Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

I feel like there's been something like two single evictions this season? A double Eviction isn't exactly MUST SEE this season...

Sadly, with the drop off in the number of shows we are getting this year, without Friday and then no Sunday shows, 9 seems to have given up on BB. They have so much footage, assuming that they actually are still monitoring/filming them 24/7, that they could have put a lot of extra stuff on their GO channel. No consideration for the viewers, who they expect to spend money to vote. NEIN you have to engage with the audience, not LOSE IT. Its like watching a long drawn out divorce, 9 v General Public.

But the Melbourne Cup was on at 3 p.m. in the afternoon, when most people were supposedly working and Big Brother was on at 8 40 p.m. when they expect them to be at home.
It was a public holiday in Victoria. But again, once you take out the Melb Cup, BB won two of the three demos last night.

Exactly.. so even though it beat BB in demos, it wasn't actually competing. Glad you're finally understanding the demos Ted ;)

Are you are still trying to talk this spin up as a GOOD result for BB and 9, bleachy_dude?
Overnight viewers: 578,000
Ranked in total people: #18

Are you are still trying to talk this spin up as a GOOD result for BB and 9, bleachy_dude?
Overnight viewers: 578,000
Ranked in total people: #18

Because I'm starting to think you don't look at the ratings chart to see what even beat it, I'll help you out! :)

1.Melb Cup
2. Melb Cup
3. Melb Cup
4. Seven News
5. Seven News/Today Tonight
6. Nine News
7. Nine News
8. Home and Away
9. Dancing with the Stars
10. Melb Cup
11. ACA
12. ABC News
13. 7:30
14. NCIS
15. Kitchen Cabinet
16. Million Dollar Minute
17. David Attenborough

What you'll see from that is that BB was beat by the second half of Dancing with the Stars and NCIS in its timeslot. Nothing else ahead of it on that list was airing at the same time. Yet it beat both shows in at least two demos, and maybe even in the third for all I know because neither of those two shows rated in the top 5 of 25-54 either. In fact neither of those shows rated in the top 5 of any of the demos. Demos are what networks about. Even unbiased David Knox and other media experts have tried to explain the whole thing yet for some reason there are people in this country still in the stone age thinking overall viewers matter. Overall viewers makes nice headlines but squat else. BB is doing exceptionally well in the demos. The fact that other shows can have a higher # of viewers yet can't even make the top 5 is quite telling.

But there are plenty of Twilight fans that view it over and over,
and will likely support it on TV also, and it is on ABC, so the adds aren't as bad.
There are obsessed Twilight people who actually go and see the movie 10 times just so it gets good stats

Then, there will be a whole new audience, the ones that are aged about 12 now.

Plus a whole lot of people who are curious about the phenom, but have not seen it, plus goths and vampire people.

Dusk to Dawn is the not to be missed if you haven't ever seen it movie.

Yep I cant imagine many people seating through a nearly three hour movie with commercials. Noone watches movies on TV these days unless they are on Foxtel, ad free.

ABC is the ONLY way I'll watch movies on Free To Air. There are NO ads. :bang: :rolleyes:

Either that or DVDs, BluRay or iTunes purchases or rentals. I don't and won't subscribe to Foxtel and their piffling packages.

Please don't laugh at our ratings, but here in New Zealand:

Launch Night 2014 (3 Nov 2014)
Big Brother: 61,790 (4:25pm – 6:00pm)
5th most watched on TV3

Don't have exact ratings for Launch Night 2013 (25 Nov 2013) but it was below 52,000. So, at least it's up I guess. :)

Overall viewers makes nice headlines but squat else. BB is doing exceptionally well in the demos. The fact that other shows can have a higher # of viewers yet can't even make the top 5 is quite telling.

So I take it that Big Brother will definitely be back next year then, because Ch9 are over the moon with the demographics?

Sometimes I wish the demos illustrated ranking WITHIN THAT TIMESLOT.

Sorry for shouting. ;)

So I take it that Big Brother will definitely be back next year then, because Ch9 are over the moon with the demographics?
I imagine they're beyond ecstatic with the demos but there's a lot more involved with them getting the contract from Endemol again than just demos and ratings. Until Endemol decides if it wants BB to return and at what price, it's not up to 9 or any other network.

I imagine they're beyond ecstatic with the demos but there's a lot more involved with them getting the contract from Endemol again than just demos and ratings. Until Endemol decides if it wants BB to return and at what price, it's not up to 9 or any other network.

Does that mean that Endemol are embarrassment with the way Ch9 has presented the show this year?

Does that mean that Endemol are embarrassment with the way Ch9 has presented the show this year?

It could be. Or they could be completely happy with what we're seeing this year + BB's results in the demos so they up the price. Most of the talk this season is about whether Ch 9 is bringing it back but the real decision lays with Endemol and who knows what they're thinking.

If Endemol are reading the facebook page, I'm hoping they'll think twice about letting nine continuing with it. But then, Alex is an Endemol producer, if I'm not mistaken ?

On the scale of things, is BB an expensive show to make and produce?

Wednesday, 5th November 2014 - Daily Show

Overnight viewers: 301,000
Ranked in total people: 5

Demographics:
25-54 #2
18-49 #2
16-39 #1

Wednesday, 5th November 2014 - Daily Show
Broadcast on Go! In all markets except WA.

So the above are Multichannel results

Back