Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

A little mood lightener. I won a radio contest - it was a "secret sound" comp. Weird thing is.. I got a "vibe" telling me I would win it when it hit over $20K. I won it the morning it was $20, o50 dollars.

The sound was.. spreading butter on a toasted english muffin. Thanks Gold FM on the GC! :D

@Mizzeerie ... would love to talk to you more about your experiences. For some reason I cannot find your post on this thread to reference the points you made. :/

Last edited:
A little mood lightener. I won a radio contest - it was a "secret sound" comp. Weird thing is.. I got a "vibe" telling me I would win it when it hit over $20K. I won it the morning it was $20, o50 dollars.

The sound was.. spreading butter on a toasted english muffin. Thanks Gold FM on the GC! :D
That's amazing!!!
How happy you must have been. I used to love the secret sound comps

Do you work in the wards at hospitals?

On dec 31st 2011. My son was 4 weeks old and I had just come to realise I could not breastfeed him any longer due to not enough supply.
I hadn't slept in days and my anxiety was through the roof. Meanwhile my mum was in a nursing home dying of cancer.
So I went to ER and told them I'm losing the fucking plot and they asked me if I wanted to stay on the mental health ward for respite.
Official diagnosis was post natal depression.
But holy shit! Was that place an eye opener. I was voluntary but some of the people there I really felt for.
I had some really interesting conversations and being there changed me, and the way I saw mental illness. It wAs really sad
Yeah, I work on the wards, it's a pretty confronting place at the best of times, I'm in a public hospital but I always say go private in psych, much better facilities etc. Glad you got the support you needed though!

@Mizzeerie ... would love to talk to you more about your experiences. For some reason I cannot find your post on this thread to reference the points you made. :/
I'm an open book :)

Next thing you'll want my address and TFN. j/k :p

Yeah, I honestly never thought my last name would make an appearance on this board, like I said it did take me aback the first time I saw it even though it thankfully had nothing to do with me. :biggrin:

It's an 'ethno' name so there are some 'famous' people who bear the same surname but none who would be considered noteworthy in the 'anglo sphere'.

Gianoppolous?

View attachment 43714 View attachment 43715
I actually have 2 DENTIST playlists in my phone, and I take huge "over the whole ear" earphones when I go. Always. My dentist approves my taste in music lol.

hahah those playlists are great! i was a dental nurse for three years (DONT HATE ME) and it was awful seeing how anxious patients were, i felt so terrible for them :(! you gotta praise yourself though! alot of people just dont come until its unbearable for them they hate it so much so you are very brave to actually come in and put up with it!

So brave of you to share, and seriously what an amazing attitude to have in regards to it all. You should be so proud you look after yourself and help boost yourself when times get tough :)

You only get positive reaction from me. If anything, the above shows you are a caring, compassionate and intellectual being.

Thank you both for your kind words. To be honest I was surprised I got any response. Mental illness is still so fuckin taboo.

It's surprising in such a gay friendly forum this has been dismissed. For decades gay people have been admonished but us crazy people we are still ostracised. We still can't be honest about who we are and it's not our fuckin fault. We are born this way.

Yet once we tell the truth of who we are we are ignored. fuck it

Thank you both for your kind words. To be honest I was surprised I got any response. Mental illness is still so fuckin taboo.

It's surprising in such a gay friendly forum this has been dismissed. For decades gay people have been admonished but us crazy people we are still ostracised. We still can't be honest about who we are and it's not our fuckin fault. We are born this way.

Yet once we tell the truth of who we are we are ignored. fuck it

I don't see it as "crazy" if anything, I see it as just thinking too much and care about a lot of stuff. Would even say many diagonsed as bi-polar could be considered Empaths and frankly IMO we need more genuinely empathetic people in this world, being heard rather than being considered "crazy" and shut away. YOU are not the problem here Lionheart.. ignorance is.

