Skip to main content

Do you know any of the house mates personally?

Tahan was in one of my classes at La Trobe university in Melbourne, i dont remember much about her personality, just that she was really pretty.

Damian (season 2) was as much a cheesy douche when I knew him in high school as he was on the show. Didn't go to the same school (private boys vs private girls school) but had mutual friends and his sister went to my school, and he dated a friend of mine. I have/had many mutual acquaintances with Nelson '05 as well...he doesn't seem as horrible in real life as he was on the show.

I had the hots for Damian! But then he was the first one evicted... Lol.

It's ok... I did post this in public forum, after all!

It was kinda hard at first, especially since at the beginning of the show she was deemed as being very "cool" and was certainly popular with viewers and then over the weeks she very quickly became the most hated. So, where people around me had once been really interested in this cool and interesting person I knew and wanted to know all about her, they then wanted to know all the dirt, I was constantly being asked if she was really like in real life, and even questioned as to why I wanted to be associated with her. That was hard to see and it was hard to hear, and it was difficult for me to connect the Tully I knew with the Tully I was seeing, and by the end I was almost mourning the Tully I knew because I became convinced that she was gone. It was trying at times. But, the good news is that now she is out, she is back to to her old self and I don't have to worry anymore.

I guess that shows that what we see, isn't always a great example of the person they really are. I didn't like Tully in the house, but when she was on the eviction stage i was like wtf she's actually pretty ok and really quite intelligent, which i really didn't see in the house lol

But having said that my favourites are Tim and Tahan who are two people i have no doubt i would hate to be friends worth lol it's all about entertainment

I once served John and Ashley (of Turkey slap fame) at the supermarket I worked at. They invited me to the house party they were going to and I politely declined. Vesna came in there a few times as well.

This doesn't count as I don't even know how credible the source is lol but still.

On BB's "Meet Tahan" video on Youtube, there was a girl who commented that she went to high school with Tahan. She said she was really nice! :)

I once served John and Ashley (of Turkey slap fame) at the supermarket I worked at. They invited me to the house party they were going to and I politely declined. Vesna came in there a few times as well.

I really liked Ashley. He was my original pick for winner and I truly think that if he hadn't been thrown out then he would have won. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy still that Jamie won.

What I wonder most is how many housemates, current and past, are members of this forum. Given this is the place where BB fans congregate, and obviously they are fans if they've auditioned and gone on the show, I imagine it would be quite a lot? Are any publically known?

Ie someone mentioned they hope Tully comes back here, was she a known member previously?

Was Tim a member here?

Dô we know any of there user names? Old posts?

Thanks [MENTION=33654]Alice Houston[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36320]stephx[/MENTION].

I haven't made a secret of it, but had this thread not been created I probably wouldn't have made a big statement about it. But I'm totally cool with whatever questions people might have.

Yeah, she does have quite a few friends on this forum. Among them are people who signed up well before the current season started so they are just "regular members" who happen to know Tully. I don't know if that actually makes a difference, but for some reason I feel like it does! Totally respect their privacy as well, they are entitled to it afterall.

does Tully feel like Ed or even Matt or Tim deliberately tried to make her look bad in the house to get her evicted ?
has she watch much (or any) of the show since she got out (especially of the time she was in there) ?

does Tully feel like Ed or even Matt or Tim deliberately tried to make her look bad in the house to get her evicted ?
has she watch much (or any) of the show since she got out (especially of the time she was in there) ?

I have no idea on your first, but yes she has been slowly catching up and has has been watching it a lot since she left the house too.

As a ps I don't know Caleb personally, but I know his fire station/shift. I'm a dispatcher, he's a firie, so I knew of him as he was going into the house, everyone at work sussed out who he was and from what station and shift etc as soon as we knew a Melbourne firie was going into the house!

I used to work at Nova 96.9 with Tim (from this season) when I was 20, and to be honest I wasn't a big fan. He was fun, admittedly, but incredibly annoying to work with, and being a Casanova isn't that hard of a job. Most of my co-workers and I just tolerated him but there weren't many of us who could stand to work shifts with him. I guess I know a version of him that wasn't trying to win $250,000, so he was nowhere near as loveable/mischievous as he seems to be in the house. I find myself warming to him on TV which is a strange feeling. It also always annoys me that all the rest of the HMs think of Tim as intelligent. He really isn't. He's got a semblance of street smarts, granted, but I don't think of him as a smart guy at all. He was the oldest out of the whole old group of Casanovas (most of us have since left, moved on etc.) and the least switched on. I wish him all the best, but having known him personally I'm not sure how I feel about him winning.

Im sure tahans mum has as well. Same with tullys dad

My post was about my first hand experience with family or friends. It wasn't a sympathy gathering effort so why did you feel it was necessary to comment on other parents. Do you know that Tahan's mum has been reading comments and not coping? Do you know Tully's dad has been doing this too? For all you know they have stayed away from social media. Can't i say anything about Mikkayla without you turning into a Tahan comment?

I'm sure any parent would not be coping well with hate comments. But I haven't seen this expressed by them.

My post was about my first hand experience with family or friends. It wasn't a sympathy gathering effort so why did you feel it was necessary to comment on other parents. Do you know that Tahan's mum has been reading comments and not coping? Do you know Tully's dad has been doing this too? For all you know they have stayed away from social media. Can't i say anything about Mikkayla without you turning into a Tahan comment?

I'm sure any parent would not be coping well with hate comments. But I haven't seen this expressed by them.
I dont think [MENTION=34520]harricane9[/MENTION] meant it that way. She didn't change it into a Tahan comment. She also mentioned Tully's dad. And it goes without saying that everyone parent, relative or friend would feel hurt by hateful comments.

I used to work at Nova 96.9 with Tim (from this season) when I was 20, and to be honest I wasn't a big fan. He was fun, admittedly, but incredibly annoying to work with, and being a Casanova isn't that hard of a job. Most of my co-workers and I just tolerated him but there weren't many of us who could stand to work shifts with him. I guess I know a version of him that wasn't trying to win $250,000, so he was nowhere near as loveable/mischievous as he seems to be in the house. I find myself warming to him on TV which is a strange feeling. It also always annoys me that all the rest of the HMs think of Tim as intelligent. He really isn't. He's got a semblance of street smarts, granted, but I don't think of him as a smart guy at all. He was the oldest out of the whole old group of Casanovas (most of us have since left, moved on etc.) and the least switched on. I wish him all the best, but having known him personally I'm not sure how I feel about him winning.

Does that make you feel a little more towards Ed, and his frustrations against Tim?

I can imagine it would be awful.... I say some pretty awful things sometimes and think it's ok because they make the choice to go into the spotlight and be picked apart and talked about whether it be good or bad.... But friends and family haven't made that choice, as a mother it would break my heart to read anything bad about my kids...

Note to self....think before you post

*sigh* This whole Mikkayla/tahan thing between fans is getting beyond stupid. Hurricane made a general comment about BOTH tully and Tahan. It wasn't a dig against mikka

*sigh* This whole Mikkayla/tahan thing between fans is getting beyond stupid. Hurricane made a general comment about BOTH tully and Tahan. It wasn't a dig against mikka

no it was a dig against me :(
the fact that 3 people had to reply to me makes me feel attacked
:( :( :(

no it was a dig against me :(
the fact that 3 people had to reply to me makes me feel attacked
:( :( :(

Sorry i only caught on to the end about families taking it hard reading stuff said about their loved ones...

I wasn't attacking or joining in on any disagreement :)

Back