Skip to main content

Episode Day 46 (Thu 12th Sept) Daily Show - 90mins

Can't believe Drew got angry about the dinner topic that never was. What a douche! Tully was packing his bags for him like she was his wife? That was so weird! However it was nice of him to take Ben into the Presidential Suite. And Tahan - the reason you have no-one to be close to is because you told everyone you weren't here to make friends. Get over it.

Let's not go putting words into my mouth here because I'm not talking about that (I agree that Tully is WRONG WRONG WRONG to be cheating on her girlfriend like this). What I take issue with is that Matt constantly tells her off for being negative, rolls his eyes whenever she cries, etc and dismisses her whenever she says she has been having a good day. It makes me very uncomfortable, and I was uncomfortable with it long before Tully and Drew started their little... whatever it is... because it reminds me way too much of the way some colleagues of mine acted towards me when I was dealing with severe depression. (I don't know if this is what Tully's going through but the way they're reacting to her is identical, and the reaction is what's making me angry).

It's an attitude that's all too common, unfortunately. So many people are like "oh you'll be right, just be positive, bootstraps and all that, grow a pair" and completely dismiss any explanations as to WHY someone might be reacting to things that way.

I do think that Drew has started to see the light about this whole thing - did you see his expression after ully stormed away (while Tahan was there)? His face said "I've made a terrible mistake".

Oh wow... Are you Tully's Life Coach? Are you suggesting that all of the other HM's cowtow to Tully's attention-seeking behaviour because they don't understand her? They should invest in her misery?

If you are right, then this girl doesn't belong in the house and the Psych's should intervene ASAP.

I have no problem with Matt and Ed wanting to address the issue, but frankly, I found the whole idea of a sneak attack with some snide dinner question kind of petty and childish. And a bit melodramatic, when melodrama was exactly what they were sick of. Maybe I'm alone in that, but while I wish they hadn't chickened out of any kind of confrontation, I was glad they decided not to do it that way.

I have no problem with Matt and Ed wanting to address the issue, but frankly, I found the whole idea of a sneak attack with some snide dinner question kind of petty and childish. And a bit melodramatic, when melodrama was exactly what they were sick of. Maybe I'm alone in that, but while I wish they hadn't chickened out of any kind of confrontation, I was glad they decided not to do it that way.

Yeah a convo over the dinner table wouldn't have been the right way to go about it, I agree. Drew should have been happy that they decided not to. Just shows his arrogance

Oh wow... Are you Tully's Life Coach? Are you suggesting that all of the other HM's cowtow to Tully's attention-seeking behaviour because they don't understand her? They should invest in her misery?

If you are right, then this girl doesn't belong in the house and the Psych's should intervene ASAP.

No I'm not. I just think they are going about it the wrong way.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to put her into the house when it's such an intense fishbowl environment at the best of times.

random HM thoughts

- tim has had a weak couple of weeks. not only has he not really had any stand out antics, but he's been shown a few times not being mr. opportunistic button pusher, but instead actively engaging in the sniping and talking behind people's backs. sure, he'll be honest if confronted, but he's not taking his own advice and confronting on his own. although he had a beautiful moment with tully tonight

- speaking of tully, yes, she's a dementor. ready your patronus for monday. watching her emotionally blackmail and manipulate drew is really disturbing

- speaking of drew, it's clear from the past few days that he is supremely aware of what's happening and though he may mention how tough it can be, it's also clear he loves it. he has no one to blame but himself.

- speaking of no one to blame but yourself, hi, tahan. you say you're just being honest, so wear the consequences. but we all know that's not true, you're just a bitchy girl who's used to being popular and having every turd you dump on someone praised. reap the whirlwind, darling.

- on the other hand, how hilarious were the sisters with those fish. i really think nothing can get them truly down. they're hands down the easiest HMs to just watch and hangout with on the tv

- mikkayla and clooney really are the true power couple in there. how totally adorable. and with jade safe, mikky has a clean shot at beating ben for faux eviction. sure, she'll lose some votes to sisters voters, but i think they'll be safe with minimal support, so vote mik!

- ed is still likely going home, and his whimping out over dinner spoke volumes about his character.

- matt was hilariously disinterested in tully's waffling and scrambling after he nailed her. good on him for confronting her and keeping it dispassionate, but he needs to stand up about the cheating thing he keeps throwing around behind their backs

- ben only got picked because drew was desperate to get an evening of peace. furthermore, his accusations in the diary room that everybody else is seeing the money and it's affecting all of them, implying not him, was self-serving twaddle. i no longer think it's entirely an act, but i do believe he is playing up certain aspects of his personality to generate interest, underdog support and pity votes. the only ones not conscious of the game are jade and the sisters, not ben. by far, not ben.

- mr. clooney shits all over delilah. there, i said it.