I had a recurring nightmare every night for a week that I would have a car accident at a specific intersection with a white car. I told my family about it & they laughed it off. The next night the dream didn’t happen. The night after I didn’t even think about it & was at the intersection, I was turning right and waiting in the middle of the road for traffic to stop. The light went red I saw the white car & then I remembered the dream so I remained stationary, the white car was coming towards me but it stopped at the red light so then I commenced to turn, as the white car stopped a motorbike came from behind it & sped up to get through the intersection to beat the red light, but I had commenced my turn – it hit my car. We all survived but the car & bike were stuffed.

Years later I dreamt for 2 weeks that I would be shot in the head, I was a police officer now. Long story short I ended up in a gun battle with 4 armed robbers, it was like slow motion I saw 1 guy point a rifle at me, I had my gun pointed in his direction & could have started shooting but remembered the dream and ducked behind a tree. He fired, the bullet went into a wall behind me, it would have gone through my face.

A year later I had reoccurring dreams of being shot in the chest in a bank & could see this huge hole in my chest – I went on leave, the dream didn’t stop so I resigned, then the dream stopped. That week a bank in the area I worked at was held up by a guy with a cross bow.

3 years later I dreamt I was in a plane crash on a specific date. I was returning home from Uni in Europe flying through Tokyo. I decided to stay an extra day in Tokyo to look around & because the date was the one I dreamt, the flight I was supposed to take caught fire on the runway.

Queue twilight zone music :)

I had a recurring nightmare every night for a week that I would have a car accident at a specific intersection with a white car. I told my family about it & they laughed it off. The next night the dream didn’t happen. The night after I didn’t even think about it & was at the intersection, I was turning right and waiting in the middle of the road for traffic to stop. The light went red I saw the white car & then I remembered the dream so I remained stationary, the white car was coming towards me but it stopped at the red light so then I commenced to turn, as the white car stopped a motorbike came from behind it & sped up to get through the intersection to beat the red light, but I had commenced my turn – it hit my car. We all survived but the car & bike were stuffed.

Years later I dreamt for 2 weeks that I would be shot in the head, I was a police officer now. Long story short I ended up in a gun battle with 4 armed robbers, it was like slow motion I saw 1 guy point a rifle at me, I had my gun pointed in his direction & could have started shooting but remembered the dream and ducked behind a tree. He fired, the bullet went into a wall behind me, it would have gone through my face.

A year later I had reoccurring dreams of being shot in the chest in a bank & could see this huge hole in my chest – I went on leave, the dream didn’t stop so I resigned, then the dream stopped. That week a bank in the area I worked at was held up by a guy with a cross bow.

3 years later I dreamt I was in a plane crash on a specific date. I was returning home from Uni in Europe flying through Tokyo. I decided to stay an extra day in Tokyo to look around & because the date was the one I dreamt, the flight I was supposed to take caught fire on the runway.

Queue twilight zone music :)
Woah, that's cool. And kinda creepy! Speaking of dreams, way back in high school I had a dream where I saw a brick wall with the name "Cory" graffiti'd on it hundreds of times. I thought nothing of it, until the next morning when an assembly was called at school. A student name Cory had died overnight in a car crash.

Woah, that's cool. And kinda creepy! Speaking of dreams, way back in high school I had a dream where I saw a brick wall with the name "Cory" graffiti'd on it hundreds of times. I thought nothing of it, until the next morning when an assembly was called at school. A student name Cory had died overnight in a car crash.
wow, that's such an odd way of finding out before you actually knew. Makes you wonder...

I could've sworn that I posted something "interesting" about myself in here, but it turns out I haven't, and now I'm not really sure what to post haha. How awks for someone who constantly struts around blathering on about how interesting they are!

I could've sworn that I posted something "interesting" about myself in here, but it turns out I haven't, and now I'm not really sure what to post haha. How awks for someone who constantly struts around blathering on about how interesting they are!

You're a flawless bitch so therefore your presence is enough.

have another cone ..... I did & it all makes sense now...

Whatever it was I was thinkin of.... Iv'e forgotten now...

Nothing exciting but I have never seen ET, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, Titanic, Finding Nemo, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and many other movies that could be described as classics.

Nothing exciting but I have never seen ET, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, Titanic, Finding Nemo, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and many other movies that could be described as classics.

Well you can skip on Les Mis all you like ;)

Back