Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

rachael92

Went back a few pages and I couldn't see a GOT thread.
Any other addicts here? I have recently gotten some work friends and my mum addicted too.

I'm working my way through the books :)

Oh! Me too! I actually thought about starting a thread up about GoT earlier today because I couldn't see one and wondered how many others on BBAU watch it/have read the books or both. I have seen references to it on threads in here and Sparrow (a fellow Tim enthusiast) has Daenerys as her avatar. :D

I read the books back in 2004 and got my family and friends to read them, they impressed me that much. I am loving the TV series as they have cast everyone brilliantly and don't mind the adaptations they've had to make at all.

My 2 favourite characters are Dany and Tyrion. I just love them.

I was totally gob-smacked by the final scenes of the latest episode....WOW! :D I've never looked forward to Monday's or a tv show so much....EVER. Heheh. :wideyed::nailbiting:

Another fan of the TV show here! I've tried reading the books but as I'm not a huge fan of high fantasy I found myself skipping the characters/chapter I didn't like so gave up. I know I'm terrible but I was the same with Lord of the Rings.

From what I gather on the interwebs what we saw of the white walkers isn't exactly book canon? Glad for the moment it gives though.

Hopefully Jon will rescue Summer and Ghost and I guess Bran and friends as well.

Just pulling up a chair in here. Bit of a tragic but am sorry I read the books between last season and this one, makes me impatient. And I miss "my sun and stars".

Me too!
Only recently caught up on the first 3 series on a GoT binge weekend and now have to exist on only one episode a week. :(

Working my way through the books too.

Another fan of the TV show here! I've tried reading the books but as I'm not a huge fan of high fantasy I found myself skipping the characters/chapter I didn't like so gave up. I know I'm terrible but I was the same with Lord of the Rings.

From what I gather on the interwebs what we saw of the white walkers isn't exactly book canon? Glad for the moment it gives though.

Hopefully Jon will rescue Summer and Ghost and I guess Bran and friends as well.

Nah, you're not terrible at all, fantasy isn't everyone's cup of tea and I did struggle with LoTR and the Hobbit books myself (love the movies though and I swoon over Legolas...).

Not sure what to make of the "Others" reveal in this episode except I loved it! We have scant information about them except for hints from GGRM that they're intelligent, elegant beings...pale and taller than men and even beautiful perhaps? Not sure the creature at the end of the episode tallies with that description but it did seem elegant and tall and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. :confused: One thing that stood out to me was that the baby seemed to calm down and almost smile at the being. I found that interesting.

I actually loved it that for the first time I was truly shocked by something I had no knowledge of...being a "bookwalker" I sort of envied the "Unsullied" (non-book readers heh) coming upon all the twists and turns without knowing. For once I was in their shoes and it was cool. :D

I'm not sure how the Jon/Bran/Bran's company and Direwolves scenario will resolve itself as this is quite a major deviation from the books..so I have no clue how that will pan out. All fascinating stuff though.

Nah, you're not terrible at all, fantasy isn't everyone's cup of tea and I did struggle with LoTR and the Hobbit books myself (love the movies though and I swoon over Legolas...).

Not sure what to make of the "Others" reveal in this episode except I loved it! We have scant information about them except for hints from GGRM that they're intelligent, elegant beings...pale and taller than men and even beautiful perhaps? Not sure the creature at the end of the episode tallies with that description but it did seem elegant and tall and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. :confused: One thing that stood out to me was that the baby seemed to calm down and almost smile at the being. I found that interesting.

I actually loved it that for the first time I was truly shocked by something I had no knowledge of...being a "bookwalker" I sort of envied the "Unsullied" (non-book readers heh) coming upon all the twists and turns without knowing. For once I was in their shoes and it was cool. :D

I'm not sure how the Jon/Bran/Bran's company and Direwolves scenario will resolve itself as this is quite a major deviation from the books..so I have no clue how that will pan out. All fascinating stuff though.

Yeah I took the whole baby scene as them making the child into one of them which suggests they're recruiting/expanding their ranks for a full on assault, hopefully against Danny's dragons (ice and fire!) when she finally reaches westeros. However I'm sure GRRM will kill her off before she ever reaches the iron throne. :p

I'm really hoping we see a certain stone hearted bitch soon.

I didn't read the books, and generally I prefer to do that first, but am enjoying watching the series without thinking I know whats coming next. I love Danny and Tyrion... Lynn-ann we seem to agree on characters in every show. We both love Tim Dormer. Both love Legolas for LOTR. And now we've chosen the same 2 characters in this one. And I sure hope Consuelas opinion isn't what happens. Our dragons haven't even grown up yet, still just babies really. I wanna see Danny kick lots more butt. Don't want her or the dragons to die...I loved that white walker scene and feel a lot better about the baby now, he really did seem to become relaxed and happy with his new ice blue eyes. Very interesting. Those poor direwolves, life isn't turning out too well for most of them. I hope Jon gets there in time to save those two, and his brother too of course... And as for Crasters daughters. What a nightmare their lives have been, and to think it could get so much worse...And the worst thing is, there is probably no happy ending for anybody. Geez, look at the Stark family, whats left of it...I LOVE Sean Bean. I miss him. And my sun and stars.

