Skip to main content

the vape thread

i think what the government and the like hate about it is that it so closely resembles smoking, which is ironically what makes it so effective for quitters. its as if they have lost sight of their own goal; to save lives. instead they see it as being so similar to smoking that they cant help but to think of it as simply another form of smoking. cigars, cigarette... e-cigs!

close, it has to satisfy a set of requirements set by a govt sub committee. That Department then decides on 3 factors. The wording is that ecigs have been deemed a "substitute for giving up smoking" As such, it has not undergone sufficient testing. (10 years) That is why we have drama. However I submit that largish tobacco are leaning on the people nudge nudge don't want to be sued say no more.

edit yes marsha they are using the "young kids will try it" as a cover

Definitely the most effective way of quitting, completely illogical that they are being outlawed in NSW. I mean, I do get it to an extent because it is still toxic, but surely the lesser of 2 evils. I don't think they even let you be a badass who vapes in no smoking areas (ie everywhere) anymore.

Definitely the most effective way of quitting, completely illogical that they are being outlawed in NSW. I mean, I do get it to an extent because it is still toxic, but surely the lesser of 2 evils. I don't think they even let you be a badass who vapes in no smoking areas (ie everywhere) anymore.
I was a baddass on a plane. The stewardess said "sir is that a smoking device" I said "no" and that was that!

australia is really trailing the rest of the world.
i do adhere to the same behaviour as smokers though. i dont openly vape someplace that smoking is prohibited, simply because i dont want to give people any justification for more shitty laws.

overseas though, they clearly see a difference:

d94458a6383c23eea41b7ed9925579b9.png

they would be myopic fools to ban vaping. while governments have been slow to do proper studies, the anecdotal evidence is clear; vaping has a higher successful quit rate that any other option, and by a huge margin.
yeah, well...

pretty much.
i order my hardware from vapeking, although there are other aussie sites out there to order from.
something like this is a cheap ($30) startup to test the waters. it has an ego battery, a usb charger, and an atomiser (juice tank). the atty actually uses the new aspire bvc coil, which is a great thing cos it wont expose a new user to some of the old drawbacks (dry hits, burning, gurgling, etc). its also a nice kit because it isnt 'noobish'. if the old man turns out to dig vaping (and i think he will) he wont outgrow this kit next week, but will instead buy a second battery, buy some coil replacements for the atty, order more juice, etc. or maybe get the kit with two batteries and two attys ($50) as he will definitely want another batter and atty is he takes to vaping.
the juice is the hard part. australia forbid juice (juice with nic anyway) being sold from within aus, but they do not forbid it from being shipped in. so you will need to order juice from overseas. the juice is also what might make or break his opinion of vaping right out of the gate. it took me a couple shipments for find a juice i like vaping, and many i tried were not very nice to taste. i use this one mostly (blueberries and custard, yum). a 30ml bottle of max nic juice lasts me about 10-14 days, and i vape pretty hard.
Thank you SO much! And for starting this thread! I'm going to order this stuff tonight and once he starts using it, I'll let you know how it goes. He's going to be so excited! :inlove:

Can I be ignorant? I'm an off and on again smoker. Back on again (to my shame after a year off) but WORSE , so is my husband after 3 years off for him... Lots of stress from work for both of us - we started after making a poor decision to have a cigar after New Year's Eve 2014 and before you know it, we went from 1 cigar, to both back on 10 a day cigarettes. I tried e-cigs and didn't like them (bought from local tobacconist)... Is this what you're meaning or is there a magic bullet I've missed in my journey of champix, patches, gum etc?

Can I be ignorant? I'm an off and on again smoker. Back on again (to my shame after a year off) but WORSE , so is my husband after 3 years off for him... Lots of stress from work for both of us - we started after making a poor decision to have a cigar after New Year's Eve 2014 and before you know it, we went from 1 cigar, to both back on 10 a day cigarettes. I tried e-cigs and didn't like them (bought from local tobacconist)... Is this what you're meaning or is there a magic bullet I've missed in my journey of champix, patches, gum etc?
if you bought them in syd they likely had no nic in them.
if theyre the cig-sized variety, they probably didnt have enough vapour and were too weak to satisfy your craving. i think the majority of vapers (including myself) are using something like this:

he actually vapes from it 5min in.

Last edited:
if you bought them in syd they likely had no nic in them.
if theyre the cig-sized variety, they probably didnt have enough vapour and were too weak to satisfy your craving. i think the majority of vapers (including myself) are using something like this:

he actually vapes from it 5min in.
So I watched it... Is it like normal smoking but without the danger? The silly e-cig I bought was just like puffing on a stick with the motions? I will google but feeling v.positive about it thus far! Thank you!

while its impossible to say with complete honesty that vapor is completely harmless, its generally accepted that its magnitudes less harmful than inhaling smoke.

Back