Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what she expects. This isn't the positive support and cheerleading thread for former housemates. This is people who watched the show commenting on the social media posts that housemates choose to share. The posts here are nothing compared to the hate she gets on social media. Why is she making fans a target?

I don't understand why comments made in this thread are horrifying to anyone. Maybe I've seen many more situations in real life that I consider truly horrifying, but Tully having her feelings hurt because someone doesn't like her instagram posts, her career, or her clothing is nowhere close to horrifying in my opinion.

I respect that other people feel differently.

I repeat that no one is claiming to know anything about Tully in real life. Why she would think we are is also confusing to me.

because we pass judgement on the HGs based on a few insta pics and tweets ... freeze frames from their lives ... and make assumptions (prime example the poster who said she was obviously struggling because she was asking people to add her on snapchat etc)

sure THEY choose to share their stuff online - but tell me how many young people DONT these days - what they don't get to choose is the way their life gets interpreted and talked about - and even the simplest things can quickly go either way ...

I'd have to say I cringe at some of the stuff that gets said here ... even my own at times. I've been brutally frank about my frustration with Jade right from when she was in the house ... and Ed too ... probably a few others ... but I'm not one-eyed and see & acknowledge the good stuff as well as what I see as bad ... but I know that if Jade were to read one post and not in context of the thread at times she could have been very hurt by things I might have said ... I meant no harm - she has driven me batty at times ... at others I've been Yay Jade!

I'm not sure what she expects. This isn't the positive support and cheerleading thread for former housemates. This is people who watched the show commenting on the social media posts that housemates choose to share. The posts here are nothing compared to the hate she gets on social media. Why is she making fans a target?

I don't understand why comments made in this thread are horrifying to anyone. Maybe I've seen many more situations in real life that I consider truly horrifying, but Tully having her feelings hurt because someone doesn't like her instagram posts, her career, or her clothing is nowhere close to horrifying in my opinion.

I respect that other people feel differently.

I repeat that no one is claiming to know anything about Tully in real life. Why she would think we are is also confusing to me.
I guess when you read a comment about yourself, it becomes 10 times worse in your head because it is about you. we understand each other enough to know our posts are not meant to be in malice but for others that do not know us as posters, they don't understand it I suppose. I think delcan is sarcastic and uses that to create entertainment for us and others and to add a bit of pizzazz, doesn't come across that way for others I think. I'll tell you what, it took me a long time to see it myself. With forums like this, it should be easy to see that you see 50% truth in what is posted because sometimes our posting styles is to be more over the top not for malice but for whatever reason. And imo I was horrified because to tully it will sound and seem so much worse and that's why I am horrified.

I'm thinking delcan uses same name here as in SM so Tully made the connection between comments in both places

like reaper said - she got what she was wanting - her point across and discussed

no harm in us discussing this though - a bit of self-reflection and navel gazing never hurt anyone!

(who stole all those choccie biccies!?!) (do I have to break out the Natural Confectionary Company snakes)

oh shit - where IS that hash tag thingy ... the choccie biccies were from Arnotts - just in case you're interested

SEND BOXES OF THEM - cash is great but the biccies are better!!!!!

(obviously bored at work on a Friday afternoon ...)

I've always thought of this forum as being underground and have never felt comfortable with ex HM's reading or joining the forum. To me it's like a secret club, of course we don't know these HM's, most of us don't know anyone we see on TV but we all have our heroes and villains. Sometimes we admire them, sometimes they infuriate us and sometimes we just go WTF!

It would be hard reading negative comments about yourself but we all have an opinion...even Tully. I hope the peeps at 123cabs
weren't too offended by her tweet last week. ;)

Tully SmythVerified account‏@tee_smyth Mar 20

Hey @13cabs - you're a piece of shit. I hate when I'm given cab charge cards and therefore have to put up with you. @Uber_Melbourne forever!

I'm not sure what she expects. This isn't the positive support and cheerleading thread for former housemates. .
its ok I've found something to keep me busy now ... you know assembling those archive boxes to store my pompoms takes me a while ... get ONE flap out of sequence and your box just doesn't work out right ... these things are important ..[DOUBLEPOST=1427422741][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've always thought of this forum as being underground and have never felt comfortable with ex HM's reading or joining the forum. To me it's like a secret club, of course we don't know these HM's, most of us don't know anyone we see on TV but we all have our heroes and villains. Sometimes we admire them, sometimes they infuriate us and sometimes we just go WTF!

