Skip to main content

Talk to Timdormer (yes it's really me)

G'day!
First off, yes it's the real Tim Dormer. Just wanted to stop by and say I share your excitement about the new series starting in a few weeks!!

Before I went into the house last year I used to check this forum daily for any news on what to expect...haha I actually found out some big goss (the jade and drew pretend marriage storyline here), that got Alex a bit scared when I told him in lockdown!!

From season 1, I've always loved how interactive Big Brother is and I'm a huge advocate for the role forums like this play in facilitating discussion on the social experiment that is big brother. Anyway just wanted to say I've always been a big fan of your work (even though I hear not all of you were not big fans of mine!) Last year I played the game hard because I knew people like you would be critiquing me! This year I get to watch my favourite show as a fan again and like you, I'll be eagerly hoping for an entertaining series!! Looking forward to watching it with you guys!

As for how much I know about the new season...let's just say I've already been told to keep my mouth shut, (and Alex if you're reading this I promised I'd be good!).

Would love to chat, shoot me your questions about last years or the upcoming series and I'll try give you the juicy bits without getting into trouble!
Tim. X
Thank God your the last original interesting person in the big brother house.

I've heard from Alex himself he is kicking himself that he didn't put penny in from the beginning. I'm guessing the choice was made between skye and penny, and look at the monster skye has become.
It's bloody big brother. The game is to seek the attention of the voters. Childish shenanigans? I'm proud to still have the free-spirited joy of a child, life's too boring otherwise, I'll be doing this when I'm 80.
yeah, fuck off.

Not at all surprised, I love him but I myself dislike him (as many would say of me). I was also surprised Australia didn't warm to mikkaylas raw honesty. I think Priya is the updated version of mikka this year, and I'm glad Australia has given her a go!

IIRC Mikkayla was quite popular in the early weeks of your series. She appeared the underdog against the cool group who kept dodging nominations. But as the series progressed, and most of the original cool group got eliminated, Mikkayla was in a stronger position as her friends (Jade, Sugar Sisters) were still in the house. While Tahan started to look more isolated and became the one who kept being nominated/the underdog. Tahan's popularity went up while Mikkayla.

Aligning herself with the most divisive housemate (Ed) and creating the "boring group" with Jade and Madeline ultimately was her undoing. Then there was the argument that you had with Mikkayla about her not finding Boog funny. Mikkayla came out of that looking bad, while Boog was the main winner in that one with regards to public perception.

Yes I definitley still stay in touch with mikka! We chat on the phone regularly, I am soooooo proud of her to change her life going after her dreams in radio. She is such a talented communicator and I really encouraged her to go for it!

I hands down thought skye was the most deserving to win, that's if you only consider traits of a big brother winner to be entertainment value. But I personally think to be a deserving winner you need to have a bit of heart too, a consideration toward others in your gameplay. Skye is a one woman show with a revolving door of love interests. This bored me after the halfway mark. I also started to question her authenticity, I think this is THE most important quality of a deserving BB winner.

You are so right, Tim... that's why so many Aussies and the world fell in love with you.... You were very strategic, super entertaining, but you also had HEART, compassion and you empathised with others. You were TRANSPARENT! That was evident.

I don't really have a favorite this year coz well for obvious reasons. Especially with Priya, she's seems to have such a dark side, may have strategies and manipulative for the games sake but has NO heart, the compassion she displays to others is so fake that it's almost sickening. However, Travis on the other hand, as dumb and stupid as some people tend to refer to him, at least has a huge heart and it's evident that's why my votes are for him to take BB14.

I love Penny too and would had voted for her all the way is she was an original but I don't believe she has a huge chance in winning bb14.

I don't think there will ever be another Tim! Luv ya!!!

You follow no one on Instagram, thats very Kanye West like.
I don't care for following others coz I like to do my own thing. If people follow me that's their choice, not my motivation. Haha I'm more beyonce than Kanye. Sorry a personal joke between Ben Zabel and me. Once we had an argument about dreams and I said seriously "I'm fucking beyonce". We laugh about it to this day. I think you are mistaking confidence and a healthy ego with arrogance. Theres a difference. One is motivated out of comfortablity with oneself, the other is driven by insecurity. You're talking with the wrong bb winner here.

You are so right, Tim... that's why so many Aussies and the world fell in love with you.... You were very strategic, super entertaining, but you also had HEART, compassion and you empathised with others. You were TRANSPARENT! That was evident.

I don't really have a favorite this year coz well for obvious reasons. Especially with Priya, she's seems to have such a dark side, may have strategies and manipulative for the games sake but has NO heart, the compassion she displays to others is so fake that it's almost sickening. However, Travis on the other hand, as dumb and stupid as some people tend to refer to him, at least has a huge heart and it's evident that's why my votes are for him to take BB14.

I love Penny too and would had voted for her all the way is she was an original but I don't believe she has a huge chance in winning bb14.

I don't think there will ever be another Tim! Luv ya!!!
Agree 100%!! Trav and penny are the only ones who tick all the boxes for me, the other 3 (yes I'm not even counting Lina) are either missing the Heart, Authenticity, Drive or Entertainment value that I believe Travis and Penny provide.

Tim... I really thought you would still love Skye! Just because she think she is going to win doesn't change anything, i thought you like someone who is confident and willing to stand up! Anyways, would be interested your thoughts on who should win from each contestant but try not to be to biased :)
It's not her confidence to win that annoys me! It's her selfish insecurity that drives me nuts. And the constant hair preening.

Back