Oh, I LOVE GoT! I haven't read the books, either, but will probably give them a go once the show is over. (Awful, awful thought! Never finish GoT!) I'm really enjoying all the surprises that just leave me completely gobsmacked, like the red wedding, and of course, the purple wedding. How satisfying was that?

Oh, and I too love Sean Bean. I wish there was a way to resurrect my sun and stars, too. I love me a bit of eye candy :p

Purple Wedding was the best! I haven't read the books, but I have done some Wikipedia "research" but even though I knew Joffrey was going to die, it still blew me away. I love the Starks, Tyrion and Hodor. I love how my thoughts on a character can change completely between episodes - Jamie Lannister is the perfect example.

Out of interest, does anyone know how old Tommen is supposed to be? Finding the interactions a little creepy there

Reactions: Jam
I didn't read the books, and generally I prefer to do that first, but am enjoying watching the series without thinking I know whats coming next. I love Danny and Tyrion... Lynn-ann we seem to agree on characters in every show. We both love Tim Dormer. Both love Legolas for LOTR. And now we've chosen the same 2 characters in this one. And I sure hope Consuelas opinion isn't what happens. Our dragons haven't even grown up yet, still just babies really. I wanna see Danny kick lots more butt. Don't want her or the dragons to die...I loved that white walker scene and feel a lot better about the baby now, he really did seem to become relaxed and happy with his new ice blue eyes. Very interesting. Those poor direwolves, life isn't turning out too well for most of them. I hope Jon gets there in time to save those two, and his brother too of course... And as for Crasters daughters. What a nightmare their lives have been, and to think it could get so much worse...And the worst thing is, there is probably no happy ending for anybody. Geez, look at the Stark family, whats left of it...I LOVE Sean Bean. I miss him. And my sun and stars.

We do have similar tastes in our likes, that's for sure (might I add, good taste, ;)at that heh)

I certainly hope Consuela hasn't turned "prophet" on us where Dany is concerned and that the Mother of Dragons lives long and accomplishes much butt-kicking. I got goose bumps when she was surveying the city of Mereen from on high. :D

I totally agree about the Starks...their family and dire-wolves have certainly been ravaged. I was dreading the scene where Ned Stark is executed...when I read the books I was so shocked that a major character could be killed off I've fretted over my favourites ever since (and still do) LOL.

I love dear Sean Bean too...one of the most harrowing moments for me in a movie was poor old Boromir copping it. I was a blubbering mess. I also became a blubbering mess when Dany came across Khal Drogo and her little son in the tent. :bawling:

Reactions: Jam
Purple Wedding was the best! I haven't read the books, but I have done some Wikipedia "research" but even though I knew Joffrey was going to die, it still blew me away. I love the Starks, Tyrion and Hodor. I love how my thoughts on a character can change completely between episodes - Jamie Lannister is the perfect example.

Out of interest, does anyone know how old Tommen is supposed to be? Finding the interactions a little creepy there

I want those creeps that were tormenting dear Hodor to die agonising, hideous deaths. :mad:

Reading the books I kept trying to resist George Martin's attempts to redeem Jaime Lannister in my eyes but I seriously do love the guy now. He suffered a set back last week because of that scene portrayal with Cersei but the scenes last night between he and Brienne just melted my heart.

I think Tommen in the latest books is possibly about 8 years old roughly but he's obviously anywhere between 13-15 years old in the show. I agree it was a bit disconcerting watching the Margaery/Tommen scene. It's a fine line....

I want those creeps that were tormenting dear Hodor to die agonising, hideous deaths. :mad:

Reading the books I kept trying to resist George Martin's attempts to redeem Jaime Lannister in my eyes but I seriously do love the guy now. He suffered a set back last week because of that scene portrayal with Cersei but the scenes last night between he and Brienne just melted my heart.

I think Tommen in the latest books is possibly about 8 years old roughly but he's obviously anywhere between 13-15 years old in the show. I agree it was a bit disconcerting watching the Margaery/Tommen scene. It's a fine line....

Hodor is a beautiful soul. I hated that scene where he was tormented.

I love Jamie and Brienne together - can't wait to see Brienne and Pod's adventure.

Poor Tommen. But at least Joffrey is gone :)

I love how my feelings about characters change too, though Tyrion and Dany I seem to like all the time. And Jon Snow, gorgeous!

I really don't know why Brienne likes Jamie. Surely she knows the rumours are true? Seems like that'd be a pretty big turn off. O_O As for Margaery I'm kinda hoping she does get with Tommen as he actually seems normal and nice for a change. Olenna did her a huge favour offing Joffrey. Also I'm hoping Theon manages to escape even though he was a total dick for betraying the Starks he paid big time for that mistake so I hope gets out alive.

Yeah I took the whole baby scene as them making the child into one of them which suggests they're recruiting/expanding their ranks for a full on assault, hopefully against Danny's dragons (ice and fire!) when she finally reaches westeros. However I'm sure GRRM will kill her off before she ever reaches the iron throne. :p

I'm really hoping we see a certain stone hearted bitch soon.

Ohhhh yessssss ;)

Can't wait

Dany had better sit on that throne or I'm gonna smack a bitch

Back