Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

Their attempt at adding a remixed/autotune "This Is Big Brother" voice to the start of the theme song in tonight's episode was laughable!
Please don't laugh at me but I actually liked it. Actually, I liked the tonights whole intro package! :thumbsup:

Can we talk about the audio in general?

Just a query to others, does anybody else find the HMs voices much softer than the rest of the show, MUCH softer than Mike G and the music? I'm finding I have to have the rest of the show too loud just to discern what the HMs say?

Their attempt at adding a remixed/autotune "This Is Big Brother" voice to the start of the theme song in tonight's episode was laughable!

I'm 99% sure that was a mistake and Leon was hesitating because he realised we could still hear him. So he went "This is.......................................... Big Brother" and that's what made it sound remixed. I guess we'll have to wait till the next live show to know for sure, but that's my opinion as someone who downloads it and watches with headphones (very different to watching it on TV). :)

What needs more scrutiny is the hatchet job they made of the titles. Nice that they're making the effort to colour-code them again but the red looked like a Windows Movie Maker effect and they clearly used the (existing) red break sting to get in and out of the titles... I guess whoever updated them wasn't up to masking out the eye and the text.

So the colour-coded titles will have an inconsistent start:

ick.png

And a weird "jump" where they cut back to the break sting at the end. Heck, the colour-coded titles don't even fill the entire screen (black pillarboxes). Like, this is all stuff that will only bother the nerdiest people (possibly just me :bag:) but it does show BBAU's typical lack of attention to detail. :ninja:

P.S. Why red for Monday Night Live? What colour will evictions be?

I'm 99% sure that was a mistake and Leon was hesitating because he realised we could still hear him. So he went "This is.......................................... Big Brother" and that's what made it sound remixed. I guess we'll have to wait till the next live show to know for sure, but that's my opinion as someone who downloads it and watches with headphones (very different to watching it on TV). :)

What needs more scrutiny is the hatchet job they made of the titles. Nice that they're making the effort to colour-code them again but the red looked like a Windows Movie Maker effect and they clearly used the (existing) red break sting to get in and out of the titles... I guess whoever updated them wasn't up to masking out the eye and the text.

So the colour-coded titles will have an inconsistent start:

View attachment 41614

And a weird "jump" where they cut back to the break sting at the end. Heck, the colour-coded titles don't even fill the entire screen (black pillarboxes). Like, this is all stuff that will only bother the nerdiest people (possibly just me :bag:) but it does show BBAU's typical lack of attention to detail. :ninja:

agree with everything said.

[2] what MJL said, I think that was a stuff up

I just assumed they stuffed up as it was a live show and Big Brother was addressing the other HM's in the lounge, and it was mistakenly fed to us as well.

The choice of red is stupid as the only colours 'taken' would have been blue for Daily Shows and red for Evictions - sticking to the original pallet they had pink, orange and green to choose from for MNL. :/

Last edited:
How hard would it be to implement this for 2014:

They're already using a red for MNL (which I'd change to orange) and blue for the 2-part launch, and for the most part purple for daily shows. But if each titlecard had the name of the show on it (except daily shows) then there wouldn't be that temptation to use the wrong colour! :D:devil:

bbau9---2013---TitlecardModified---C---ColourCoded.jpg

How hard would it be to implement this for 2014:

They're already using a red for MNL (which I'd change to orange) and blue for the 2-part launch, and for the most part purple for daily shows. But if each titlecard had the name of the show on it (except daily shows) then there wouldn't be that temptation to use the wrong colour! :D:devil:

View attachment 41622
Love you.

The titles were slighty different for evictions vs daily shows - it had a computer-generated crowd scene cheering with matching sounds

Hey Mistercat122, I can't seem to listen to it... It says it's private... I'd love to hear it though!

Back