Skip to main content

Tim the psychopath - his tricks, and Ed

I think the most interesting thing that could happen on BB now, is Tim getting evicted. That's when we'd get to see a completely different household. I'd like to see who gets along with whom after he's gone. And let's see what his posse do when there's no one to "follow".
If by different you mean boring and dull, I agree.

Watch the mik, jade and Ed convos to get a taste of every minute of every daily show.
Omg how tapioca

No they wouldn't... you only think that because it's been the Tim Show lately, and is going to stay that way so long as he's in there.

Life goes on after you remove the charismatic manipulator from any kind of group... even if their followers spend a little while feeling like they have had a limb removed.

With Tim gone, housemates who feel oppressed around him would get their second wind and really start to have fun again.

Drew, Boog and Tahan already have fun every day. Ed has never had fun. Jade stopped having fun when she flung herself on Ed and mik stopped having fun when she attached herself as a third wheel. If you want the fun level to go up get rid of the fun black hole Ed.

Drew, Boog and Tahan already have fun every day. Ed has never had fun. Jade stopped having fun when she flung herself on Ed and mik stopped having fun when she attached herself as a third wheel. If you want the fun level to go up get rid of the fun black hole Ed.

Quoted for truth. Ed = fun black hole!!!

To say Tim is a psycopath/sociopath is incredibly ignorant. We know he's capable of empathy - even his haters must admit that. In saying that - without sounding like an amateur psychologist here - I do wonder whether he has some undiagnosed and/or pre-existing mental illness. I love the guy but after spending my boring weekend reading the live updates thread to see what I missed in the first few weeks of the show (I came in late), it's clear to me that he's "more" than just eccentric. It's like his brain actually works differently from most people.

There was also a couple of really interesting videos that I came across where he inferred - well, inferred is probably the wrong word - but seemed to indicate something wasn't quite right.

There was one video where he told the HM's about an ex GF who he can't get over. He explained that he does a lot of "good" things in life to try and show her he's not "totally fucked in the head" and is capable of "caring about people". He then went on to say that he lives in a different reality from everyone else - his world is totally different because he lives in his own fantasy. He then admitted that his ex HATED that world he created though conceded that perhaps a tiny part of her liked it because of the ""risk factor".

I've always thought he was eccentric but I never really considered the idea that he had some "problem". In the above video it seemed clear that he's got his fair share of emotional issues.

Then there was another video where Ben and him are talking about the differences between them. He started hassling Ben about not being adventurous enough until Ben came back with his own analysis in which he hypothesised that while he (Ben) is bad at taking huge chances in life, he's fantastic at organising the small, mundane stuff. He likes a controlled existence while Tim is drawn to total chaos. Tim agreed and then admitted that he freaked out about opening mail. He can't really deal with normal mundane tasks in day to day life. He then admitted that a few months earlier he actually started crying when he had to open a superanuation letter, ultimately handing it over to his dad and saying "I can't deal with this!".

I think the contrast between him and Ben is fascinating. They're so different but they ultimately seem to understand and relate to each others issues. I miss their conversations :(

Anyway, I'm not going to dare to attempt a diagnosis but just from the above videos (and a few other things) I'd think it quite likely there probably is some problem there. This doesn't make him a bad person and is certainly not a judgement - if anything I find the topic fascinating. People are so complicated.

I should ask actually (if anyone knows) whether they let people who have any sort of severe mental illness into the house? Not to be descriminatory (and I hope I haven't offended anyone with that question!) but it seems rather cruel to inflict that sort of mental strain and torture on someone who already has a bunch of if issues.

To say Tim is a psycopath/sociopath is incredibly ignorant. We know he's capable of empathy - even his haters must admit that. In saying that - without sounding like an amateur psychologist here - I do wonder whether he has some undiagnosed and/or pre-existing mental illness. I love the guy but after spending my boring weekend reading the live updates thread to see what I missed in the first few weeks of the show (I came in late), it's clear to me that he's "more" than just eccentric. It's like his brain actually works differently from most people.

