Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
gemma6foot6
Now
Heading to @thenesthairboutique soirée. Trying a soft makeup look keeping things pretty. #allaboutthebase#revlon#esteelauder#maybelline

1941233_370521969802868_857117866_n.jpg

ryanginns
6 hours ago · The Eastern Official
Seeing as though GINŚEA.COM is now alive, I thought I would treat myself to a bit of a boogie tonight at @theeasternofficial#eltopobasement

11093127_803773096326879_986000133_n.jpg

theeasternofficial
4 hours ago · El Topo Basement
Along with @nathanjolliffe , @raul_gonzales , @liamconstantine , @shanosmoranos , the legend @ryanginns will be at El Topo Basement tonight for official after party for Island Live. Tickets are $10 at the door and we have some special music guests you don't want to miss! by Ryanginns #friyay#friday#bbau#ryanginns#afterparty#djs#theisland#eltopo#crew#epicnight

(same photo)

RYAN GINNS
GINŚEA™ is a mens lifestyle engagement website of Sydney based Designer and Art Director Ryan Ginns.

Since 2009, Ryan has created and directed imagery and communications across print and digital for a diverse range of clients.

Ryan's work has appeared in print and online via General Pants, Contiki, Spotify, Skyy Vodka, Epokhe Eyewear, Globe Brand, and Adidas.

Ryan is available anytime to talk about upcoming projects.

http://www.ginsea.com/

I love the Australian
It amuses me that people justify bad behaviour with "well other people have said much worse...". It doesn't make it right.

While I don't have the interest or stamina to scroll through the pages and pages and pages of posts, I will use the words that Delcan has chosen to post earlier today as her profile thingy to demonstrate my point:-

View attachment 48563

Drew and Tully are not characters in Neighbours. To coin a Rhi Rhi song, Drew and Tully were two people who found love in a hopeless place. A place that played out publicly resulting in online ridicule, harassment and I assume it hurt many people real life people. And then they had a public break up. Anyone who has dabbled even a little in reality surely understands the hurt that comes with a broken love affair.

By Delcan using Tully's real life hurt by announcing this in her public profile, which coincidentally is on display for all to see, in an attempt to publicly ridicule and devalue Tully's feelings in my opinion is mean spirited and it is spiteful. And at its core is the very issue we are talking about.

Words hurt.

You misunderstood what I said. What I was asking for was places where people were abusive in this thread. I realize that there probably was abuse about housemates in the on topic threads from when she was in the house.

I have never said that abuse is acceptable.

I am still trying to figure out what Tully was talking about. I don't think the remarks made about her in this thread as abusive in any way. Often we mention how beautiful she looks.

As for Drew and Tully, you can't possibly be serious that Tully is hurt by something posted as a reaction to being called out by name on Twitter. They broke up what two years ago? Drew and Ruby have been together for a long time. At some point, Tully has to get over it.

I know they are real people. But she has a public face that she chooses to post several times daily for their own financial reward. She can not reasonably expect people to not comment about her.

Her comment was that we think we know her in real life. My fundamental point is that,no, we don't. No one here thinks we know anything other than the image they are presenting. It is her assumption that we think that. I'm sure we all know that Tully's life is more than the paid work she does on social media.

I do find it interesting that she decided to attack the fans soon after people were posting about how maybe her popularity is slipping. Something I don't see happening myself.

I'm surprised that more people aren't defending the community here. I completely disagree with Tully's claim that we think we know her. I also disagree with her attacking one person and not bothering to explain what, exactly, bothered her so much.

So, yeah, I would defend the people here who I have been posting with for a long time over some random, unsubstantiated attack by a social media personality who has no understanding of this group.

If reading posts here are so stressful for her mental health, maybe she should just not torture herself.

This whole thing came out of the blue.

Last edited:
This may come as a shock. But YOU don't get to decide what caused Charlotte to kill herself. For you to dismiss the effect the negative online behaviour had on her lacks basic intelligence, compassion and insight.

Is Tully suicidal now? I'm really not understanding the connection. No one here is harrasing Tully. Tully can easily avoid having her feelings (certainly no one can disagree that TUlly is a very sensitive person, that is not a slight to her) hurt by not reading these comments. Its simple. We aren't stalking her, harming her or anything dangerous to her. And I don't think the comments are that bad. It certainly isn't bullying.

Again, I wonder why now? And, for ducks sake, what specifically is she referring to. No one has figured that out.

Anyone that thinks that @delcan would be deliberately malicious or try and hurt anyone with her comments is completely off their rocker.

I have no idea why she's been singled out. Maybe because she is one of the more regular posters in here so she was an easy target. Who knows...but it either way I think it's wrong.

I would find it extremely difficult to pop in here and read my name in these discussions given I actually am active on this site and this specific thread. It can't be easy and I think Delcan is doing a great job of avoiding getting defensive and just ignoring what I imagine seems like negative opinions on her. Whether it is because she feels overwhelmed though is another thing altogether. I couldn't deal with it and probably would get pretty emotional and want to just hide away from it all until goodness knows when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back