Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

I do like the show, but I think the season is a bit long

They are 75km from the Kruger national park so they must be getting their cheetahs and animals from nearby private game reserves and these places
- Kapama Cheetah Project
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehab. Centre
- Kamahi Reptile Park
http://www.places.co.za/accommodation/forever-resorts-swadini.html

Thankyou for that Lindsay, I'm loving the local perspective you're bringing to this. I had a look on Google Maps and I think I could see the point on the river where they would have done the highwire challenge. There's a little bit of Streetview coverage leading in to the resort as well, which gives a feel for the area at least. Plus a little further down to the left, crossing a bridge across the river. It looks like a very beautiful area.

Thankyou for that. :)

The UK version only goes for 21 days, Im finding it slightly repetitive
I agree but then again I'm ready to hire a plane and be dumped in there so I can dropkick Julia, Chrissie and Disco Josh in the teeth so maybe once they all leave... and Chris chucks Julia over the side of the bridge... my perspective will change.

Thankyou for that Lindsay, I'm loving the local perspective you're bringing to this. I had a look on Google Maps and I think I could see the point on the river where they would have done the highwire challenge. There's a little bit of Streetview coverage leading in to the resort as well, which gives a feel for the area at least. Plus a little further down to the left, crossing a bridge across the river. It looks like a very beautiful area.

Thankyou for that. :)
You are totally welcome,that is a absolutely gorgeous area

I agree but then again I'm ready to hire a plane and be dumped in there so I can dropkick Julia, Chrissie and Disco Josh in the teeth so maybe once they all leave... and Chris chucks Julia over the side of the bridge... my perspective will change.
Really, I totally love Julia, Chrissy and Joel, I find Julia makes me laugh out loud, sometimes she is a bit much but I think she is great none the less. Love Chrissie and Joel together, they are being themselves, and I dont mind the whispering and bitching they do, we would probably do it too

Really, I totally love Julia, Chrissy and Joel, I find Julia makes me laugh out loud, sometimes she is a bit much but I think she is great none the less. Love Chrissie and Joel together, they are being themselves, and I dont mind the whispering and bitching they do, we would probably do it too
I truly don't like them at all on this show! I loved Julia before it. Chrissie... no. And Joel I'd never heard of. But I find the whole Julia/Chris thing so over rehearsed and aimed for kids that I can't handle it. I don't mind the bitching Disco and Chrissie do... I just find them both useless.

I was saying earlier that so many have prayedddddd for Ten and even better Peter Abbott to get their grubby paws on BB again. I'm a Celeb has both and has a live feed for one hour - the majority of it is muted. People mock 9 and 7 for their supposed event/stunt programming in reality tv... look at what happens when these sloths are left to their own devices: They do nothing and people complain how boring the show is. They never do anything unless it's a task; they never say anything. At least anything we're allowed to hear.

I like the idea and I like the celebs overall for the most part with glaring exceptions but this show is boring as batshit. No way should it be on this many days a week. Every time they cross to them they're sitting there doing nothing. Honestly now.... entertainment?

Oh by the way there's a dude in there by the name of Tyson. Just an FYI.

I finally watched 1 episode & all I can say is, I was hoping ebola would somehow get the lot of them.

Some of these no talented wannabes are getting $60,000 per week.

I truly don't like them at all on this show! I loved Julia before it. Chrissie... no. And Joel I'd never heard of. But I find the whole Julia/Chris thing so over rehearsed and aimed for kids that I can't handle it. I don't mind the bitching Disco and Chrissie do... I just find them both useless.

I was saying earlier that so many have prayedddddd for Ten and even better Peter Abbott to get their grubby paws on BB again. I'm a Celeb has both and has a live feed for one hour - the majority of it is muted. People mock 9 and 7 for their supposed event/stunt programming in reality tv... look at what happens when these sloths are left to their own devices: They do nothing and people complain how boring the show is. They never do anything unless it's a task; they never say anything. At least anything we're allowed to hear.

I like the idea and I like the celebs overall for the most part with glaring exceptions but this show is boring as batshit. No way should it be on this many days a week. Every time they cross to them they're sitting there doing nothing. Honestly now.... entertainment?

Oh by the way there's a dude in there by the name of Tyson. Just an FYI.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Just kidding. Couldn't disagree with you more on just about every level of your post.

I love them all.

Chrissie has been a long favourite of mine. I got to know her a little when she lived on the coast, I think she is a great person.

