Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia - a surprise is coming!

Hey yall'

Just an update regarding the video. It's uploading to YouTube right now how've due to its size it may not be up until later tonight/early tomorrow. In the meantime I will post a bit of a preview vid which will be up by 6:30pm as a little taste of what is to come :)
Apologies for this lengthy delay, but I think it'll be worth it :)
I'm fine with that, it makes it more suspenseful! :nailbiting: Just a tip, YouTube allows you to upload a video and make it private until you wish to make it public. It helps to avoid delays. :)

Hey yall'

Just an update regarding the video. It's uploading to YouTube right now how've due to its size it may not be up until later tonight/early tomorrow. In the meantime I will post a bit of a preview vid which will be up by 6:30pm as a little taste of what is to come :)

There's the copper network doing its' most.

Thanks Tony for scrapping the NBN!

I'd forgotten what the state of internet speeds are in Australia. lol. I've been on fibre for awhile now and recently moved to a new plan with 200Mbit/s upload (and 1Gbit/s download). NEW ZEALAND RULES!!!

:D

I'm fine with that, it makes it more suspenseful! :nailbiting: Just a tip, YouTube allows you to upload a video and make it private until you wish to make it public. It helps to avoid delays. :)

The problem hasn't been the upload (aside from our crap internet infrastructure in Aus). I was only able to export the video today without glitches (or so I thought) in it as I purchased an extra HDD and put all of the files relating to that video on it (all 100+GB of them). Yet I came home this afternoon in the hope the upload would be well near completion to find that the browser had frozen and the video upload failed and upon further discovery there are glitches in the Nine era of the video due to problems in the original captures of the episodes. I'm sorry guys! :(

So I am going to try my best and eliminate these glitches and have the video up in full completed glitch bloody free as soon as possible. I am not going to put a time-frame on this because I have already let you guys down this evening, so its a watch this space kinda of case.

In the meantime here is a preview of what's to come, snippets from the vid set to the BBAU Single track from 2001. (you'll see a glitch in this one too :( )

Apologies again guys! I want it up just as much as you do :(

The problem hasn't been the upload (aside from our crap internet infrastructure in Aus). I was only able to export the video today without glitches (or so I thought) in it as I purchased an extra HDD and put all of the files relating to that video on it (all 100+GB of them). Yet I came home this afternoon in the hope the upload would be well near completion to find that the browser had frozen and the video upload failed and upon further discovery there are glitches in the Nine era of the video due to problems in the original captures of the episodes. I'm sorry guys! :(

So I am going to try my best and eliminate these glitches and have the video up in full completed glitch bloody free as soon as possible. I am not going to put a time-frame on this because I have already let you guys down this evening, so its a watch this space kinda of case.

In the meantime here is a preview of what's to come, snippets from the vid set to the BBAU Single track from 2001. (you'll see a glitch in this one too :( )

Aww! memories! :happy:

Hey yall'

Can't wait to see it, Mr Cleverpants!

:)

Stand by people of the BBBA community! #praiseprisus
HAHAHA! I love this ad, I can't stop laughing at BBs voice, it's great, kind of like a mix of Leon Murray and Nick Colquhoun. It shows a whole variety of the differences and changes that take place every year on the show. It will be a remarkable video!

Last edited:
...there are glitches in the Nine era of the video due to problems in the original captures of the episodes. I'm sorry guys! :(

Great preview - I love these videos you put together and can appreciate the many hours scrubbing thru looking for the pieces.

I feel your pain on the re-encode glitches. I had the same trouble in 2013 with Mornings interviews. A glitch would show up dropping about a second of frames that wasn't apparent in the original. I ended up encoding up to a bloated codec, then re-encoding to the output I wanted. It worked but what a pain. At least they were only 2-3 minute videos. Happened on two Mornings interviews.

Back