Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be a false economy. There will be a quite a few Instamerciallists hitting the trash heap at 30 without a career, savings, superannuation or qualification to fall back on. You'd take a free holiday, but I just can't see it paying off a mortgage.
a lot of young people can't see themselves ever being able to afford a mortage if they want to live in Melbourne / Sydney anyway ... are happy whilst single to share house with others and be a lot more fluid in lifestyle than a lot of us would ever contemplate
I just think we're probably a little guilty of judging others by what we live by ... and past generations probably judge us the same way
(why such big houses, why so many cars, why this why that) ...

I have no idea. Literally the first and only page I read when I came on last night was Tully's tweet about the forum and then it was all on like donkey kong haha.
I decided that I would walk my arse off after my no control over the pringles and thought prob best to avoid being here and log back in midday to a whole lot of pages... I admit the curiosity took over but this is not entertaining in the least, because I'm actually more horrified by it

I decided that I would walk my arse off after my no control over the pringles and thought prob best to avoid being here and log back in midday to a whole lot of pages... I admit the curiosity took over but this is not entertaining in the least, because I'm actually more horrified by it

Horrified by Tully's tweet? Or the reaction to it on here?

I'm like @Insomniac in the sense that the reminder of the HMs reading our posts in this thread has always made me cringe. Not because I think I've ever said anything overly mean about any of them post-house but more the embarrassment factor over some of the dumb stuff I've said or how off base I probably am.

P.s. you're not alone in your Pringles problem. If I have a full tube it needs to be all eaten no questions asked ;)

You know what guys - Tully is right. You do not know anything about the housemates real lives on the outside. You base everything on a few insty posts and tweets. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion and rightly so, but sometimes people in here are downright nasty, petty and self absorbed- and in my opinion, way more attention seeking than any of the housemates.
I also think that Tully was not only just referring to herself , but also supporting some of the other housemates that get bagged relentlessly and often unfairly in here. Some of you really do need to go back and read what you have posted over time. Pot, kettle black.
This is what makes me really sad. I miss you @Jt193 and also @littlebear and @LoveBB, for me you guys brought understanding or your own perspective on hms like tully and gave a balance that I think is needed and by me very much missed.

I'm horrified that tully saw some of the things posted on here and it is very upsetting to read such things about yourself. We can all have opinions but I also think there is an etiquette in doing so too.

Horrified by Tully's tweet? Or the reaction to it on here?
I'm horrified that she saw the opinions about herself on this thread, that she felt so judged and disliked and that she felt people were making comments based on very little that they do know of her. What an awful thing to be confronted by

Reactions: Tee
I'm like @Insomniac in the sense that the reminder of the HMs reading our posts in this thread has always made me cringe. Not because I think I've ever said anything overly mean about any of them post-house but more the embarrassment factor over some of the dumb stuff I've said or how off base I probably am.

P.s. you're not alone in your Pringles problem. If I have a full tube it needs to be all eaten no questions asked ;)
This pretty much sums up, 100%, how I feel about myself on this site if a hm reads what we say. I say so much stupid shit on here that the heaviness of my comments in my mind is nothing, but for someone else it's so much more- it's more humiliating when I think of what I have said in the past too- oh gosh!

You make me feel better about the pringle situation haha. As other have said, once you pop, you cant stop :p

I dont even need a brand - ANY variety potato chip is fair game if within my reach :S

I think delcan is being used as the example in this discussion because of not only saying something here but perhaps she has seen delcan follows her and comments on her SM as well ... cross pollination?

Maybe. But I never thought delcan said anything that mean.

I'm horrified that she saw the opinions about herself on this thread, that she felt so judged and disliked and that she felt people were making comments based on very little that they do know of her. What an awful thing to be confronted by

I guess I can see that point of view, but from my personal perspective I would rather know what people thought of me, like or dislike, and how they judged me rather than not knowing. But I'm a different person from Tully, and Tully has had a bit of a rough time since leaving the Big Brother house so I suppose even our mild snarky comments on here would get to her.

I'll admit first and foremost that I don't really know what's been said about Tully here...especially in more recent times. I have zero interest in what she's doing either positively or negatively and I don't follow her on SM so when I'm catching up on this thread and I see posts about her I usually skim over them. This was even back when the Antics Thread was primarily dedicated to following her and Drew's relationship post-show. I did make a comment the other day after seeing one of her pics that she looked like she was wearing too much fake tan so if that's offended anyone I'm sorry. Other than that I'm not sure what the general vibe has been about her or what comments have been made.

I can see it from both angles here. I don't think anyone here means any of the HMs any malice and I say that based purely on the fact that when I've made a comment here myself it's never been done with any intention of hoping said HM reads it and gets hurt. Honestly that thought has never crossed my mind. I know there are a couple of people here who have taken it further and started attacking HMs directly on SM but I think in general people that post here do so with only the other BBB posters in mind. That's probably a bit careless given we know that some HMs do read and post here, but deep down I don't think 99% of the people here mean any harm. I know for myself personally my care factor for what the majority of the HMs are doing once they leave the house is zero but I still come on here and post sometimes because I enjoy interacting with the people here.

Saying that though I can also acknowledge that reading some of the comments would be hurtful for the past HMs. I cringe sometimes when some of the HMs I like post something that I know is going to ignite a negative reaction in here because I think sometimes the level of criticism and mockery on here goes well above and beyond what is justified based on what the HM posted or said. It's little secret I don't like and have become defensive when I've seen the barrage of mockery levelled at someone like Jade here and I assume it would be the same for posters who were fans of Tully, Tahan, Tim, Skye, or any of the other past HMs that are the most often criticised here.

