Skip to main content

Surly to return as a parrot?

I'm betting on a flamingo to replace Surly.
Omg. A talking one of those fake plastic flamingos would be amazing. If they could do more than just stand there, would be so funny. I would love to have something like that to talk to kids through on Halloween. How hilarious.

I think it will be a parrot though. At least they talk.

First task for this years housemates -

1. Catch the parrot.
2. Kill the parrot.
3. Throw the dead parrot over the fence like Tahan did with Tim's jacket last year.

Just hope that BB doesn't resurrect the parrot like BB did Surley in 2013 (was it 3 or 4 times this happened in 2013)

2812315065.png

this, in the parlour?
Also looks like there is a yellow cable under it.

Not the biggest fan of Surly, but I knew he'd be back in some form - he's popular with children, I suppose. I'm glad they've changed him into something a little less stupid than a talking drain that has the image of a fish superimposed onto it post-production at least.

I still think they should have turned him into a talking toilet last year, say that he died and was flushed down, and now his spirit inhabits the bowl.

Having him reincarnated as a parrot for this season would have made more sense if he was shown to be dead last season, though it looks like this parrot will be presented as a completely different character.

I agree. Surly was lame, but I'm not against the concept if it was handled right and was actually FUNNY. The Surly voice killed it for me.

A talking toilet would be great - each evicted housemate could be accompanied by a *FLUSH* signifying the end of their brief attempt at fame.

I enjoyed Surley in 2012 when it was used in boring lulls in the show and it made for good television (Zoe's task), but last year is was just overdone and tried to hard to create storylines where there didn't need to be.

In Surlys defense, he was the only one who could get Jade to stop following Ed for a day. How hilarious was it when Ed didn't even notice that Jade was ignoring him and all she did was talk about him.

In Surlys defense, he was the only one who could get Jade to stop following Ed for a day. How hilarious was it when Ed didn't even notice that Jade was ignoring him and all she did was talk about him.

tumblr_mqpyhsLvDy1sct1vao1_500.gif

Seriously though I hate the talking animal thing. It's so cringeworthy. Cringe. Cringe. Cringe. Big Brother is not a little kid show at all and that demographic shouldn't be awake at 8.40 on a school night. I can't stand Surly for a third time (in parrot form, any kind of form really). One season is ok but to continue this for a third year??? Haven't we grown up from this and anyway the housemates know to expect a Surly character. It's boring. :(
It's so cringe worthy! Agree with your post so much! It feels like big brother meets alice in wonderland and not in a good way. I want the whole surly concept dead. focus on the hms, we barely know them as it is!

I think it'll be more like Davina McCaw the Parrot in BBUK2010, which repeated back bitchy phrases other housemates said about each other.

Back