Skip to main content

The Princess Bride Appreciation Society

Inigo Montoya

The New Dread Pirate Roberts.
I can't believe it's taken me this long to start a thread where all Princess Bride fans can come to appreciate one of the greatest films of all time...

grid-cell-1469-1409786670-3.jpg

My LOVE for The Princess Bride started when I was around 5, my Mum taped it off the TV for me (On a VHS tape... remember those?)..... I remember constantly watching it whenever I could.... there was just something about it that captivated me back then and I still enjoy it now, although as a child I could not watch the fire swamp scenes till I was a bit older... Even now the ROUS still freak me out.

What about everyone else? When was the first time you saw the film? How many times have you watched it? I could not tell you how many times I've seen it.... Also what is your favourite character and part of the film.... for me it's pretty obvious that my favourite character is Inigo Montoya and my favourite part of the film is when Inigo get his revenge on the 6 fingered man aka Coutnt Tyrone Rugen.

giphy.gif

OK and discuss!........

Last edited:
I used to watch this as a kid ... over and over and over again.

I used to quote it all the time.

My mother got so angry with me because I would reply to everything she said with "Inconceivable!"

Funny story. I was playing in a table tennis tournament at school.
People thought the way I played was really strange looking, but I still kept winning matches.
And then in the quarter finals I finally met with a good player.
He was beating me 14-2 or something like that. (it was first to 21)
And then, during the next point I said:
"I admit you are better than I am. But I know something you don't know... I am not left handed!"
I then changed to my right hand and slaughtered him.
It was so funny.

Thank you @Inigo Montoya for this excellent thread!

Your true love lives. And you marry another. True Love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage. And that's what she is, the Queen of Refuse. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

Some I had never heard of this movie until I discovered BBB a few years ago and it was discussed a few times.
I couldn't find the dvd anywhere so I bought it online for about $5 last year.
I loved it - it was so funny and sweet.
I'm gonna have to watch it again now.
Thanks Inigo for introducing this awesome movie to me

It's a very entertaining movie, not one dull moment in the whole film. I enjoyed watching the film. The only weak spot was the acting of Mandy Patinkin. But that's a minor quibble in such an outstanding film.

Yes I can, but this is an appreciation thread... Have you not got anything nice to say about Mandy's performance?

I thought he did well in that scene where he was drunk, I thought it was very realistic. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if Mandy employed some 'method acting' for that scene.

I thought his acting was awesome, and I loved how he killed Count Tyrone Rugen.

A couple of years ago when I was teaching year four, I had a few unruly boys in my class, so we would listen to the audio version of the story every time we came in from lunch to calm everyone down. I would pick students to act out the story as we listened. It was so hilarious. The kids loved it. When it was end of term, we watched the movie eating our party food.:happy: Also one of my other half's favourite movies.

I have to admit, the swordfight was my favorite part when I was younger.
Brilliantly done. Hilarious that the two of them were discussing the art of sword fighting throughout the entire duel.
The very first time I watched it, the "I'm not left handed either" part was incredible. Sent chills through my young body.
I have never forgotten that feeling and probably never will.
THE IMPACT!

I have to admit, the swordfight was my favorite part when I was younger.
Brilliantly done. Hilarious that the two of them were discussing the art of sword fighting throughout the entire duel.
The very first time I watched it, the "I'm not left handed either" part was incredible. Sent chills through my young body.
I have never forgotten that feeling and probably never will.
THE IMPACT!

That was a good scene. So many great moments in that movie, but I still like Vertigo better.

To all fans of this movie, I highly recommend that you watch Stardust. That movie is like a trillion times better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486655/

When I sat down to watch it I wasn't expecting much but 20 minutes into it was totally blowing my mind away. It's arguably my favourite Fairy Tale film of all time.

Defecates and then pisses all over TPB for good measure to be brutally honest.

Back