No I'm not. I just think they are going about it the wrong way.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to put her into the house when it's such an intense fishbowl environment at the best of times.
I apologise for coming across so brash. Just read some very disturbing posts from the BB producer, just such a cop out. I am starting to sound like a broken record raving on about who is responsible for Tully's welfare (and her ex GF). It certainly isn't the other HM's. The fact that Alex M is only responding to the freaks on a Tully hate page on FB proves that he is not reading the reasonable concern posts on here.

I apologise for coming across so brash. Just read some very disturbing posts from the BB producer, just such a cop out. I am starting to sound like a broken record raving on about who is responsible for Tully's welfare (and her ex GF). It certainly isn't the other HM's. The fact that Alex M is only responding to the freaks on a Tully hate page on FB proves that he is not reading the reasonable concern posts on here.

the only way Tully will not be in denial about her traits is if Surly the fish has a word to her like he did with Jade.

when she hears stuff from hms about what she is doing she probably thinks it is a strategy of theirs, she doesn't trust them. who would in this game?

Let's not go putting words into my mouth here because I'm not talking about that (I agree that Tully is WRONG WRONG WRONG to be cheating on her girlfriend like this). What I take issue with is that Matt constantly tells her off for being negative, rolls his eyes whenever she cries, etc and dismisses her whenever she says she has been having a good day. It makes me very uncomfortable, and I was uncomfortable with it long before Tully and Drew started their little... whatever it is... because it reminds me way too much of the way some colleagues of mine acted towards me when I was dealing with severe depression. (I don't know if this is what Tully's going through but the way they're reacting to her is identical, and the reaction is what's making me angry).

It's an attitude that's all too common, unfortunately. So many people are like "oh you'll be right, just be positive, bootstraps and all that, grow a pair" and completely dismiss any explanations as to WHY someone might be reacting to things that way.

I do think that Drew has started to see the light about this whole thing - did you see his expression after Tully stormed away (while Tahan was there)? His face said "I've made a terrible mistake".
Matt has told her off exactly one time for being negative. Today (yesterday). Which is why Tully said: "why didn't you tell me this before if it was bothering you?" Matt's response: I only realised it now.

I don't like Matt. I think he's a chauvinist and while he has redeemed himself a bit this week with Jade and Tahan, I also don't have a Swiss cheese brain that will forget his behaviour before this. However if you are upset with Matt confronting Tully about her constantly negative behaviour that predates her hooking up with Drew and has nothing to do with her being up for noms despite what she said, then you'll have to come sit in the naughty corner with the rest of us. Alex/BB said today that she is fine, there are psychs on hand 24/7, 3 producers exclusively devoted to the HMs wellbeing, etc. The extreme Tully fans have consistently said she's just "expressive" and "touchy feely" despite her real life friends saying they have no clue what the fuck they're watching on tv as this isn't the person they know and love.

So which is it do you think because people can't have it both ways. If she's as "severely depressed" as you think, then the BB psych, those 3 wellness producers and everyone involved with the show are failing her. If she's just an emotional chick, then her real life friends and Tahlia didn't know her at all and she fooled them all. Either way I want her off of my tv. She has no hope of winning. Zero. So to extend this purely for the sake of fans who claim to adore her when they know she's not getting the 250k or for those who are hate voting purely for the lols is difficult to stomach for me. And that's even ignoring those who see themselves in her or are being triggered by the Drully relationship.

[MENTION=25634]Sapphy[/MENTION] - I just saw your most recent post and I do agree. Alex said on the radio the other day that Tim, Ben and Tully were the 3 most interesting characters this year. So there's his 'core 3' according to BB casting and I think he has a fucking lot of explaining to do. Unless she's Meryl Streep in disguise or his audition process is completely shithouse, she should never have been allowed in this house. These HMs aren't even having a rough go of it compared to previous seasons. In fact it's like a 3 month holiday and they're being paid a per diem weekly for it even if they don't win! Yeah emotions will bubble over from time to time but Tully has been cracking from the moment she walked into the Halfway House and for a girl who is apparently an obsessed BB fan, that response alone should've alerted the producers to watch her.

thanks [MENTION=29589]Melore[/MENTION] [MENTION=34787]candysugars[/MENTION] [MENTION=34029]murf[/MENTION] [MENTION=13757]Butterfly_Wings[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31088]Insomniac[/MENTION] , it's good to know it's appreciated! ;)

Voted already a few saves for Mikkayla ply them on people the house will be rocked and it's gonna be great television.
I thought Drew saved himself a little this episode after his poor showing the last few days. Also noticed that they had shown a little bit of nice Tully but back to bad Tully this episode. Loved the sisters even with the fish stunt they remained positive and nice.
I say again people saves for Mikkayla lets rock the house with the cat and her nine lives

Voted already a few saves for Mikkayla ply them on people the house will be rocked and it's gonna be great television.
I thought Drew saved himself a little this episode after his poor showing the last few days. Also noticed that they had shown a little bit of nice Tully but back to bad Tully this episode. Loved the sisters even with the fish stunt they remained positive and nice.
I say again people saves for Mikkayla lets rock the house with the cat and her nine lives

I'm with you!

Back