You can probably take what we feel seeing that and times it by a hundred and you might get close to what the HMs themselves would feel reading it.

At the end of the day I can see why Tully would be upset but I also know that most people here don't mean any harm and Tully probably needs to understand a bit that if you create a certain image over SM that's how people are going to see you.

I probably shouldn't comment about Priya's tweets on the matter.
100% THIS POST!

you're looking at it from the point of view that people on SM are totally clueless about why others use hashtags etc ... surely in this day and age they are not - and if they are they need to wise up

how is it offensive to put those tags in really? ... if you read through some of the comments on any of the photos the HG's post they often get asked where their clothes etc are from ... and the people asking dont read the comments before them ... and the question might have been asked and answered already ... then they criticise the HG for not answering them ... since Tully gets asked a lot about her clothes, sunnies etc she puts the tags up ... and good for her if that means $ in her pocket. Given the opportunity she has with so many followers why the hell not?! surely if she wasn't you'd be wanting to call her an idiot for NOT making hay while the sunshines. And if putting herself / pushing herself forward to keep that sun shining for as long as she can - good for her and any of the others who are doing it!

there is definitely a bit of green-eyed jelly monster happening around here - and its not just Tully that gets targetted but boy people love to get their digs in when they can

at least Tully puts her real name out there and represents herself ... very few of the people who bitch at her on SM do.

why the constant griping about Ryan being rich? where did people get that? AND what business is it of ours anyway? Are you saying rich people don't get to go on BB? My definition of rich will be different to the next person's anyway ... and its always bugged me when it gets down to final 2 or 3 HM's and the talk gets to someone deserving the win more not because they played the BB game better but because they have more need financially ... that's a total BS reason to win BB - if its going to be won that way then all HM's should have to fill in a means test form right at the start and all contestants should be equal ... what a load of BS that would be

<stepping down off soapbox and heading for the choccie biccies>
Crimmy, I freaking love that you are active on this thread again... Love the perspective you have brought to this discussion... Now pass me the choccie biccies ;)

Maybe. But I never thought delcan said anything that mean.

I guess I can see that point of view, but from my personal perspective I would rather know what people thought of me, like or dislike, and how they judged me rather than not knowing. But I'm a different person from Tully, and Tully has had a bit of a rough time since leaving the Big Brother house so I suppose even our mild snarky comments on here would get to her.
I don't follow Delcan on SM and don't read ALL the comments on SM under the HM's photos - and they delete a lot of them anyway
(wish Ed would clean some of the trash talk of his photos at times - he STILL gets idiots asking him about Jade even on photos clearly showing he and his girlfriend! ) so I don;t know why or what caused delcan to be singled out in particular -
I don't know what Tully read / saw and even if it was this thread she was reading it from (but assume it was) ... I guess something annoyed her and she's lashed out at someone who she knows is connected here - and she's got her point across AND noticed

fair call I guess but there are worse people out there on SM saying much worse stuff than any of us express here[DOUBLEPOST=1427421382][/DOUBLEPOST]
Crimmy, I freaking love that you are active on this thread again... Love the perspective you have brought to this discussion... Now pass me the choccie biccies ;)
5 minutes here and you're already stealing my food?? sheesh!!!

I'm not sure what she expects. This isn't the positive support and cheerleading thread for former housemates. This is people who watched the show commenting on the social media posts that housemates choose to share. The posts here are nothing compared to the hate she gets on social media. Why is she making fans a target?

I don't understand why comments made in this thread are horrifying to anyone. Maybe I've seen many more situations in real life that I consider truly horrifying, but Tully having her feelings hurt because someone doesn't like her instagram posts, her career, or her clothing is nowhere close to horrifying in my opinion.

I respect that other people feel differently.

I repeat that no one is claiming to know anything about Tully in real life. Why she would think we are is also confusing to me.

#RIPCharoletteDawson

I have a game we can play - I write the phrases and you guess who said them:

"she's custard flinging batshit crazy"
"fame whore"
"westie scrag"
"suburban fattie"
"sad ugly mole"
"thugs, scum"
"headless gay"
"Actually some people should not be allowed to breed. People who produce these idiots"
"somebody please kill Brian Boy"

This is just the start of it and what was the person's response when confronted about some of their comments? It's humorous and they "couldn't give a rat's ass", "don't give a shit".

RIP Charlotte Dawson indeed - an online bully paid to unleash vitriol on a TV show who committed suicide because she was fired from her show, in debt and couldn't deal with her ex-husband.

Truly you guys have given Tully what she wanted - three or four pages all about her. Hook, line and sinker.

This thread in my minds for the last few months has been on its last legs, delcan is probably the member that is most active on here, that could be why tully called her out....

Now @Tizzie aka cat lover your hypocrisy is something I just wanted everyone to be aware of, you are not innocent, I've seen you post things about Leo and Skye.... Yet you tweet to Tully and Priya making it out that we are all jelly of them. You participated in this thread, you have said some things as well about former HMs...own it!

However in this instance I'm not sure if targeting and mocking @delcan on Twitter with Tully is the best way to make your point. I hate witch hunts...especially when the issue here (if there is even one) is certainly not contained to one poster.
I don't think placing it on delcan was the right course either. It sounds like the issue was with many but to make it personable to one person when tully has a following of many is also causing the issue of others to target delcan and so the cycle goes round and round. no resolution but reason for others to take an upper hand on the situation too. that's not right either imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back