too. It was an accident and yet that is something he will live with now.

Oh, that's really sad. It would be sad were the people involved of any age, but for some reason things to do with elderly people makes me feel especially sad (you'd think it'd be the other way around).

It was weird. I went to Coles. I think they're running on a generator -- they had emergency lighting on in store so it was all dull. They had emptied out the freezers, they had trolleys and trolley full of juice and stuff they were obviously chucking out. Sad. Feels like a post apocalyptic world. Haha.

They had his massive light in the car park running on its own generator. Someone was standing there with their phone plugged into the side of it haha.

No one has even started to try to fix the power line in our street. They're saying it could be 'well into' next week now.

I had that in Brisbane in 2013 - no power for 5 days. I lived across the road from a major university and about 1km away from major hospital in the state so I assumed the electricity was being diverted to them. I got the shits and stayed in a hotel. I did claim the loss of food in the fridge on my home insurance though - I had been going through a freezing stage prior to the power outage and lost about a months worth of meals. I got all the money I claimed back. Hope that helps

Seriously you better not be kidding me! Not one person I am surrounded by understand my fondness for fruit and nut, NOT ONE! So I'm so excited that you really do rate it.

If there's one thing I take seriously, it's chocolate, so I would never kid you about it! I have noticed that people really don't understand it, and it upsets me because I'm always so enthused! I've loved it for years, and I get my fondness of it from my mum. She'd always have some when we used to watch TV shows together (CSI, Law & Order, etc. haha) when I was younger and I'd take some from her. Over time I eventually ate the majority of the thing and she had to start buying two blocks every week. :hilarious:

Oh, that's really sad. It would be sad were the people involved of any age, but for some reason things to do with elderly people makes me feel especially sad (you'd think it'd be the other way around).
No I am the same. Maybe it's because I have such a strong bond with my grandfather though, I don't know. He is really the most amazing human being on this earth. He has been through so much, but his humble and kind heart and his beautiful soul make me feel for old people so much I think.

I'll share something with you guys. I love the beach with all my heart, not just because the water is the most beautiful thing to touch my skin, or the fresh air that fills me up, or the free wind that makes me feel anything is possible, but because my happiest memories of my grandfather are when he is at the beach. This man has scars running all down the front of his body, big, jagged, protruding, in your face scars, he has a hunchback leaps on one leg because the other has no muscle and is really skinny. Yet he walks everyday and even though his eyesight is poor and his hearing barely there, he never gives up. I have always remembered my grandfather like this. But when I was young and saw him in the beach water, his face lights up with excitement and there is nothing but pure happiness. The way he leapt every time a wave hit him or the way he laughed when he was taking on a wave was for me the most wonderful thing I ever saw. I could see how free he looked, how for that one moment he was not aware that he was limited. So every time I think of the beach I see his face and it makes me smile. This is why I have a soft spot for old people, because of my grandfather

If there's one thing I take seriously, it's chocolate, so I would never kid you about it! I have noticed that people really don't understand it, and it upsets me because I'm always so enthused! I've loved it for years, and I get my fondness of it from my mum. She'd always have some when we used to watch TV shows together (CSI, Law & Order, etc. haha) when I was younger and I'd take some from her. Over time I eventually ate the majority of the thing and she had to start buying two blocks every week. :hilarious:
I think we are soul mates in the chocolate world.

No I am the same. Maybe it's because I have such a strong bond with my grandfather though, I don't know. He is really the most amazing human being on this earth. He has been through so much, but his humble and kind heart and his beautiful soul make me feel for old people so much I think.

I'll share something with you guys. I love the beach with all my heart, not just because the water is the most beautiful thing to touch my skin, or the fresh air that fills me up, or the free wind that makes me feel anything is possible, but because my happiest memories of my grandfather are when he is at the beach. This man has scars running all down the front of his body, big, jagged, protruding, in your face scars, he has a hunchback leaps on one leg because the other has no muscle and is really skinny. Yet he walks everyday and even though his eyesight is poor and his hearing barely there, he never gives up. I have always remembered my grandfather like this. But when I was young and saw him in the beach water, his face lights up with excitement and there is nothing but pure happiness. The way he leapt every time a wave hit him or the way he laughed when he was taking on a wave was for me the most wonderful thing I ever saw. I could see how free he looked, how for that one moment he was not aware that he was limited. So every time I think of the beach I see his face and it makes me smile. This is why I have a soft spot for old people, because of my grandfather

Oh, Sweetgeek, that is honestly so very lovely. Thanks for sharing that. xx

The chocolate mint biscuits are amazing!

Quite delightful!

But these are my favourite biscuits. I've only had them rarely, and not for a long time:

131494.jpg

Quite delightful!

But these are my favourite biscuits. I've only had them rarely, and not for a long time:

131494.jpg

Is it strange that I feel very uncomfortable (and possibly a little mad) when I see pictures of brands/things I've never seen/heard of before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back