Skip to main content

Channel 9 ad bias, disrespectful to paying voters

F

fivecougars

I just saw a BB ad on channel 9 ... all it was, was 30 seconds of Tully crying and being emo ... no other housematers were shown apart from when she kissed Drew under the towel...

The voiceover (Goldman i think, but this isnt his fault) was "Vote to keep the drama in the house!"

Maybe i'm misinterpreting it but to me it just seemed like a "Save Tully" ad.

BB fans are spending their own money to vote for this show, so I don't like this sort of promotional bias

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't drama, she's emotionally exhaustive. Regardless, even just watching the daily shows, certain housemates have more airtime than others. Even the ones not seemingly doing much... Like talking to photo's.

I'll lookout for the ad though. Catching up on the shows on channel nine now actually.

They are getting worried about the backlash and have to protect her by keeping her in. Plus its all money isnt it. I hate the way channel 9 promotes their favourites. I dont ever remember adds for a particular Housemate before with Channel 10.

Yeah, I've seen it. It is 90% Tully. Her with her breakdowns and crying, etc. They flash the sisters and Tahan up in between at times, but really it's a promo for Tully saying to vote for her to keep her drama.

well.. she IS the show this year. No Tully = No show...... I bet Tim will be livid to know that he isnt the center of attention in this year

The ads do seem geared towards keeping her in. Maybe her percentages aren't looking good and they really want to amp them up.

They are getting worried about the backlash and have to protect her by keeping her in. Plus its all money isnt it. I hate the way channel 9 promotes their favourites. I dont ever remember adds for a particular Housemate before with Channel 10.

I agree with you, I honestly think theyre going to keep her in there till the end just to protect her.

I agree with you, I honestly think theyre going to keep her in there till the end just to protect her.
Is thats the case then I will have to turn off. I think they are making a huge mistake. The anger towards her will grow even more. Not that I am condoning it at all! I hope she leaves tomorrow.

Is thats the case then I will have to turn off. I think they are making a huge mistake. The anger towards her will grow even more. Not that I am condoning it at all! I hope she leaves tomorrow.

Yep, if she leaves now people will send hate but come next week she will be forgotten. I think its best to save her from hurt and get rid of her tomorrow.

the sooner she leaves the sooner she and Tahlia (who has been amazing at keeping a level head through all of this) can get together for some important talks regarding their (ex?)relationship

and on a side note it would also remove all the negative draining crybaby stuff that has been doing everyones head in

having said that, hedgo18 makes a pretty valid point also regarding managing this Tully Thing™

It's not just Tully. They've had ads for Ben, Tim, and apparently Tahan as well.
Yep. They've had ads for all of them.

Sick of people saying BB chooses one housemate over another (they usually say that about Ben).

Sick of people saying BB chooses one housemate over another
Just to clarify, there are several people up for eviction this week, but the only ad they've shown is a 30 second "Save Tully to keep the drama in the house" ad... it's not my opinion, it's reality. It's Channel 9 choosing one housemate over another. Have you seen any ads for any of the other nominated housemates this week? ... :)

Yep. They've had ads for all of them.

Sick of people saying BB chooses one housemate over another (they usually say that about Ben).
Thats because the only adds I ever saw on Channel 9 were for him and they replayed it over and over and over again.
If that isn't favoritism then what is? Now it seems its Tullys turn! Have you seen the add for Mikkayla?

Yep, if she leaves now people will send hate but come next week she will be forgotten. I think its best to save her from hurt and get rid of her tomorrow.

great point! people got over bb15 racist cast in days! Many people thought it would be much worse when they are out in public. But, nothing happened

Don't worry: Tully will go. Or be very close to going! She won't last too long...

Thats because the only adds I ever saw on Channel 9 were for him and they replayed it over and over and over again.
If that isn't favoritism then what is? Now it seems its Tullys turn! Have you seen the add for Mikkayla?
At least it's favoritism over an interesting housemate. Mikkayla, for me, is boring and even Sharon/Jasmine had more interesting qualities.

Back