Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

How funny was Freddie, cracking jokes all the way through the spa from hell. As for leaping onto Dr Chris...

They must boil the dung or is it fake? They can grow maggots in sterile controlled conditions but the dung is a serious health risk and no insurance company would cover them.
I have wondered a few times about that, and all the clauses in the contracts, and of course the animals...but I won't the animals.

Actually, I don't reckon its real dung.

Freddy with his mouth shut looks like a LONG ago ex of mine, its freaking me out

Barry is in the wrong. You lay the law down early or not at all. I would choose a wallflower non power bed away from snorers from the start.

If I heard correctly, they've both been captains of sporting teams.....

Barry reverted to type...there are a billion better nerdy ways to get even and he threatened violence. I get the feeling these are 'produced' conflicts though.

I noticed that threat of violence. It sounded deadly serious and intimidating. Far worse than Merv & Joels off-the-cuff comments. But it will be more readily accepted because it's two blokes essentially having a pissing contest, which I agree, is probably partly scripted, in a sense (not literally).

And, Freddie is looking like backing down. It seems he may want to move to Australia and if that happens, likely try to build a media career here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry Hall and violence? Where have I heard that before?

302016-barry-hall.jpg

Oh yeah...

Maureen is adorable. OMG, CARMEL!

Does anyone else suspect the challenges are probably a bit fake? Eating offal is one thing, but dunking your head in elephant dung would be so unhygienic.

I think they are misleading us about the difficulty of the star challenges. Freddie needed to get 3 out of 3 stars... yet when the camera panned back to show the whole scene there were a heap more stars just lying on the ground.

Bobbing for stars where untreated dung would enter your mouth and ears would be one of the most reckless acts of any game show, ever, let alone one containing (used loosely) celebrities. I really don't know if it's been pasteurised to the hilt or just plain fake. The risks in actual dung are bacteria, worms and fungal spores that no OH&S would allow, even after treatment. There are tiny African worms that die and clog the lymphatic system irreversibly. I cannot imagine anyone in the production company taking responsibility for actual dung ingestion. Given that there is no intent to hurt the stars, I think it's all about perceived threat. You just need to make it smelly, and tell a story.

Regarding Bear Grylls eating bear dung, that would be potentially worse, as bears have one of the most parasite riddled digestive tracts on the planet. You would lose more nutrition from the trots than any benefit, and risk bubonic plague. He also squeezed water from elephant dung....but he also disclaims factuality and has used men in bear suits.

I do notice how the contestants use footwear quite religiously. I wonder if that's due to ticks or foot burrowing worms. They seem to wear wetsuit shoes very carefully at times.

Last edited:
Barry reverted to type...there are a billion better nerdy ways to get even and he threatened violence.
So true.

And it is so super unattractive to watch.

Not that I can really hold that stupid macho type of behaviour against him mind, my partner is a boof head who when faced with man on man frustration prefers to use his fists than his words.

Not that he has had a fight in many years, but like Barry, he is a man of few words, and while he will always give a few "just leave it" type warnings, when pushed he punches.

I blame a dysfunctional testosterone/brain cell ratio.

Caught up today.

I am loving this show!!

The more I watch Joel, the more I see Mutley. The similarities are laugh out loud funny to me.

I have fallen completely in love with Freddy. He is just gorgeous!!!!

They are a really great bunch to watch.

Back