There was also a couple of really interesting videos that I came across where he inferred - well, inferred is probably the wrong word - but seemed to indicate something wasn't quite right.

There was one video where he told the HM's about an ex GF who he can't get over. He explained that he does a lot of "good" things in life to try and show her he's not "totally fucked in the head" and is capable of "caring about people". He then went on to say that he lives in a different reality from everyone else - his world is totally different because he lives in his own fantasy. He then admitted that his ex HATED that world he created though conceded that perhaps a tiny part of her liked it because of the ""risk factor".

I've always thought he was eccentric but I never really considered the idea that he had some "problem". In the above video it seemed clear that he's got his fair share of emotional issues.

Then there was another video where Ben and him are talking about the differences between them. He started hassling Ben about not being adventurous enough until Ben came back with his own analysis in which he hypothesised that while he (Ben) is bad at taking huge chances in life, he's fantastic at organising the small, mundane stuff. He likes a controlled existence while Tim is drawn to total chaos. Tim agreed and then admitted that he freaked out about opening mail. He can't really deal with normal mundane tasks in day to day life. He then admitted that a few months earlier he actually started crying when he had to open a superanuation letter, ultimately handing it over to his dad and saying "I can't deal with this!".

I think the contrast between him and Ben is fascinating. They're so different but they ultimately seem to understand and relate to each others issues. I miss their conversations :(

Anyway, I'm not going to dare to attempt a diagnosis but just from the above videos (and a few other things) I'd think it quite likely there probably is some problem there. This doesn't make him a bad person and is certainly not a judgement - if anything I find the topic fascinating. People are so complicated.

I should ask actually (if anyone knows) whether they let people who have any sort of severe mental illness into the house? Not to be descriminatory (and I hope I haven't offended anyone with that question!) but it seems rather cruel to inflict that sort of mental strain and torture on someone who already has a bunch of if issues.

We all have issues. In tims case he appears to be adhd with hyperactive traits. Highly creative and always moving. Its what will keep him working in creative arts. The guys never gonna be buttoned down. Is it a severe disorder? Probably not. The house magnifies this.

We all have issues. In tims case he appears to be adhd with hyperactive traits. Highly creative and always moving. Its what will keep him working in creative arts. The guys never gonna be buttoned down. Is it a severe disorder? Probably not. The house magnifies this.

Ususally I would agree (and honestly, I figured he was ADHD from the first episode I saw him) and before now I had just assumed the house was probably making him a little more over the top than he probably is in real life.

The reason the two videos that I described above caught my attention is that in both of them he's actually talking about issues he has in real life. Not being able to cope with mundane tasks like opening your mail just doesn't seem too healthy to me. The fact that he's so drawn to chaos and insists in living in his own fantasy world...

Once again, this isn't a judgement. The guy is my favourite HM and I actually feel a bit bad about scrutinizing him in this way. I just think he's really fascinating.

Ususally I would agree (and honestly, I figured he was ADHD from the first episode I saw him) and before now I had just assumed the house was probably making him a little more over the top than he probably is in real life.

The reason the two videos that I described above caught my attention is that in both of them he's actually talking about issues he has in real life. Not being able to cope with mundane tasks like opening your mail just doesn't seem too healthy to me. The fact that he's so drawn to chaos and insists in living in his own fantasy world...

Once again, this isn't a judgement. The guy is my favourite HM and I actually feel a bit bad about scrutinizing him in this way. I just think he's really fascinating.

Then again it could be crap. People on 24/7 speak a lot of crap. Who really knows depression can make mundane tasks difficult, he may have been depressed. Oh and in that magnified environment i think he'd speak more crap eg bindi irwin., pissed in the bath, etc

Tim said, "If I can't manipulate people, they are dead to me."

He sets out deliberately to make others feel bad by using insults and malicious gossip.

He steals food.

He cannot form empathetic relationships with women. He can only use them.

He has lied on multiple occasions.

He's a medium-level psychopath and extreme narcissist.

Tim said, "If I can't manipulate people, they are dead to me."

He sets out deliberately to make others feel bad by using insults and malicious gossip.

