Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get Jason - can anyone explain his appeal to me?

Since he left the house I've seen him complain that Priya hasn't answered him quick enough, complain that he's not invited to some stupid Ambi Pur thing, going on about how great his pancakes are, and letting various 'secrets' out to get attention at the expense of his other housemates.
Did we ever find out who had the worst morning breath? Morning breath is morning breath and it's horrible no matter much you like someone.

'I'm unapologetically Indian': Big Brother's Priya reveals the racial backlash since leaving the house and says Australian television needs greater ethnic diversity
By Alicia Vrajlal for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 19:20 AEST, 3 December 2014 | Updated: 19:35 AEST, 3 December 2014

She finished fourth on this year’s season of Big Brother Australia, defeating some of the biggest personalities on the reality show.

And according to 27-year-old Priya Malik, staying true to herself and her cultural identity was a key to her success.

The Adelaide-based school teacher who entered the house wearing traditional Indian attire, said while she has experienced some racial discrimination since leaving the show, a greater sense of cultural diversity in Australian television is essential.

237E22EF00000578-0-image-80_1417592042589.jpg

Proud: Big Brother's Priya Malik says she is proud of her Indian heritage and that Australian television needs more cultural diversity on its screens

‘I think Australian media does need a bit of ethnic diversity considering one in every four Australians are born overseas,’ she told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday from an Ambi Pur event on the Gold Coast.

‘I don’t think we see that very much when we watch TV,’ she said, explaining a true reflection of the nation’s multicultural mix is not always translated onscreen.

As the first housemate to enter the house this season, Priya decided to wear a traditional Indian dress for her onscreen debut.

And through her time on the show she said she was ‘unapologetically Indian’, with the motive to break racial stereotypes.

238A781800000578-0-image-83_1417592106474.jpg

Patriotic: As the first housemate to enter the house this season, Priya decided to wear a traditional Indian dress for her onscreen debut

‘It’s not something I’m going to deny about myself,’ she said of her ethnicity.

‘I think your culture does shape you to a large extent.’

For the reality star who moved to Australia a few years ago with her husband Bhushan, facing racial discrimination after appearing on a national show was not unexpected.

2376CDDC00000578-2858668-image-91_1417592310623.jpg

Taking a stand: Through her time on the show she said she was ‘unapologetically Indian’, with the motive to break racial stereotypes

‘There has been a lot of race based comments on social media,’ she explained of the backlash since leaving the house.

But for the outspoken personality who hopes to return to teaching, looking at the positives and ‘concentrating on the love’ is her main focus.

‘The fact that I came fourth, that speaks for itself that people are very accepting of a person of a different colour on the TV screen.’

23B193FC00000578-2858668-Cultural_reference_Priya_was_promoted_as_Posh_Spice_before_she_e-90_1417592284719.jpg

Cultural reference: Priya was promoted as Posh Spice before she entered the Big Brother house in September

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-greater-ethnic-diversity.html#ixzz3Kpfh1Xod

I think Priya is the first HM to post a comment in that section of their Daily Mail article?:D

Priya Malik, Adelaide, Australia, a day ago

Exactly my point. The fact that I came fourth reveals the immense amount of support that I recieved from the Australian public . I am unapologetically Indian by heritage but in the same vein, I am also unapologetically accepting/embracing of Australian culture. I am through and through a new Australian. It is not about assimilation, it is about integration. And, that's what I have always aimed at.

travisjake_
1 hour ago
My favourite shot for the day :) MASSIV effort for @reallifedave (front row sitting down) to fly up from sydney for the day in his tarzan suit, rocking his famous beard again. #bbau #jungle #dreamworld

10809908_1537681946488699_1571533908_n.jpg

travisjake_
4 hours ago
Get down to @dreamworldau today to say hello to myself @ryanginns and @skye.m.w.y already meeting so many amazing people including this little MASSIV dude! #dreamworld #bigbrother @bbau9

925327_626034194175658_616216703_n.jpg

travisjake_
2 hours ago · Dreamworld Australia
About time BB come to their senses and got the 2 big boys a life guard around the pool! With all the frozen chickens @ryanginns had going on in the backyard im suprised they didnt get onto it a little earlier @bbau9 #bbau #lifeguard #home #deckchairs

10838306_475608975910742_1036995032_n.jpg

tommackay11
1 hour ago · Martin Place, Sydney
The Final Strut! The rigs were out strutting for an amazing cause increasing awareness for AIME (Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience). Let's work together to help AIME reach their goal to have annually 10,000 engaged Indigenous high school students across Australia by 2018! #aimehigh #strutthestreets #finalstrut #budgysmugglers @aimementoring@budgysmuggler #BBAU

10844112_1578518765715624_1578290955_n.jpg

chardlocal
2 hours ago
F-F-F-F-FRIDAY AMIGOS! Not a bad city to be stuck in if you ask me. What's everyone's plan for the weekend? If you look closely you can see me standing next to the red building on the left. ☀️#sydney #friday #weekend #beers #mots regram @monp90

10838709_864589283593256_490233102_n.jpg

She looks like she's about 50 there in that pic.

Needs to tone is down ASAP. I don't think it's her weight, I think it's too much tan and hair.
In some photos she looks much older than 20 and in others she looks very young. What does someone who's 50 look like?

I'm trying to work out what part of the body that is. :confused:

Edit - looks like I wasn't alone on this thought. It looks like an arm with an extra joint. Someone also needs to tell Ed that undies don't go on the upper body.
Er, try it being his singlet.

In some photos she looks much older than 20 and in others she looks very young. What does someone who's 50 look like?
Too much tanning is starting to give her a harsh look and when she cakes on the makeup it just makes it worse. On finale night she looked stunning. She just needs some lessons. And a stylist.

skye.m.w.y
16 hours ago
Hey hey everyone!! Tomorrow, sat and Sunday I will be at dream world! Would love to meet all my biddies so come say hi❤️ love u all so much xxx

10848194_706688452778712_1058085722_n.jpg
Who comes up with the ideas for these poses?
"Skye Skye I've got a great idea for a selfie... paint yourself in dream tan, yeah the same stuff body builders use, stand in front of a white wall so you look darker and I'll take the photo... oh wait here hold this banana, cool perfect!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back