It would be hard reading negative comments about yourself but we all have an opinion...even Tully. I hope the peeps at 123cabs

Hey @13cabs - you're a piece of shit. I hate when I'm given cab charge cards and therefore have to put up with you. @Uber_Melbourne forever!
I saw that - and @13cabs were pretty damn quick to ask her to let them know what the issue was so they could fix it

I'm thinking delcan uses same name here as in SM so Tully made the connection between comments in both places

like reaper said - she got what she was wanting - her point across and discussed

no harm in us discussing this though - a bit of self-reflection and navel gazing never hurt anyone!

(who stole all those choccie biccies!?!) (do I have to break out the Natural Confectionary Company snakes)

oh shit - where IS that hash tag thingy ... the choccie biccies were from Arnotts - just in case you're interested

SEND BOXES OF THEM - cash is great but the biccies are better!!!!!

(obviously bored at work on a Friday afternoon ...)
Woolies have a buy 3 special on arnotts, get around to it, crimmy!

And yes I will happily pose for arnotts for a free stash :) Just saying

Please show me where anyone was abused here?
I certainly haven't seen it.
I mean here in this thread, which I guess Tully was referring to?
I'm sure there may have been abusive things posted in other places of the forum.
It amuses me that people justify bad behaviour with "well other people have said much worse...". It doesn't make it right.

While I don't have the interest or stamina to scroll through the pages and pages and pages of posts, I will use the words that Delcan has chosen to post earlier today as her profile thingy to demonstrate my point:-

GetAttachment (2).jpg

Drew and Tully are not characters in Neighbours. To coin a Rhi Rhi song, Drew and Tully were two people who found love in a hopeless place. A place that played out publicly resulting in online ridicule, harassment and I assume it hurt many people real life people. And then they had a public break up. Anyone who has dabbled even a little in reality surely understands the hurt that comes with a broken love affair.

By Delcan using Tully's real life hurt by announcing this in her public profile, which coincidentally is on display for all to see, in an attempt to publicly ridicule and devalue Tully's feelings in my opinion is mean spirited and it is spiteful. And at its core is the very issue we are talking about.

Words hurt.

I think delcan is being used as the example in this discussion because of not only saying something here but perhaps she has seen delcan follows her and comments on her SM as well ... cross pollination?

I don't follow Tully or ever comment on her SM posts, I only knew about the tweet once @reepbot posted it here.

RIP Charlotte Dawson indeed - an online bully paid to unleash vitriol on a TV show who committed suicide because she was fired from her show, in debt and couldn't deal with her ex-husband.

Truly you guys have given Tully what she wanted - three or four pages all about her. Hook, line and sinker.

This may come as a shock. But YOU don't get to decide what caused Charlotte to kill herself. For you to dismiss the effect the negative online behaviour had on her lacks basic intelligence, compassion and insight.

I don't follow Tully or ever comment on her SM posts, I only knew about the tweet once @reepbot posted it here.
then its a total mystery why you got singled out ... maybe there is another delcan on SM and she's leapt to conclusions ... the same way I have
mea culpa

Woolies have a buy 3 special on arnotts, get around to it, crimmy!

And yes I will happily pose for arnotts for a free stash :) Just saying
does that make us easy? or perhaps just too easy is a nicer way of putting it? .... is there a nice way?

just hand us the choccie biccies!!

then its a total mystery why you got singled out ... maybe there is another delcan on SM and she's leapt to conclusions ... the same way I have
mea culpa

I don't think so, but I didn't take offence, I just thought I would clarify

delcan - maybe its because there's a delcanbbbau twitter handle out there and she has recognised it here from other hm's twitter threads and its stuck - who knows ... if that IS you and I'm assuming it is I'm guessing she's made the connection ... others amongst us may have different handles and don't use the bbbau in them to ID ourselves elsewhere

at any rate - its done ... we've at least had something to get us all riled up and discussing it ... great forum fodder :)

Plus the amount of Hm's pictures not wearing a seat belt. Role models I guess not. :rolleyes:

This may come as a shock. But YOU don't get to decide what caused Charlotte to kill herself. For you to dismiss the effect the negative online behaviour had on her lacks basic intelligence, compassion and insight.
I do not understand comments like she killed herself because she lost a job etc. Yes, maybe she lost her job and other bad things happened, but then to also see nasty things about you on sm and feel like you are being bullied on top of it all would be a final straw for many, and in a moment of complete doubt and complete destruction, a costly decision is all it takes to end it all. That's what I have taken from Charlottes incident. It's sad no matter how you look at it.

at any rate - its done ... we've at least had something to get us all riled up and discussing it ... great forum fodder :)
I cross my heart and hope to die... But I really have missed your balanced posting in here. Ok I also miss all the treats you bring along too ;)

mutual admiration society confirmed ... missed you also

now hand BACK the marshmallows or the kitkats will be gone forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back