Skip to main content

the vape thread

marsha brady

tweenie
Awesome site donor
anyone else into vaping? if so, share :joyful:

after smoking for... well, more than two decades... i was finally able to quit cold turkey. i had tried to quit numerous times. patches, lozenges, champix... not a lot of success with any of them.
a simple eGo setup though... yeah, that works. i havent smoked a cigarette since day one with that, and its nearing seven months now.

unfortunately, australia is in the dark ages, and 'they' see vaping as the newest threat to public safety. i have to order my juice from overseas and, ironically, am now considering importing a litre of 200mg nicotine through the post. the upside is that the actual hardware can be bought in aus.

20-odd years of a packet a day to nothing overnight. this works, and anybody that stands in the way of this, tries to outlaw it, or tries to regulate it to the point it becomes nonviable should stand trial for crimes against public health or ran out of office.

so my initial setup were cigalikes (the small, cig-sized e-cigs). they werent that great, and i dont recommend them. i then moved to an ego/ce4 setup which was much better! my current kit is a variable voltage evod batter with an aspire nautilus mini, and its a great setup. i highly recommend this as the starting point for anyone looking to get into vaping. starting cost: less than $100. ongoing cost is about $50 a month. its sure cheaper than smoking!

am i the only vaper on bbba?

My parents have been doing it for months now, and haven't purchased a cigarette since. We've been recommending it to anyone looking to quit. It's a great thing to have, but yeah, I won't be surprised if they're soon banned. You can buy the flavors at stores that sell them. There's one in the city here in Adelaide, but a lot of them are sent here from overseas.

I used one to give up cigarettes, now I have given up the vape so yes they are a godsend to people stuck with that habit. :)

Silly fucking govt. is sticking pins in healthy dolls again.

All power to you vapers

I'll have to look into this! My father in law has tried everything under the sun to quit and nothing's worked. It's sad because he desperately wants to but every time he tries he becomes so snappy and feral that he feels guilty about how he's acting, so he starts up again.

@marsha brady do I just Google the things you mentioned in your OP and order them online?

I'll have to look into this! My father in law has tried everything under the sun to quit and nothing's worked. It's sad because he desperately wants to but every time he tries he becomes so snappy and feral that he feels guilty about how he's acting, so he starts up again.

@marsha brady do I just Google the things you mentioned in your OP and order them online?
I can send you the websites will give you an idea if you like? Can post them here I think?

@Mrs Butterface I have had many friends do it this way with a low failure rate (we are talking like keef volume smokers lol) Those people sell the hardware but no nic in their juice. (It's Illegal in some states) it can be sourced easily whilst staying within the law.

They could have thought of a better name.

Can't hear people saying, I have to get some juice whore.
Yeah well I just got one from the states originally and that mob was recommended. A friend said "Oh just go to juicewhore.com.au and I said WHAT??? However, you don't forget it, do you?

Why is it illegal?
It's complicated...I could spend 2 hours explaining it (including influences by certain vested interests *cough* on govt departments) and still you would be in the dark. give it a google and read between the lines.

hint BIG TOBACCO

spoiler lol

It's complicated...I could spend 2 hours explaining it (including influences by certain vested interests *cough* on govt departments) and still you would be in the dark. give it a google and read between the lines.

hint BIG TOBACCO

spoiler lol
I see:writing:

My parents have been doing it for months now, and haven't purchased a cigarette since. We've been recommending it to anyone looking to quit. It's a great thing to have, but yeah, I won't be surprised if they're soon banned. You can buy the flavors at stores that sell them. There's one in the city here in Adelaide, but a lot of them are sent here from overseas.
they would be myopic fools to ban vaping. while governments have been slow to do proper studies, the anecdotal evidence is clear; vaping has a higher successful quit rate that any other option, and by a huge margin.
thought this was about weed vapes
yeah, well...

pretty much.
i order my hardware from vapeking, although there are other aussie sites out there to order from.
something like this is a cheap ($30) startup to test the waters. it has an ego battery, a usb charger, and an atomiser (juice tank). the atty actually uses the new aspire bvc coil, which is a great thing cos it wont expose a new user to some of the old drawbacks (dry hits, burning, gurgling, etc). its also a nice kit because it isnt 'noobish'. if the old man turns out to dig vaping (and i think he will) he wont outgrow this kit next week, but will instead buy a second battery, buy some coil replacements for the atty, order more juice, etc. or maybe get the kit with two batteries and two attys ($50) as he will definitely want another batter and atty is he takes to vaping.
the juice is the hard part. australia forbid juice (juice with nic anyway) being sold from within aus, but they do not forbid it from being shipped in. so you will need to order juice from overseas. the juice is also what might make or break his opinion of vaping right out of the gate. it took me a couple shipments for find a juice i like vaping, and many i tried were not very nice to taste. i use this one mostly (blueberries and custard, yum). a 30ml bottle of max nic juice lasts me about 10-14 days, and i vape pretty hard.

What marsha said,,however you can get juice here with nic if you look. Oh and the one I used was Baileys Irish Cream. :)

Its not that the govt is MAD to ban it ...gawd wake up and smell the BIG tobacco, leaning on the applicable quango.

its not illegal, per se. its not legal to sell the nicotine juice from within aus. why? nanny state.
as far as big tobacco goes, they are late to the party. they arent an actual factor because they dont even deal in the sort of vaping gear like this. they simply bought some small cigalike companies to hedge their bets and now promote them (overseas). one example of big tobacco in e-cigs is blu.

its not illegal, per se. its not legal to sell the nicotine juice from within aus. why? nanny state.
as far as big tobacco goes, they are late to the party. they arent an actual factor because they dont even deal in the sort of vaping gear like this. they simply bought some small cigalike companies to hedge their bets and now promote them (overseas). one example of big tobacco in e-cigs is blu.
we will agree to disagree, I have been all over this like a fat kid on a smartie, I wrote an application for a vendor (who wanted to challenge this). However it is Saturday, and politics don't matter, this shit saves lives, that is the news. :)

Bong on!

Back