Skip to main content

Things that scare you?

Lindsay1973

Awesome site donor
Thought it might be a fun place to share things that scare us.I'm petrified of the Parktown Prawn
images.jpg
****runs off to delete the picture from my computer

spiders...uggh!! Oh and Heights is a huge fear of mine,did manage to go up table mountain once..never ever,ever,ever again

balloons popping... which I avoided from about 10 to 30 something but it's kind of hard now with a kid so I try to dispose of them as quickly as possible.

when people start playing with elastic bands (rubber bands) not sure if there is an Aussie term... those things that you wrap around other things to hold together. Scared to get one in the eye. Even flicked against the skin hurts.

Champagne corks... I leave the room when a bottle is being opened. Usually duck also even though I'm not in the room. Have done many silly things to avoid opening one myself including calling a taxi and paying his fare to my house when my friend and I couldn't open the f'n thing.

people scaring me purposely... the shower and bathroom scares the HMs have been doing this year would be the end of me

store awnings... about once a year or so I'm reminded of how easily they could fall down with no warning and then I go into panic mode trying to avoid them

spiders in Australia because I still have no clue which ones are harmless or not... I just assume they all want to kill me

Blue Whales or really any large whale species in general, absolutely serious. Just can't stand thinking about something that big while I am in the water.

Cockroaches.
I don't mind spiders, but cockroaches freak me out!

Besides the common things, large dogs scare me. Sometimes I'll be walking and see one ahead and I automatically change directions. Even when they're on a leash. Large cats sometimes freak me out too.

I'm a bit claustrophobic when in a new environments, and hate toilets with no gaps. When I'm in one of these toilets, and I don't know exactly how the lock works, I don't lock it! Rationally I know a monkey can figure it out, but I know if I struggle for 2 seconds, I'll go into panic mode.

Those are just the more unusual ones..a lottt of things scare me.

Moths! My number 1 fear!

ARGH! Mine too!

It's weird because I have no problem with cockroaches, spiders, or even butterflies. Yet moths freak me the hell out with the evil furriness and flying. Hate it when one is hidden in the washing and when I go to take them off the line they attack!

I've been having a reoccurring nightmare that I wake up with Jade in my bed. She then spends the next three months following me around, annoying me.

Poverty & fires, political conservatives, religious fanatics.

Everyone in Australia has to be wary of spiders &snakes, that is just self preservation.

Have you overcome any fears?

Mice used to freak me out, now I can chase them around little shits.
Spiders I couldn't kill they made me nervous, now I chase them too.

Public speaking - I was terrified, did some training, and lots of public speaking & now I love it
And we should work harder on this in high schools, so we don't end up with Eds

I'm scared of some minor things, like bugs in general.

But I hate the thought of open ocean and being stranded in the middle of it. I don't like the ocean in general (soooo many freaky looking things down there), but the beach is ok.

But I hate the thought of open ocean and being stranded in the middle of it. I don't like the ocean in general (soooo many freaky looking things down there), but the beach is ok.

Yes, THIS!!! Things like bugs, spiders, snakes etc don't scare me at all really, but the ocean terrifies me. I can go to the beach, but I never go out further than I can stand up. The only things in the ocean that don't petrify me at the mere thought of are sharks, dolphins and sea lions. Everything else (mostly fish) is the stuff of nightmares.

The ocean as a general body of water is scary to me, that's before I even think about the various ocean life there in.

Poverty & fires, political conservatives, religious fanatics.

Everyone in Australia has to be wary of spiders &snakes, that is just self preservation.

Have you overcome any fears?

Mice used to freak me out, now I can chase them around little shits.
Spiders I couldn't kill they made me nervous, now I chase them too.

Public speaking - I was terrified, did some training, and lots of public speaking & now I love it
And we should work harder on this in high schools, so we don't end up with Eds
I used to be scared of heights so I'd avoid a lot of rides at theme parks but now I love them! I still get scared climbing up something though. Going up isn't the difficult part for me but it's the thought of going back down. If I look down I'm screwed. The few times I've tried those rock climbing walls I've needed help to come down haha

balloons popping... which I avoided from about 10 to 30 something but it's kind of hard now with a kid so I try to dispose of them as quickly as possible.

when people start playing with elastic bands (rubber bands) not sure if there is an Aussie term... those things that you wrap around other things to hold together. Scared to get one in the eye. Even flicked against the skin hurts.
These two. Totally!

Cockroaches/ palmetto bugs.

Tornadoes. Frequently dream about these and wake up horrified.

Tidal waves. See above.

Back