Skip to main content

Ben (2013) is back...Tuesday

No wait...

does anyone believe the shit he's selling?

I'm trying to be all normal about this but this is pushing my fucking LIMITS

I'm ready to go off and it's like this bloody weasel wins again

Email/Insta/fb/tweet so i get back in the house

FUCK YOU... you left for a reason!!

What do you guys think about his talking about anxiety and depression? I felt that was honest. I was hoping he might help some people. Hard to tell how it comes across in Australia.

I find it to be very calculating and part of a schitck. It's part of his manufactured character. "Yeah I suffer from depression and anxiety and I'm on 4 medications *lists off medication in comedic sequence*. Not once does he mention THERAPY. I don't find it positive for raising awareness on mental health. I don't find it negative, but I doubt his way of putting it across is helping people.

Thank you @huwman. Same as we saw in the post BB thread at the time he posted it and it was like yeah sure, just like Caleb wants to be on The Block (at first with Matt) but when that friendship soured, he wanted to go alone

Did they ever keep in contact with anyone from last year.

Caleb want to be a TV whore, but he is too stupid & dumb looking.

Do you know why the bromance died.

Also my friends overseas who pumped in hundreds of dollars each week last year voting but aren't now with no LFs

went out and figured out how to get a VPN so they could watch BB on Jump In as soon as the Tim episodes aired

haven't watched episodes before or since although I wish they would so I could get some Leo cash

who in their right mind would make an effort to watch BEN?

Fuck off

such a fucking joke

give me Jade or Tahan... they lasted, they deserve it

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Did they ever keep in contact with anyone from last year.

Caleb want to be a TV whore, but he is too stupid & dumb looking.

Do you know why the bromance died.

From what we could gather from Matt's tweets and whatnot, Caleb overstayed his welcome on Matt's couch. Basically moved in and wanted to party it up while Matt had his own real life with his gf, dealing with Centrelink and hunting down Muslims apparentlyto deal with. That bromance died very quickly after BB.

From what we could gather from Matt's tweets and whatnot, Caleb overstayed his welcome on Matt's couch. Basically moved in and wanted to party it up while Matt had his own real life with his gf, dealing with Centrelink and hunting down Muslims apparentlyto deal with. That bromance died very quickly after BB.

Didn't Caleb over stay his welcome at Layla's place too? What a freeloader haha. Idiots the 3 of them though.

You know, I've just decided oh well, whatever. If they want to bring this dude back, so be it.

Remembering what Tim (the HM, not the reporter on the forum) said and now what Alex did

I'm not the target demo so it's all good
Also my friends overseas who pumped in hundreds of dollars each week last year voting but aren't now with no LFs

went out and figured out how to get a VPN so they could watch BB on Jump In as soon as the Tim episodes aired

haven't watched episodes before or since although I wish they would so I could get some Leo cash

who in their right mind would make an effort to watch BEN?

Fuck off

such a fucking joke

give me Jade or Tahan... they lasted, they deserve it

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I bet they will be on in coming weeks. They might even put Tully in. I could see a former housemate going in every couple of weeks.

What do you guys think about his talking about anxiety and depression? I felt that was honest. I was hoping he might help some people. Hard to tell how it comes across in Australia.

I honestly don't know what to think about it. If he manages to help people then that's brilliant.

But my sceptical side can't help thinking that although he supposedly has anxiety and depression, he is willing and able to perform stand-up comedy, appear on a reality TV show, and is hoping to co-star in a new road trip documentary. As someone with bipolar disorder, I know all that adds up to a big fucking deal for someone with anxiety and depression.

Either he's doing it all because:
a) it helps him to improve/challenge his mental disorder
b) his problems are not quite as severe as he would like us to believe
or c) he's hoping to make a shitload of cash

Hope it's just me being a curmudgeon...

Thanks for that.

I read about Matt protesting about a Mosque that could be built at Maroochydore.

I always got the vibe about Matt, if it's not white isn't not right.

IMO: I don't think he approves the gay community either.

But you know me, I love a conspiracy.

Don't Nine love bringing back past contestants? I don't watch The Block but doesn't that keep happening? I wish BB was exempt from all of Nine's "typical behaviour" you know?

Last edited:
If they send Reggie in we know BB has jumped the shark.

Isn't she due another story about her.

Expecting backlash from the Reggie lovers.

If they send Reggie in we know BB has jumped the shark.

Isn't she due another story about her.

Expecting backlash from the Reggie lovers.

Well she does seem to be on ACA once a year, so, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch!

How awkward will it be next year (hahahahaha, next year) when none of this year's housemates are invited back for an appearance (they should totally invite Priya back though, and give her her own spin-off show.)

You could give them a pass for Tim, but to send Ben into the house is super fricking lame.

I don't think there has ever been a bigger bunch of famewhores from one season of any reality program I've ever watched that could top BB 2013. It's like someone convinced them en masse that it's acceptable to Instagram for a living and sell your soul to the devil daily.

I find it to be very calculating and part of a schitck. It's part of his manufactured character. "Yeah I suffer from depression and anxiety and I'm on 4 medications *lists off medication in comedic sequence*. Not once does he mention THERAPY. I don't find it positive for raising awareness on mental health. I don't find it negative, but I doubt his way of putting it across is helping people.
I agree and I'm not altogether convinced he has mental health issues. Like redbull said, it seems like part of a schtick. If it is he is potentially damaging mental health awareness, not helping it. If it is schtick then it's a bastard act. Mental health is a hard enough issue for people to deal with without someone like Ben using it to pull in unwarranted sympathy based attention. We know he's "embellished" his other issues, I can't see why he wouldn't have embellished this one. He uses his mother as part of his act, he uses his nan, he lied about why he was fired, he completely omitted his standup comedy history, I don't think he'd have any problem using mental health.

I just found out that Michael Beveridge finished his breakfast radio gig yesterday. Now he's free I guess he'll be in the house in the next week or two.

Back