He steals food.

He cannot form empathetic relationships with women. He can only use them.

He has lied on multiple occasions.

He's a medium-level psychopath and extreme narcissist.

That was a joke. Don't think a real N would ever admit such a thing. A lot of them want others to believe they're wonderful.

They all bitch. Don't think any of it was malicious.

No one's gonna starve.

How can you know this? Maybe he does in the BB house, but at least he's honest about it unlike Ed.

Don't remember any. I'm sure they were white lies.

Tim wallows in his own selfishness in the diary room, using it as a tool for self-promotion. He sets out to appeal to the selfishness and narcissism of his followers.

He treats people as things. Again in the diary room, he referred to the female intruders as "presents" for himself.

Now Boog says that she is being sucked into Tim's vortex. Mikkayla is now his target, and Drew has fallen for it hook, line & sinker.

I think that Tim probably is a bit of a narcissist. I get the impression that most of what he says is a mixture of lies, distortions, half-truths and selective truths. Yet at the same time, he is so involved in his own games and fantasies that I wonder whether he's always completely aware of how truthful he's being.

Either way, it's obvious that Tim isn't evil in the same sense as Ben from last year. The cruelty he has displayed in the house doesn't seem to extend beyond the realms of normal human cruelty. He does seem less empathetic than most people, but in my experience I've noticed that this is pretty common amongst highly extroverted, impulsive people. If you’re living in a hyper-excited bubble, it’s probably a lot harder to empathise with people who are feeling depressed. I can only speak for myself, but when I’m in a hyperactive mood, I probably only feel 5% of the empathy I feel when I’m depressed - for instance, if I was watching a sad movie in an overly aroused state, I couldn't possibly be moved to tears unless I calmed myself down, so if someone is perpetually stuck in such a frame of mind, I can understand why they may be less caring of others.

Last edited:
There was a video on the OS a few weeks back in which Tim spoke about having a "head monster". If I remember correctly, he said that he needs to let this "head monster" lose every now and then because the resultant external chaos allows him to be free from the chaos in his head. It might sound nutty but I don't think his "head monster" is really the equivalent of Dexter's "dark passenger". I think he just has a maddening itch for stimulation.

Tim is a cunning psychopath........sorry, don't see it. Annoying little shit, yes, evil puppet-master....not so much. Everything going wrong in the house now is being blamed on him. Does he really have that much power over the others? He gets waaaay too much credit. We're talking about a 29 year-old man-boy who lives with guinea pigs he named after rock stars. There's definitely something a bit off about him but it's nowhere near as sinister as what the OP and some other idiots are making it out to be. Personally all I see is someone who was once a weird, sensitive, quite intelligent kid with a mind that differs from the norm, who grew up to be a weird, sensitive, quite intelligent man who unfortunately became quite self-obsessed in a quest to be different from what he was.

That is all.

Tim didn't say he has trouble opening mail.... I think people are misunderstanding his point lol. He said he can't deal with things that involve organisation, like keeping up with bills and filing his tax return etc, which is why he ends up shirking a lot of those types of responsibilities. He sees a BILL in the mail and freaks out, gives it to his dad to deal with. That's what he meant.

Jeeesus. He's just discussed on the Live Feed his Narcissism and said "I haven't been diagnosed. It is a personality disorder..."

I still think, having a fully blown NPD mother-dearest myself and the chaos it brings, that he just has narcissist traits (granted alot), as Mikk just said moments ago, "you're on the spectrum". NPDs as I said b4 lack insight. They would never admit to/acknowledge any flaw.

[MENTION=2181]Poxy[/MENTION] isn't saying that Tim = Ted Bundy at all. There are far more psychopaths in the world than there are serial killers. We all encounter psychopaths I'm afraid... whether it be in our workplaces, sporting clubs, neighbourhoods, our own families etc. We don't all necessarily encounter serial killers on a daily basis.

This simply is not true. You may encounter people who have psychopathic traits but true psychopaths are actually rare. A true psychopath has no conscious/empathy. Not some, not only towards their mom, none.

Back