I am the opposite with Julia, I never really appreciated her humour until I got to watch her on the show. There has been a point in every ep so far where she makes me laugh out loud. I love the stupid banter between her and Chris.

I love the developing friendship between Joel and Chrissie, I love watching the interactions between them all and I simply love the show. I never really had feelings either way for say Marcia Brady, Julie the chef, the Bachelorette, or Freddy, Merv and Barry, and I had never even heard of Tyson, Laura and Lauren, but since getting to know them a little through a highly edited show, I have become a firm fan of the lot of them.

Time for you to pick up that remote and make a switch.

I finally watched 1 episode & all I can say is, I was hoping ebola would somehow get the lot of them.

Some of these no talented wannabes are getting $60,000 per week.

Wishing a painful death on a D/E grade celebrity, for merely accepting career opportunities, as a joke never gets old IMHO.

Good to see you back, the forum needs your level of hate, Kaz.

Totally agree.

I am like the biggest gossip Prisus ever put breath into! My PM history would prove that!

It always amuses me when the most gossipy in here become outraged by watching housemates gossip. In my opinion, gossip makes the world a better place, and my favourite aspect of a reality show is being privvy to those conversations that get whispered in corners.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Just kidding. Couldn't disagree with you more on just about every level of your post.

I love them all.

Chrissie has been a long favourite of mine. I got to know her a little when she lived on the coast, I think she is a great person.

I am the opposite with Julia, I never really appreciated her humour until I got to watch her on the show. There has been a point in every ep so far where she makes me laugh out loud. I love the stupid banter between her and Chris.

I love the developing friendship between Joel and Chrissie, I love watching the interactions between them all and I simply love the show. I never really had feelings either way for say Marcia Brady, Julie the chef, the Bachelorette, or Freddy, Merv and Barry, and I had never even heard of Tyson, Laura and Lauren, but since getting to know them a little through a highly edited show, I have become a firm fan of the lot of them.

Time for you to pick up that remote and make a switch.
Disco's cohosted the Circle quite a few times so to me that whole burgeoning relationship as if him and Chrissie have just met each other is as fake as the laughter from the crew at Julia's jokes. But I am firmly a Freddie and to lessor extent Barry and Merv fan. Love Maureen too. Her and Barry were my favourites until Barry got usurped by Freddie and Marcia started to border on inappropriate. I've said more than once that if it were a guy acting like she were, the country would be in an uproar. Still love her though simply because she's a complete loon. Waiting for her to start humping her cot although we probably won't be shown it unfortunately.

I also wait for Tyson to pop up every few episodes like one of the meerkats simply so I can say "he's alive!" (I follow this by saying 'who the f is remembering to vote for him???')

But what I said above ^^^ still stands as it pertains to this forum and was the main point of my post. This would be BB in 2015 if Ten had it and while it'd be better than nothing, it wouldn't be great. They can't even do what they want to on this show if the Fallout guys are to be believed so to think they'd get more leeway or money with BB is not realistic. Mute mute mute mute, oh I wish we could do that. I like this show though. It's not must see tv where I'm excited to watch but depending on what else is on I either watch if first, second or third at night. I still watch it though which is something. :)

Here's something to chuck in the midst of this respect earned vs deserved debate

I disagree that respect should be earned.

I think we should respect. Full stop. If they 'earn' a loss of respect, that's when they need to work to earn respect back again, or to rebuild it. I dont like the ego implied behind the 'you need to EARN my respect' attitude. I know that's 'gone' with the Downton Abbey generation, I think that's sad.

My 2c :)

Oh I have no idea about this Joel and Merv thing, I've been flat out and haven't watched the show in 2 weeks now. :-(

agree...everyone should be respectful and show respect unless given a reason otherwise. Kids have no respect for adults these days because they aren't taught to show respect, the result is a butt load of entitled snots. You can still have respect for someone before you have made up your mind about them, or at least treat them as such, because what is the alternative? That's why people are so rude these days....no respect for anyone else and behaving accordingly. Think of all the rude people in the shops, on the road with road rage, the me me me attitude everyone has. If people were a little more respectful of others (their property, feelings, rights etc) there wouldn't be so many entitled snots, both young and old.

I don't claim to be an expert on the entertainment industry but I think what Dr Chris and Julia are doing is what vaudeville acts did back in the day - where one person played the straight man and the other one garnered all the laughs. Call it shtick if you will.
Just look at Abbott and Costello, the comedy duo.
Abbott was the straight man and Costello got the laughs.
Do we have any team presenters on any program like that? I can't think of any at the moment.

Back