Skip to main content

2014 Ratings Thread

this is all assuming i would care about what would be showing on nine. im not going to be watching 'the block' no matter what channel its on, so i can either be watching ten, seven... or go. but i sure wont be watching nine. right?
maybe they need to get past the idea that all eggs must be in one basket. surely 600k on nine and 400k on go is better than 750k on nine and 50k on go, yeah?
just stick something noteworthy on go and care less about whats happening on nine.
8.30- nine- the block
8.30- nine- walking dead (or similar)
reckon it would be a bad result?

The Aussie channels have always seemingly treated their own multichannels as competition rather than part of the family, and in doing so limited the opportunities they give them. Big Brother could be working so much better for Nine if they weren't afraid of using GO! to let Nine have the show they want to have but use GO! to help give the fans the show they want - even if it's just a weekly "Uncut" episode exclusive to GO!

Thursday, 6th November 2014 - Daily Show

Overnight viewers: 534,000
Ranked in total people: 17

Demographics:
25-54 (not in the top 5)
18-59 #5
16-39 #3

25-54 # 7

Last Thursday consolidated 709,000
+99,000 +16.2% 4th most timeshifted show (Madam Secretary number 1 with 163,000 extra).

So, to further muddy the waters, how is Survivor rating on GO!

Isn't that a large enough show to gauge how well an exclusive show rates on Nine's multichannel ?

Sunday Night cricket - 1,126,000. 2nd overall and top in all demos. I still dont know why we couldnt have had a 1 hour big Brother Sunday show, AFTER the cricket.

Sunday Night cricket - 1,126,000. 2nd overall and top in all demos. I still dont know why we couldnt have had a 1 hour big Brother Sunday show, AFTER the cricket.
Why would they put Big Brother on after the Cricket when sometimes the Cricket can finish way after its advertised time and then hardly anyone would watch it because it's on so late and viewers might have to start work early the next day.

I would rather no Big Brother than a late start time.

Why would they put Big Brother on after the Cricket when sometimes the Cricket can finish way after its advertised time and then hardly anyone would watch it because it's on so late and viewers might have to start work early the next day.

It hasnt stopped them, for the rest of this series :)

Cricket is a sport that you don't when it'll finish. Sometimes it can finish early or finish later than expected.

I don't know what time the Cricket finished on Sunday night, but for example if the schedule time was 10.30pm finish, but didn't finish until 11.15pm. I wouldn't want to stay up that late and wait to watch an hour program when I know I need to get up early the next day.

Last edited:
Monday, 10th November 2014 - Daily Show

Overnight viewers: 636,000
Ranked in total people: #17

Demographics:
25-54 #3
18-49 #3
16-39 #3

Back