Skip to main content

the vape thread

So I watched it... Is it like normal smoking but without the danger? The silly e-cig I bought was just like puffing on a stick with the motions? I will google but feeling v.positive about it thus far! Thank you!

E-cigs are a bit silly, but effective for some. My dad gave me once but it wascompletely pointless as it was so easy to "smoke" it literally all day long, I think he took it back after a few weeks. Vapourisers are far more superior for actually kicking the habit.

Wow !! A Vapers Thread!! Love it!!

I've been using my magic little stick for 10 months now and wish I found it long, long ago!

I'm using an EVOD that came in a starter kit. It's the little refillable tank at the top with the rechargeable battery (x 2). This was $50. I've since bought a few different colours, pink, blue, purple. They look like a lipgloss. Mine has the little heat coil in the centre that you change when it becomes ineffective... About once every few weeks- a month?

Anyways, I have an awesome local bloke who sells all the gear and he distributes to wherever by post. He sells them as 'personal atomisers' and then you buy the juice separate - Nic or no Nic is up to you. I thank him every time I see him, for saving my life.

I have not wanted to smoke a cigarette at any point in the past 10 months. Ever. I'm on 3mg after starting on 6.

The money I've saved is phenomenal... I now spend around 20-30 bucks/ month compared with the same amount / DAY!!!

Even if the tobacco companies or Gov't get their filthy hands on these life saving devices, there will be ways around avoiding their disgraceful taxes and mark ups.

@LoveBB Aww, I'm so happy for you. Sounds like this was a game changer for you.

Ok so confession time.... This may surprise a few people.....

I quit smoking 2 months ago, I was smoking between 6-10 cigs a day and only at home, NOT IN PUBLIC. If on the rare occasion I did smoke in public I felt like people were judging me. Quitting for me was not that hard, I used lozenges for a week to help the cravings, then after that first week I still got craving, I just did not need anything to help with them. The other night was the first time I've drunk without smoking.... I have to admit that was hard....

This vapers thing sounds like it could really help a lot of people stop smoking. If I were smoking more than the 6-10 a day I might of had to use something like Vapers to quit.

Thank you SO much! And for starting this thread! I'm going to order this stuff tonight and once he starts using it, I'll let you know how it goes. He's going to be so excited! :inlove:
I've put 4 or 5 people I work with onto the vaping and all but 1 have stayed with it... Now they tell me they've done the same with their friends and family and so it goes on. Thanks to @marsha brady for raising this thread.

The only unfortunate issue is keeping the whole thing a bit on the quiet. There was a distributor in WA who recently got in the shit for selling the kits or something. He nearly put the kibosh on the whole bloody thing. I'll look for the article...

I quit smoking 2 months ago, I was smoking between 6-10 cigs a day and only at home, NOT IN PUBLIC. If on the rare occasion I did smoke in public I felt like people were judging me. Quitting for me was not that hard, I used lozenges for a week to help the cravings, then after that first week I still got craving, I just did not need anything to help with them. The other night was the first time I've drunk without smoking.... I have to admit that was hard....

This vapers thing sounds like it could really help a lot of people stop smoking. If I were smoking more than the 6-10 a day I might of had to use something like Vapers to quit.
How long did you smoke for @Inigo Montoya ?

Colour me surprised!

Good on your for quitting ;)

About 5 years. Never smoked more than a 2 packs of 25 a week though..... or 50 a week

Yeah I know it was my dirty little secret. Now that I've quit I feel comfortable saying that I was a former smoker.

That's pretty good that you were able to quit seamlessly with just lozenges after 5 years, but I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not that long. Aside from your night of drinking have you ever missed it or come close to relapsing?

Oh yes and add me to the surprised list, next you'll be telling me that Sweetgeek is a smoker!

That's pretty good that you were able to quit seamlessly with just lozenges after 5 years, but I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not that long. Aside from your night of drinking have you ever missed it or come close to relapsing?

Oh yes and add me to the surprised list, next you'll be telling me that Sweetgeek is a smoker!

I'm actually surprised how easy this has been compared to stories that I've heard from other people. I think because my motivation was so strong to quit, it has made it seems easier than I had anticipated.

About a month or so before I quit I did change my smoking behaviuor, like I started having my first smoke later and later in the day.... I would not have a smoke straight after dinner, I would wait 20 minutes or so. I really think that that did help a lot, also my first week of quitting I allowed myself to eat what ever the hell I wanted to, then after that week I went back to my normal diet.
About 2 weeks ago I got some bad news and yeah that made me want to have a smoke real fucking bad, but I just took deep breaths, exhaled slowly, then did something to keep my mind busy and the cravings passed.

Sweetgeek is just too perfect to be a smoker :angelic:

I'm actually surprised how easy this has been compared to stories that I've heard from other people. I think because my motivation was so strong to quit, it has made it seems easier than I had anticipated.

About a month or so before I quit I did change my smoking behaviuor, like I started having my first smoke later and later in the day.... I would not have a smoke straight after dinner, I would wait 20 minutes or so. I really think that that did help a lot, also my first week of quitting I allowed myself to eat what ever the hell I wanted to, then after that week I went back to my normal diet.
About 2 weeks ago I got some bad news and yeah that made me want to have a smoke real fucking bad, but I just took deep breaths, exhaled slowly, then did something to keep my mind busy and the cravings passed.

Sweetgeek is just too perfect to be a smoker :angelic:

I think actually wanting to quit makes a huge difference, as opposed to wanting to want to quit. Well done on not caving though, especially when you had bad news, it'd be so easy to just go back then, I definitely would've. That's a proper commendable effort I'd say.

I think White Cloud is a good option for first-timers.
Start with fling minis and then moving onto a cirrus battery with cartridges.
Then, after that, one might be inclined to move onto some of the other companies with less ciggie-like kits.
White Cloud are situated in the US but deliver to Australia with cheap and fast DHL international delivery.
(takes 4 or 5 days to arrive in WA)

I was a long time smoker and can go long periods without smoking. Though I often feel like a smoker who just isn't smoking. I weaken on social occasions and then stupidly smoke the rest of the packet once my night out is over.

So if I have a lot of events and outings I end up smoking a heap. I have always wished that they sold cigarettes in packs of 5 or 10. less chance of having them left over the next day if I get drunk and and my resolve weakens.

I've only tried one of the dumb nic-less esmokes but have been pondering other options. It would be great to have something that I can have if I want one without having to have a pack.

Last edited:
I was a long time smoker and can go long periods without smoking. Though I often feel like a smoker who just isn't smoking. I weaken on social occasions and then stupidly smoke the rest of the packet once my night out is over.

So if I have a lot of events and outings I end up smoking a heap. I have always wished that they sold cigarettes in packs of 5 or 10. less chance of having them left over the next day if I get drunk and and my resolve weakens.

I've only tried one of the dumb nic-less esmokes but have been pondering other options. It would be great to have something that I can have if I want one without having to have a pack.

Yes! I've always maintained they should sell mini packs, seriously they would be so good for certain occasions. But I suppose there's the risk you just become the worst kind of mooch.

I remember some guy at central station used to just sell singular cigs, for (I think?) $1. See that was so good.

Yes! I've always maintained they should sell mini packs, seriously they would be so good for certain occasions. But I suppose there's the risk you just become the worst kind of mooch.

I remember some guy at central station used to just sell singular cigs, for (I think?) $1. See that was so good.
was he wearing darkglasses and a raincoat Jess?

Back