Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, did you move house?! You should move house!

Actually I live next door to a dedicated snake habitat reserve... So I get the odd 'guest' who passes through... The only good thing is there's never any micey's about :)

The bad thing is I'm not a fan of snakey's & tend to shit bricks when I see them - especially when I'm minding my own business cleaning the gutters & there's one in the F&^*ing gutter :eek:

Dang, you guys would have been rowdy AF. Were there any drunk hookups? I bet you @iJake had a lampshade over your head.

You guys ;)

Haha, well I feel like only me and @Trala got really into it, but perhaps that's because I think we were the only people to post "before and after" photos so you could really see the damage :hilarious:

Actually I live next door to a dedicated snake habitat reserve... So I get the odd 'guest' who passes through... The only good thing is there's never any micey's about :)

The bad thing is I'm not a fan of snakey's & tend to shit bricks when I see them - especially when I'm minding my own business cleaning the gutters & there's one in the F&^*ing gutter :eek:

YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE NEAR A SNAKE RESERVE?!

As in YOU BOUGHT / RENTED A HOUSE KNOWING ALL TOO WELL THAT RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW WERE SNAKES?!

AND WHAT KIND OF SNAKE RESERVE LETS THEM GET OUT SO EASILY?!

The lack of fear that you have... I'm
So impressed... You need to be studied ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1417695097][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha, well I feel like only me and @Trala got really into it, but perhaps that's because I think we were the only people to post "before and after" photos so you could really see the damage :hilarious:
Page refs?

As in YOU BOUGHT / RENTED A HOUSE KNOWING ALL TOO WELL THAT RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW WERE SNAKES?!

So impressed... You need to be studied ;)

It's a nature reserve/national park which just happens to be a snake reserve, no one runs it - its a 'safe' place for snakes to live (I think snake catchers let the ones they catch out around here) & yes I chose to build a house here hahahaha....
The land was cheap when I bought it :) (probably coz it is infested with snakes)

This was one a couple of weeks ago when I went to get some herbs from my pot plants.... Very hard to see - I nearly picked it up, until I saw it turn its head toward me, they scare the shit out've me, but I always manage to pluck up the courage to photograph them before running inside & locking everything triple :p

ss2.jpg

I have a few friends that have moved down to Melbourne from Queensland and they like to tell me stories about snakes and it's just... I'm so glad I was born down here. Victoria or at least Melbourne is so "safe" (as in, devoid of snakes just randomly entering your house) compared to other places, and I'm so thankful for that.

So impressed... You need to be studied ;)
Yeah I don't get that either! I'd be the f out of Dodge so quickly if I found out I was living next door to a snake reserve. Or if someone had moved in next to me and started one.

No way man. Just from reading that post I kicked a blanket awhile ago and felt something fall against my calf. I screamed because I was convinced it was a snake and instead it was a water bottle left in the sun room. If I were living next door to snakes - and that had a tendency to escape ffs! - I'd be in big trouble.

Hahahahahahahahah!

Was it your foxtail?!

View attachment 47335

Eewww!

I was cleaning the gutters until I came across this .....

View attachment 47334

Then I just screamed a bit & ran off the end of the roof & down the road

3.gif

Double eeewww!

I have a few friends that have moved down to Melbourne from Queensland and they like to tell me stories about snakes and it's just... I'm so glad I was born down here. Victoria or at least Melbourne is so "safe" (as in, devoid of snakes just randomly entering your house) compared to other places, and I'm so thankful for that.
My ex bf is flying up here in a few weeks then we're going to drive back to his place in Melbs for Xmas & New Year - cant wait, should be fun, I luv Melbourne....

Page 12 of this thread for before photos, and 32 for after pics, aha. Such an embarrassment, I am.
Hahahahahaha brilliant. Professionally white girl wasted.

Wow, @Trala , had no idea you were such a FOX. You be you, girl ;)

It's a nature reserve/national park which just happens to be a snake reserve, no one runs it - its a 'safe' place for snakes to live (I think snake catchers let the ones they catch out around here) & yes I chose to build a house here hahahaha....
The land was cheap when I bought it :) (probably coz it is infested with snakes)

This was one a couple of weeks ago when I went to get some herbs from my pot plants.... Very hard to see - I nearly picked it up, until I saw it turn its head toward me, they scare the shit out've me, but I always manage to pluck up the courage to photograph them before running inside & locking everything triple :p

View attachment 47348
tumblr_n0pynbNjC61sn1s6io2_250.gif

none of that for me ty.

Yeah I don't get that either! I'd be the f out of Dodge so quickly if I found out I was living next door to a snake reserve. Or if someone had moved in next to me and started one.

No way man. Just from reading that post I kicked a blanket awhile ago and felt something fall against my calf. I screamed because I was convinced it was a snake and instead it was a water bottle left in the sun room. If I were living next door to snakes - and that had a tendency to escape ffs! - I'd be in big trouble.
I KNOW! like I stack up on MORTEIN in the warmer months for the sole purpose of attacking the moths that congregate around my balcony window.
Like, I'm sorry for them, and I wish them all the best in the endeavours, but back the fuck away, you know?

Good grief, @Thing I appreciate that you hate them too but GOOD GRIEF I WOULD HAVE MOVED!
You are literally like Chuck Norris to me rn.

Yes, I'm thankful for this and sleep tightly in my bug and pest proof fortress of solitude!

My ex bf is flying up here in a few weeks then we're going to drive back to his place in Melbs for Xmas & New Year - cant wait, should be fun, I luv Melbourne....
So where are you from where they just ALLOW SNAKES TO DO THEY THANG?!

Haaaa, people used to call me Hoods in real life, you're the cutest, Bleach.

Not bad! I was away for a bit and I missed the finale on the night and I was too ashamed to show my face around here... Haha. I Miss this place though.

Good grief, did you move house?! You should move house!

The finale was fun. Initially I thought I had to miss it but plans changed.
I don't know what I miss more... The show or the way the forum is buzzing during the season

View attachment 47348

That would be my worst nightmare, my old (emphasis on old) friend had a pet snake and I stayed over his house and woke up with it right next to me. I am pretty sure I left that house in 2 seconds flat

That would be my worst nightmare, my old (emphasis on old) friend had a pet snake and I stayed over his house and woke up with it right next to me. I am pretty sure I left that house in 2 seconds flat

That reminds me of a family friend of ours. She had a pet snake for years (much to my horror) and when people weren't over she'd just let it roam the house and do its gross snakey thing. Anyway, one day it started to act really weird, and didn't eat its snake food for a few days, and one night our family friend woke up and the snake was lying next to her on her bed, completely straightened out. So, she took it to the vet to ask what was up, and the vet was like, "Oh thank god you brought it in because your snake was measuring you and it would've tried to eat you had you given it a couple more days."

Absolutely disgusting/horrifying, especially after years of having it too. Snakes cannot be trusted!

that would have sent me mental, I can barely handle it if I see them first - but no, if it was like your situation - heart failure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back