Skip to main content

Tim the psychopath - his tricks, and Ed

Let me guess, you are someone from Ed's family... right!

It's funny you should mention that because Ed was discussing Tim's narcissism and described NPD traits rather eloquently using the words victims-in-the-know use such as "narcissistic supply". I wondered if Ed has had some exposure to one.

My mother is a malignant narcissist so yeah, I'm a little too familiar with PDs too. Her neighbour was murdered, shot through the front door in a nice middleclass suburb. It was a hit gone wrong. Wrong house. But mum framed the victim's son. Why? Because the son (my bf) had complained about our dog barking. Mum felt slighted and wanted to teach him a lesson. She gave a two hour statement providing motive. When the cops came to arrest her for misleading police, she went to her doctor and feigned psychosis and got herself admitted to a psych ward to avoid prosecution.
You are right, Tim has some empathy but also has plenty of PD traits. Its unusual for sure.

It's funny you should mention that because Ed was discussing Tim's narcissism and described NPD traits rather eloquently using the words victims-in-the-know use such as "narcissistic supply". I wondered if Ed has had some exposure to one.

If he's mentioning narcissistic supply then he definitely knows quite a bit about personality disorders, probably from personal experience.

I get why you recognised stuff in Tim's behaviour. He's TRYING to be ruthless. Really trying but he's not as successful as he could be.

NPDs/ASPDs wouldn't make the mistakes he does. "I'm starting to care big brother". He wants to be hard but he's too nice a person.
I agree its unusual, sort of like an apprentice in PD traits!

Well Tim is going to have to be a better psychopath and narcissist I believe

He has narcissistic traits no question (I'm a genius, I have control of this game, I enjoy lying etc) but the telling thing is someone with NPD would never say/admit they are a narcissist. Apart from the lack of insight, to admit they had any flaw would mean a loss of status. And NPDs as you know are all about status.

Do any of you offer Bulk Billing?

At this stage I'm thinking of giving my mental health work to TraLa, she is kind of sexy.

If he's mentioning narcissistic supply then he definitely knows quite a bit about personality disorders, probably from personal experience.

The AFL would harbour many NPDs IMO. NPD causes are varied (shame/sex abuse has been cited) but one causal factor is constant over-praise by parents when they grow up. Athletes that join the elite that have been told constantly "you are the best, no one better, you are a star etc" I am sure Ed has met a heap.

Ed was banging on about women being treated rudely or something the other night. Imagine what the dude was up against with the attitudes towards women, and number of sexual assaults/charges in the AFL...

For all those taking the piss, the premise of BB is a *psychological experiment so it's not a big surprise the majority of the posts are related to behavioural analysis/breaking this down...

Alot of our stuff may seem OTT but at least it's not just "**Tahan's a fucken bitch"

*well it was back in the day with 24/7 live feeds...
** she is lol

Oh dear. The more I think about it Poxy... I am pretty certain Ed has an NPD in his family or has been the victim of one.

a) He has the language of a victim or "scapegoat". He knows the buzzwords.

b) He's identified Tim as a narcissist and is obsessed with him. NPD scapegoats become "truth tellers", always trying to expose the narcissist. Notice how he goes on and on and on and on about it. Much like I go on and on and on and on about it (will fully admit). I bet you do too Poxy. Another victim contacted me via DM and pointed out that discussing NPD keeps gives NPD perps supply, which is absolutely right so I am going to stop it here after this post.

That might explain the circlic two hour argument between them the other night. Ed was trying to articulate that about Tim, i.e. Tim elevates himself (his status) by putting others down, the gaslighting (revising the truth) turning things around making the perp look like a victim. All those tricks. He's even alluded to triangulation (playing others off each other for sport).

Shit eh. Poor guy. No wonder he's going crazy in there and why every DR rant will be about Tim from here on in.

Tim = Ted Bundy
Sorry not seeing it.
Wonder if I'm a psychopath - I've called people idiots before.

[MENTION=2181]Poxy[/MENTION] isn't saying that Tim = Ted Bundy at all. There are far more psychopaths in the world than there are serial killers. We all encounter psychopaths I'm afraid... whether it be in our workplaces, sporting clubs, neighbourhoods, our own families etc. We don't all necessarily encounter serial killers on a daily basis.

BPD symptoms:
* frantic efforts to avoid feared abandonment
* intensity and instability in relationships
* suicidal behaviour, or acts of self-harm
* an unstable self-image or sense of self
* impulsive behaviour (eg. spending, substance use, reckless driving, sex, binge eating)
* emotional instability due to reactivity of mood
* chronic feelings of emptiness
* intense, inappropriate or uncontrollable anger
* paranoid thinking under stress or 'dissociative' symptoms

^As you can see, borderline personality disorder is a lot more than just being overly emotional.

Thank you.

Q. Is Tim a serial rapist/sexual torturer? Sociopaths are. ALL without exception, even the women.

Q. Is Tim a recidivist criminal? Sociopaths are.

Your experience sounds a bit horrific and I am sorry to hear about it and that you had to go through it.

I'm struggling a bit with these first two points. The Age/Sydney Morning Herald ran some articles a little while back on sociopaths including one by a diagnosed self confessed sociopath. I think she (? I think it was a she) had recently published a book and had also created a website called sociopathworld.com. it has alot of FAQ and 'stories'. While the info on the website doesn't make me want to rush out and surround myself with sociopaths, it seems to suggest that a relatively high percentage of them can more or less fit into society without becoming torturers or criminals. They might be self centered and manipulative. And make some people's lives miserable. But not take it to torture or crime... What do people think?

Nathan summed it up nicely. He said to Tim he seemed to enjoy making other people feel bad. If I'm not mistaken, that goes beyond narcissism and into the realm of psychopathy/sociopathy.

Your experience sounds a bit horrific and I am sorry to hear about it and that you had to go through it.

I'm struggling a bit with these first two points. The Age/Sydney Morning Herald ran some articles a little while back on sociopaths including one by a diagnosed self confessed sociopath. I think she (? I think it was a she) had recently published a book and had also created a website called sociopathworld.com. it has alot of FAQ and 'stories'. While the info on the website doesn't make me want to rush out and surround myself with sociopaths, it seems to suggest that a relatively high percentage of them can more or less fit into society without becoming torturers or criminals. They might be self centered and manipulative. And make some people's lives miserable. But not take it to torture or crime... What do people think?

You're correct. ALL sociopaths are not rapists and sexual torturers, or criminals. A lot of the traits displayed by 'sociopaths' provide them with success.

All people are somewhere on a continuum, whether that is the 'normal' continuum, or the 'personality disorder' continuum.

It's ignorant to put every single person into the same category - that's the basis of every ism in this world.

Nathan summed it up nicely. He said to Tim he seemed to enjoy making other people feel bad. If I'm not mistaken, that goes beyond narcissism and into the realm of psychopathy/sociopathy.

Nope. They just wouldn't care if other people felt bad. They wouldn't go out of their way to make someone feel bad, unless that would serve them some benefit.

If they wanted your money for their own financial gain, they could take your money and not feel remorse.

They wouldn't take your money to make you feel bad - you feeling bad is just a consequence of the act, and of no concern to them.

Back